Ovulation Spotting or New BFP Symptom??

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ovulation Spotting or New BFP Symptom??

Postby babydust4me » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:27 pm

I had a chemical pregnancy a few cycles ago. During ovulation of that cycle I spotted a few drops and cramped slightly on the three following days. Nothing heavy and not even a liner needed. At 9dpo I got two positives. Another at 10 dpo. Sadly it didn't stick but I had hope that I CAN get pregnant. No other spotting incidents at ovulation time before or since and also no more bfps.

Fast forward to this past Sun night/Mon morning around midnight. I was due to ovulate Sun/Mon. I notice pink on the tp. A little excited because I know what that means. Then a couple hours later I had a gush of watery discharge mixed with pink and mild af type cramping in lower ab. I hesitate to say cm because this was nothing like cm. It was like a mini water break. Enough to have to clean up and change undies. Over the next hour I spotted pink and light red then it went away as fast as it appeared.

I tried my best to NOT symptom spot this cycle but that one was hard to ignore.

I googled it (ofcourse). Most (not all) stories I read the ladies went on to get a bfp. Some say their's was an ovarian cyst. From what I've heard about those I don't think that's what it was. I hear the pain and discharge from those warrant a trip to the er. My pain was only mild af style cramping. Nothing serious.

Has anyone had a bout of ovulation spotting and went on to get a bfp that same cycle? Or had it and didn't get a bfp. I'm open to all stories. Please share...

Currently 2dpo...
Last edited by babydust4me on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
babydust4me

Re: Ovulation Spotting or New BFP Symptom??

Postby babydust4me » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:31 pm

I'm starting to think ovulation spotting could very well be a sign of conception.

FX for everybody!!!
babydust4me

Postby Momma-of4 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:12 am

I had ovulation spotting one time. It didn't lead to a bfp. Fxd for you!!
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust4me » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:58 pm

I promised myself I would not symptom spot but I couldn't help but spot this particular symptom. I have only had it happen twice (I'm 39) and both times I got bfps. They didn't last long though :( We'll see what happens this time. I'll update next weekend...or sooner if I can't wait to that long :)

Fingers crossed for us all
babydust4me

Postby IslandMom » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:48 am

Good luck! Ovulation spotting is an especially good and fertile sign! I've only had it once in my early 20s and never again. It didn't lead to my BFP, but is supposed to be a sign of excellent fertility. I'm sorry about your m/c's. Maybe your problem isn't so much with the fertilization as with implantation? Is your LP short or anything?
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
DD- Indie(5) & DS- Dillinger(3)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby babydust4me » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:17 pm

islandmom...It could be an implantation or progesterone problem. My cycle is pretty regular at 28 days. Sometimes 27 if I choose to count spotting the day before depending on how much it is. Other than that I believe it's 13-14 days. For a while I think our timing was off by a day or two almost every cycle. Instead ov in 12-36 hours from a +opk. I believe I ov on the very day I get a +. I have a few more days to go before I test. I'm tired of being gutted by constant bfns and disappearing bfps. I'm trying my best to wait it out until atleast the day af is due.

FX
babydust4me

Postby babydust4me » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Aunt Flo wins again :(
babydust4me

Postby IslandMom » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:48 am

I'm sorry AF found you. :hugs:
Seventh Cycle TTC #3

Jillian(31) & Alex (31)
DD- Indie(5) & DS- Dillinger(3)
IslandMom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby babydust4me » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Thank islandmom.

I was more confident this cycle than any other. I had just about every pg 'symptom' you can imagine even nipple discharge and she still got me. I knew now the only sure fire symptom is missing your period. If you're not late yet you may not be out but you sure as heck are not in. I know it's going to happen I just wish it would hurry.

Babydust
babydust4me

Return to TTC in our 30s