Hi, I'm new

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hi, I'm new

Postby BuffaloMaple » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi, I'm new here and just looking to vent and gain/give support. I'm 34 years old, DH is 32. We've been TTC our first baby for 7 months. I've never been on birth control (always used condoms) and my cycles are always 28-31 days. I've been using OPKs since month 2 and determined O happens about cycle day 12-14. Although I don't exercise regularly, I eat healthy and am normal weight. I cut my coffee to 1-2 cups per week and never drink alcohol. DH and I are both starting to get pretty frustrated and disappointed. I'm currently dpo 11 and got a bfn this morning. No symptoms and just really sad today. I really wanted a Thanksgiving baby. :(
Me 36, DH 34
TTC #1 since Sept 2015
Me - bloodwork good, tubes clear, small uterine polyp
DH - low count < 10mil
11/2016 IUI #1 unmedicated, BFN
12/2016 IUI #2 unmedicated, BFN
01/2017 IUI #3 medicated (Letrozole), 3 follicles, BFN
03/2017 Polypectomy, RE advises to restart IUI count
05/2017 IUI #4 medicated (Letrozole), 3 follicles, BFN
06/2017 IUI #5 medicated (Letrozole), 1 follicle, BFN
07/2017 IUI #6 medicated (Letrozole), 2 follicles, Cancelled
09-10/2017 IVF #1 with ICSI/PGS, begin stims 9/24
300 Gonal F, 75 Menopur, .25 Cetrotide, Lupron trigger
10/6 ER: 15 eggs, 11 of those mature
10/7 Fertilization Report: 10 fertilized via ICSI
10/12 Day 6 Report: All 10 survived/biopsied/frozen!!
10/16 PGS Results: 7 PGS normals!! 6 girls, 1 boy
~Planning FET Nov 2017~
BuffaloMaple

Re: Hi, I'm new

Postby MomInNV » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:16 pm

That's so frustrating, I understand your situation. I'm 33 and ttc. It sucks to always see that BFN but try and stay positive. Your BFP is waiting to make its appearance. Fingers crossed and baby dust to you.
MomInNV
Friend

Postby Praying4#3 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:13 pm

So right there with you. Husband and I have done everything we can think of to get our bodies in good health to conceive. After 31 cycles still nothing. We are definitely here to support one another. Keep going!
Praying4#3
Friend

Postby Trumom16 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:54 am

Hello,
My name is Tru, I'm 30 yrs old, have been trying since more than 2 yrs now. Had 2 miscarriages 2 yrs back, don like to discuss much about that. Although after a long long wait of 2 yrs, my fertility expert just found out that I have endometriosis with atypia, which is basically my uterus walls are filled with much much more estrogen n very less progesterone which was making it hard for the eggs to get implanted. I have been prescribed a very minimum period of 3 months to take progesterone harmone tablets, after which I'll be having a dnc and after that we are free to try agsin. I jus hope the dnc autopsy report says my prob is solved. Finally we got to know whats wrong so that we could use some solution. Seriously for 2 yrs I was so fed up of getting the answer that everything is fine, don worry.
So that's my story. I'm here looking for ttc buddies, I literally have no friends with whom I can discuss or talk about all this. Everyone thinks I over think about this topic.
Any one out there who want to be my buddy.......
Trumom16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tilly39 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:43 am

I can relate to this and is nice to hear that others are experiencing the same. I am really interested to know how people tay positive, I'm seven months in and each month i am pretty devastated. maybe signing up to this is they way forward?
tilly39

Postby Trumom16 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:07 pm

Hello tilly,
I knw, it seems good wen others story relate to us, we feel like we are not alone.
I'm here to make friends, coz u sure people will understand wat I'm saying n wat I'm going thru.
Trumom16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby preya » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:16 am

Hi ladies I can really relate, I have been trying for way over 2 years, it was jus one issue to another, first 2 failed clomid attempts, then I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, went for a hysteroscopy aswell, now my uterine lining is thin and to top that off I get my periods twice a year.... I'm 35 years old.... Bt I dont wish to give up hope....
preya

Postby Momma-of4 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:04 am

I'm 36 dealing with secondary infertility. We've been ttc for 16 months and not a hint of a bfp. I'm on my first round of clomid. I didn't o till cd 25/26 so I don't think I responded well to the meds. Dr is upping my dosage next month and for one more cycle after that then switching me to femara. Ttc and infertility is a long hard journey. It took me 4 years to conceive my first. I do have 4 kids now and we are trying for our last. I'm beginning to think it's not going to happen. Keep hoping and don't give up. That's what I did the 4 years prior to conceiving my first!!
(Me) Courtney 36 (Dh) Luke 36
Ttc #5
DS 13
DD 11
DS 9
DD 2
Ttc since September 2015

My Ovulation Chart

Dec 2016 first round of clomid 50mg - bfn
Jan 2016 2nd round clomid 100mg bfp

Momma-of4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EliRivers » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi Buffalo Maple, my partner and I are in a similar situation. It's really REALLY frustrating when you're doing every. damn. thing. right, and still nada. Not to be alarmist, but it might be worth getting some bloodwork done and a semen analysis for your partner. I know, I know, it's still early days, but it turns out that my ovarian reserve was closer to that of a 42 yo (I was 31 when I had the test), and my partners count was low, with shitty morphology and shitty motility. Had we waited a full year to get the testing done, my eggs might have been totally kaput. And it turned out that after 3 months of Menevit (fertility vitamins for dudes here in New Zealand), partners counts were back up into low but normal ranges across the board! So it was really worth it to do the testing for us, and just have the peace of mind "I've done everything I can possibly be doing, even though the tests showed nothing wrong" might be worth it for you?
EliRivers
Friend

Postby Trumom16 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:56 pm

Hello,
@elirivers, u r right, getting blood work done is very important. Some extra tests that u think u wanna get done should be asked for, sometimes our intuitions are right about these. I think when we r doing everything we can n still no success then we should expand our scope n look at different things too. Coz there nothing that has no answers, something somewhere will b missing.
Trumom16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 30s