Hello!

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Hello!

Postby IslandMom » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:55 am

I am in the same boat right now with cortisone shots and physical therapy for my shoulder. Did the cortisone shot work okay for him? I seriously wish I could have one in all of my joints. Haha! It is definitely a band-aid situation, but a good one!

I'm happy that you're in a good state of mind! Are you still feeling okay about going into NTNP?

I had a nice strong O and feel we touched all bases pretty well with BD, Preseed, etc. This will be a great TWW because Alex and I set a deadline for ourselves to have the inside of the cottage 100% complete by April 1st so that gives me a VERY busy TWW. We've still got a few larger pieces of furniture to move out of there AND into there and from there it'll be a very thorough cleaning and decorating job. I'm excited! We weren't planning on having it done until mid-April, but at least if I can get pics of the inside the listing can go live while we spend the rest of April(after the 1st) working in the yard. We're planning on making a legit fire pit and still need to do some work in the flower beds, etc. It's coming along nicely!
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
DD- Indie(5) & DS- Dillinger(3)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:02 am

You had a nice jump today for o!!

He didn't t get the injection yet. They have to schedule it and all of that first. Hopefully it won't be too long.

I'm glad you will be able to keep busy during this tww. Mine has gone pretty fast too since I've not been obsessing as much. Dh built a nice fire pit in our back yard when we moved here two years ago. He laid brick then built it in the middle of the brick. It's really nice. I have a big swing next to it and he built benches around the other sides of it. He hung clear Christmas lights in the trees around it too. It looks so pretty all lit up of an evening. We roast hotdogs and marshmallows a lot during good weather out there. We live so far out in the country with no one around and it's so nice and serene out here. I absolutely love spring.

I really do feel good about NTNP. I think it might be a little hard for me to get the hang of not tracking everything. It's like how do you turn your mind off when I've been doing it for 6 months. Lol
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:45 pm

You had a lovely ovulation spike!! Hope that means good things for you this month!!

I started Af today. Two days early. I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. Hopefully it will happen for me NTNP I'm not too hopeful though. Maybe the endo is what's keeping me from getting pg. I go back to my dr to try and figure something out in April.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:01 am

Hey lady! Gah! Work, work! I've been trying to keep my mind off my super big O spike because it's looking very ideal! Temps still nice and high today (5dpo). Now I'm going to eagerly be watching for an implantation dip after today. haha!

We ended up having a snowstorm yesterday morning and by the end of the day the snow was starting to melt. Just two days before I noticed the grass on the sides of our road finally sprouting -- hopefully this really was the last of the snow. LOL! I'm over it and ready for heat!

I went to the thrift store looking for a nightstand for one of the cottage rooms yesterday and hit the motherload on fabric. I'm not sure if an old lady died or what, but someone had donated TONS of high quality, uncut fabric. Even some from my favorite textile designers... needless to say I forgot all about nightstands in the moment and bought ALL of the fabric, zippers, bias tape, and other notions. I walked out with literally upward of $600 of sewing and upholstery goodies for $50. I'm still not over my find!

Like you, I'm starting to write my not conceiving up to endo. I think I mentioned before that Alex doesn't want to face any kind of testing for either of us until September if we haven't conceived by then - and then it's on. Sometimes I wish he would come around sooner. I guess waiting is okay, but he wants 2-3 kids and I want to be completely done by 36/37 so if nothing happens by Sept and we start testing it's still a waiting game. By the time we finally succeed in getting pregnant I feel I'll be pressured to pretty much have another right away.

Blech! I feel off his morning. I took all my vitamins on an empty stomach and keep having mineral tasting burps. :puke:
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:13 am

Ok first off I'm cracking up at the emoticon at the end!! Hahaha!! Sorry you are feeling like that though.

What an amazing find on the material. I love love consignment stores for clothes furniture and whatever else!! You really can find great deals on nice stuff!!

Have you been to an ob/gyn recently? I know men just don't "get" this stuff. For me I'm very proactive and would want to start testing right away. Have you explained to him the age and fertility factor. Shoot tell him about me able to have kids just fine and now I hit 35 and I can't seem to conceive for nothing!! It took me 1 month to get pg at 32/33 and just a couple years later has made a huge difference. Plus health risks for you and baby are less the younger you are. I could argue and argue this point. Lol. Good luck!!

Yuck! I don't want to see snow till next winter!! It's warming up then will cool off and warm up again here. It's like a big tease!! April should be nice though. My kids are getting ready to start ball which will keep us very busy!!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:57 am

:hi:

Happy Easter to you and your family!

I had an insanely busy week with a different Doctor's appointment 4 out of 5 days. The cottage is almost done. And just over two weeks til we head to Atlanta. Cottage listing goes live this coming Friday so things are finally coming to a halt there.

I am exhausted.

The last time I saw my OB was last fall when I had my normal PAP and had only just begun TTC.

Ack!! Gotta run!
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby IslandMom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:42 am

Houston, we have spotting!

:fingersx:
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:20 am

Shoot I'm sorry :( so frustrating. Your o looked so good this time too. I know with each passing month your expectations seem to get lower and lower. Well atleast mine did. I'm very proactive when it comes to my health and I'd be dying to get testing done and all. Glad you have gotten your cottage ready to rent. I'm sure that's a big weight off your shoulders.

Not much going on here. I thought I'd be going nuts with not tracking and all but I'm really chill and don't even mind. I haven't even looked at the tp after I wipe. Lol bel has been such a handful lately we look at each other and say do we really want another?? Haha she's like having four kids in one!!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:45 am

Hey! Good to hear from you! I just realized I added a happier looking emoticon than I was feeling yesterday when I announced spotting. :lol: I'm not too bent out of shape over AF arriving, but she is days early so I keep wondering if maybe it's a chemical. I never tested so I won't ever know. Maybe it's better that way. We're leaving for ATL in two weeks now and I'm already having major anxiety about being away from the kids again, but know it will give me time to focus on some major projects.

Here's the cottage listing! We'll add outside pics when the new roof is on and things have bloomed better. The roof is going on while we're out of town so we won't even be bothered by the noise. :)

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11697859

Glad you're not obsessing over not obsessing! That must be a relief! I'm still deciding about this upcoming cycle. I *should* O just before we travel, but I don't think I am going to get OPKs this cycle around. Maybe I will temp up until we leave in hopes to catch O, but I just don't really know. I hate travel cycle temping and such. It's just a headache. I think this month we will NTNP... :dunno:

Maybe we should start a new thread? Or since it's only us maybe we can just PM or email? Just an idea!
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:01 pm

I'm fine with pm or email too. Maybe email since I always miss private messages on here. My email is cthomoson580@yahoo.com. I check it everyday or every other day.

Your rental cottage is adorable. I hope reservations fill up quickly for you guys!

I'm sure it's hard taking your kids back to their dads. It seems like you just got them back. Time has been disappearing like crazy lately!! Isaacs bday is sat and Abby's is the 11th. I swear they just had last years bday!! They will be 9 and 11.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend