Hello!

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Hello!

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:20 am

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019K ... UTF8&psc=1

I like the thermometer. My only complaint is it's bigger and feels big in my mouth but the light makes it worth it for me. I'll check out that article. However I know Dh wouldn't be able to accomplish bd twice in an hour. Lol

Yay for peak already!! I'm jealous lol. Dh called earlier and told me not to go anywhere. He said our road is drifted shut and my car would never make it through it. Hope you guys stay warm and snuggled in today. Enjoy the blizzard. We live on a big hill and my kids sledded all day yesterday.
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:27 am

Nice! I ordered one. :) I temp vaginally - when I temp orally my temps are all over the place.

I am very curious how DH will do twice in an hour. We ended up abstaining last night and I'm glad sine we got the peak reading so fast. Now the real question is, should I wait until late tonight to try the twice in one hour approach or wait until tomorrow? We should at least dtd once today I feel...

I also live on a big hill! I moved one of the cars down to our rental cottage so it's closer to the road to make it easier to get out if we need to. Brought the sleds up from the garage... the snow has finally started!

I just hope we don't lose power.

What does your DH do for work?
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
DD- Indie(5) & DS- Dillinger(3)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:29 am

Great I hope you like it. With temping vaginally I'm sure it being bigger won't be an issue. My Dh already thinks I'm nutso for taking my temp every morning. I can imagine what he'd say if I started sticking the thermometer in my vag every morning. Haha

Oh I hope you don't lose power either. My kids think they can't live when the power goes out!

I'd bd today just to be on the safe side and try to do the twice in one hour tomorrow. I hope you have success with that!

Dh works in the oilfield. He pumps oil wells. In our area oil is a big business. Actually he hates his job but around here it's the best paying job. It's a messy rough job most of the time. My fil did the same thing and got hurt a couple years ago. The oil wells produce a lot of pressure from gas build up and the cap blew off and hit him in the shoulder. It tore his nerves and muscles and he's been through two surgeries to no avail. He does t have any movement in his shoulder. Luke(Dh) is very careful and is super smart so I know he takes extra precaution when he's working. He's considered going back to school to get some kind of degree but that's hard to do when you have to work full time. I do hair and nails from home as well. I also homeschool all of my kids. I should have a doctorate degree by the time they graduate! Lol it's not for everyone but it works well for us and my kids like it. It took a couple of years to get the hang of it but it's getting easier. Teaching them to read I think is the hardest part.

I'm having some weird cramping going on and lower back pain. Not sure what's up with that. I did an opk just to make sure. Barely a line so who knows. Maybe my body will magically o early this time. Atleast we have some time to have real fun in the bd department. Baby making sessions become a chore during o. We are never in the mood at "that" time.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:01 am

Well we certainly got the snow we were expecting yesterday! Ended up losing power, but not terribly long. I guess there are 200 residents down island that are still without though.

So DH and I attempted twice in an hour yesterday with no luck... lol... he would likely be horrified if he knew I was sharing, BUT we managed a second go only four hours later and look at my beautiful dip this AM! I think I ovulated in the night as I had super strong pains in my left ovary mid-sleep. Will likely follow up with a bd somewhat early today if DH can manage.

I think it's awesome you do hair and nails! I went to beauty school in Atlanta in my early 20s. It was fun, but I got pregnant with #1 when I was there and quit only like two months from finishing - I looked at beauty school as my hobby to tide me over since it was taking so long to get pregnant. I really only cared about doing my own hair though... lol.

Luke's job sounds very demanding. I know that line of work is insanely dangerous!

Like you guys, BDing is quite the chore. Spontaneous sex is the best! Of course, not always doable when you already have kids sometimes though. lol!

My kids are also currently homeschooled. Granted one is Pre-k... they were enrolled in Montessori School up until December. Ex DH and I are likely going to be going to court this spring to start trying to figure out how to deal with Indie starting Kindergarten ... he wants her to stay in ATL and go to his GF's sons Charter School... I, of course, do not. We figured out so many long distance parenting things on our own, but this is a fight neither of us are willing to back down from... it's very frustrating.

Alas, here are some pics from my yard yesterday!

My deck last night. Look at the table... lol!
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:58 pm

Oh that pic of your yard is beautiful! My kids would love that much snow! I finally had to get out to get groceries today. We were down to nothing. Lol they grated our roads yesterday evening so I was able to get out.

Well yes that's a beautiful o dip. Sorry the twice in one hour didn't work out but atleast you got twice in yesterday. Did you manage another today?

That's cool you went to hair school too! I like doing hair and nails but I want to do it on my time. Lol I like painting nails and doing shellac but I hate doing artificial nails.

I hope you and your ex get all of that figured out. I'm sure that's a big headache. How often do your kids go see their dad?

We lock the kids out and the older ones watch my little one when its bd time unless they are in bed already. Haha there's usually someone banging on the door a few minutes into it.

I'm glad you weren't without power for too long. Our internet has been horrible today. They are suppose to come work on it tomorrow! Hope to see a nice temp rise for you in the morning :)
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:50 am

Hope all is well at your house :) welcome to the tww again :)

I had terrible sleep lastnight so I know this mornings temp is a fluke. I woke up to some brown colored cm today. I've been off my period for several days now. Not sure what that's about.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma-of4 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:46 pm

What the heck more spotting and now the low back cramping just like what happens before Af gets fully going. Am I having another period so soon? I am on cd 11. I have tested with my opks since I got Af over just to make sure and nothing. Barely a line so I know it's not o. It sucks getting old!!
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Ack! So sorry been MIA! Things are still very snowy and wet and gross here. LOL!

Spotting?! Do you ever have mid-cycle spotting? I haven't even had a chance to check your chart yet. Maybe it's the start of AF.. maybe implantation?

OMG this is seriously my first time sitting down all day I think. I've been super busy! To answer your question from days ago(sorry!) - My ex and I currently have a joint parenting arrangement. Of course when we first separated and for some time after the divorce I still lived in ATL so we split all of our time 50/50 with the kids and that was what we agreed to in court... so when I moved out of state visitation obviously wasn't as cut and dry and he and I agreed still 50/50 and for the past 18 months have been 3 months on, 3 months off. This has been working very well for all of us until now- Indie starting Kindergarten. My wish is to home school 100% of the time. Ex Husband's new live-in GF wants her to attend her two son's Charter school. Which would obviously give him primary custody, even if it was still joint - so it's extremely stressful to say the least. We've been so good up until now and I think we both very well are ready to finally have it out. My kids are currently in Atlanta. We traded off on Indie's bday. They will be home with me again the week after Valentine's day. <3

On a happier note! I'm feeling very positive about this cycle for some reason! I mean it's obviously too early to tell anything much, but I just have a good feeling. Remember how super light my period was? Usually it's extremely heavy and I have a lot of clotting. I was thinking that given it was so light I still have all the lining I usually lose in clots, so maybe it's nice and thick and perfect for implantation?

Other than that my cat mysteriously started sleeping on my side of the bed and he's never even slept in the bed before. He's also never favored me over DH.

I'm a little OCD so I'm always in cleaning mode... but do you know how you get during nesting? Like insanely OCD with cleaning? It happened to me. I removed all of my dresser knobs and boiled them and cleaned them with a tooth brush this morning. I'm eagerly waiting going to the hardware store tomorrow so I can get some Brasso! LOL! I also polished all of my silver in my china cabinet.
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby IslandMom » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:49 am

Okay so I can't see avatars or signatures at all. Did't appear to be anything in the settings... :dunno:
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:39 am

Oh wow! 3 months without your kids at a time would be rough I think. I'm sure it worked well before school but that would be tough when school starts. Homeschool would be ideal if you still wanted to continue every 3 months. They could take school with them and it wouldn't be a problem. that is tough! I really hope you guys can come to agreement outside of court. Although the court might rule in your favor so their time can still be split equally.

Oh wow, yes, you are doing deeeep cleaning!! Lol I clean a handle if it falls off before I put it back on. Haha I did steam clean my cabinets the other day. I am very ocd about my floors. I vacuum constantly. My kids are like chill out put the v up!!. We have two dogs and two cats and I hate the hair!! We have all hard floors and I can't stand stuff on my feet so I spend a lot of time vacuuming. I do find it therapeutic though. Lol

Glad you feel good for this cycle :) you have reason too! I've heard pets can sense things like pregnancy. I was about 9 months pg with my first and I woke up one morning to my cat peeing on my belly!! Omg!! I about died!!! He never peed anywhere but the litter. I'm not sure why he did that. He never did it again!! There's nothing worse than the smell of cat pee and especially running down your belly into your bed!! he's lucky I didn't kick him out of the house that day!!

Out snow has melted and it's suppose to be 50 today. It's all soggy and muddy now though. I think it's suppose to be in the 60s by the weekend!! We have to use heat and air sometimes in the same day here. Lol

I'm cd 12 and still a little light spotting. It's brown today just notice it if I check my cm. no cramps today but my back hurt very bad lastnight. So bad I had to take a pain pill. My temps have been up and down. Nothing that would suggest early o or another Af.

Fxd for you this month!! Do you normally have any early pg symptoms when you were pg wi your babies?
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:36 pm

Yes three months are tough. The first time was the worst though and I look at it as a good time to bond with DH alone and also travel more where it would be too expensive. We video chat daily though and dh's new gf and I are pretty much bff's as we constantly chat via text. In a way it doesn't feel like they're all too far. Up until this drop off I have visited there once over the 3 month time they are with their dad...I actually contacted a lawyer today. His retainer fee alone is $5k then $400 an hour ... it's going to be brutal. I did not want it to come down to this.

Dammit. I need two windows or something. I can't remember anything! Ugh. Sorry, long day.
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:23 pm

No problem. I know what you mean :) that's good his gf and you are friends. I'm sure that makes things easier. Wow those lawyer fees are rough!! It is good that you and Dh can get some alone time too.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:03 pm

Hey! How's your spotting today? Have you taken any kind of test since you've been experiencing it? Both HPT and OPK? So odd! Maybe it's a super fertile sign... I must have accidentally changed something in my settings because I can't see signatures now i.e. haven't been able to look at your chart. :lol: guess that's one sign of aging, not know how to use computers or other electronics anymore. Hehe!

I don't have too much to report I guess. I'm super on edge, but can't tell if it's just regular PMS rage or moodiness from stress. Not feeling as positive as a few days ago, but it's obviously super early. So far I've had my normal fallback rise. Hope my temps go up a bit... the seem a little lowish. :dunno:

Oh! Had my physical today. I feel it went well! This was only my second trip to this GP, but I really like her so far! She referred me to a dermatologist to have some spots checked out... I'm extremely white.. like a sheet of paper haha. And she said we all need more vitamin d. 2,000 to 4,000 units a day. Ordered it. I'm pumped! Also my thermometer arrived!! I'm going to wait til next cycle to use it. Maybe I won't get a chance to. ;)
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Momma-of4 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi there :) no more spotting. I have been taking opks and I did an hpt to just make sure. Bfn of course.

Sorry you've been on edge. I completely understand that feeling! Your temps are quite normal at this stage I think. I'm not an expert or anything though. Lol

Yay for thermometer. Mine seems a bit higher than my other one. So far so good though. Smart idea to not use it till next cycle though. Hoping you don't need it though. Yay for a clean bill of health. I have a spot on my face I developed when pregnant with my third. My dr sent me to have it checked out as well. They said it was fine though. I take vit d as well. 2000 units a day. I've always had low vit d though.
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby IslandMom » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:04 am

Today's news: woke up at 3:30 and been up since then so unsure if today's temp is right... I still would rather have something there even if I end up discarding so I just put my waking temp from 3:30.. serious cramping today. Very serious. Feels like AF cramps, which is super promising, but not putting too much stock into that alone. I have had a few loose, but not quite diarrhea BMs today. Unsure if the cramping could be related to that... ?
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 30s