TTC & TWW 3rd Cycle 5DPO

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC & TWW 3rd Cycle 5DPO

Postby Ready@31 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Hi
I am a newbie & have been googling all sorts of pregnancy related things lately, & now I find myself here.
I am 31 & I have been on the pill since I was 16 with a couple of short term breaks. Accidently fell pregnant at 26 and after lots of counselling I decided to abort (I was 80-20%) as I was in an unstable relationship, out of work, & still in recovery from a breakdown 1.5 years prior.
Anyway, I am now happily married & TTC, came off the pill (finished the pack) mid January and had a withdrawal bleed 3 days after. Since then, I have had two 'natural' periods but they were both extremely light, only lasting 2-3 days and nothing like how I remember them before going on the pill. Heard this is normal & happens to lots of women & I know I am in the early stages of my body trying to sort it's self out. Before my first natural period arrived (in Feb) I had all the PMS symptoms - bloating, very sore boobs etc, and the same again for my last natural period. I am now on the TWW for my 3rd natural cycle, and since 3DO I have been starving - constantly eating. Probably just my mind jumping to conclusions! This TWW really gets to me! I end up having to do a test just before I am due on because I can't handle the 'not knowing'. I really didn't think I'd be like this?!
If nothing else, I am hoping for a longer, heavy period this month....fingers crossed xxx
Ready@31
Friend

Re: TTC & TWW 3rd Cycle 5DPO

Postby AdventureGirl » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:52 am

Hi,

I'm 35 and ttc #3. This is our second attempt at #3,I had a d&c at 10wk 7 months ago. I am 5dpo today and tested this morning because I couldn't help myself. Ha! Of course it was BFN. Just thought I'd join you on the wait. I'm trying hard to really not symptom spot this time. For real. lol
AdventureGirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ready@31 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:15 am

Hi Adventure Girl
Sorry to hear about your d&c. That's good that you have started TTC again. My hungers died down now, & I haven't got sore boobs so I defo think AF will come next week for me. If it does I am going to have a go at the temperature charting, just ordered a basal thermometer.
Thanks for joining me on the TTW - it's nice to go through it with someone :) xxx
Ready@31
Friend

Postby AdventureGirl » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:54 am

Yeah the d&c was really no big deal. The fetus was not viable.

But I'm excited OH said yes this month finally!! I've been bugging him since January.

I've been charting since I was 28 and love it! My mother bought the book TCOYF for me that year and I've probably read it a dozen times.

My charts since the d&c have been fairly consistent with temps except for one cycle. So far my temps have gone up twice since I O'd. At CD3 temp went from 97.60 to 97.90 I'm hoping for a third jump tomorrow or the next day.... at least that's what happened with last PG.

The only symptom I've noticed that seems out of the ordinary for my cycle is these sharp pains around where my uterus sits... like between my inner hip and uterus, whenever I cough. That started yesterday and is a bit queer for me. I did start swimming again and moderate exercising two days ago... so perhaps that's it. idk.

I'm going to town to buy a two PG tests tomorrow .. if I can find them cheap. I have to be strong and wait till 10 dpo to test. My luteal phase is usually 11 days.

This wait kills me!! Fx for BFP for both of us!
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-04-07-08-49-38.png
(150.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Me: 35
DH: 40
DD A : 12 /Oct /10
DD B : 19 /Jul /12
Angel Baby 1 @ 10wks September 2015
TTC #3 again... since March 2016
My Ovulation Chart
AdventureGirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kelso0209 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:30 am

Hey! Thought I'd join you for the tww as well :)

I'm 28, Hubby 33, TTC #1 since January, currently on 2DPO! Trying hard not to symptom spot and avoid testing early, but I usually cave around 9DPO lol! No symptoms for me, just sore bb's which I always get right after ovulation.

I have been on the pill since I was 15-16 (came off in December), and have had light periods too since coming off but have read up on it a lot and it shouldn't affect fertility! My cycles are a little long, 40ish days but hoping they start to regulate (or I just get my BFP this month ;) )

Hoping we all get a BFP soon!!
kelso0209

Postby AdventureGirl » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:50 am

Hey Kels! Welcome. I'm also chatty with an active and pretty large group called dreaming of a pink xmass. But I'm happy to hang here too.

I don't know much about bc. But hopefully you'll get BFP! I've been charting since about your age Kels and found it really helpful in achieving all 3 of my pgs. I would recommend learning about it and trying it out if bfp doesn't happen this month. It really helps rule a lot of issues out or confirms them so you can get help faster!

AFM, 7dpo,BFN yesterday, day before and today... yeah I have zero self control lol. But I'm definitely not expecting anything positive for at least 4 days. hee hee.

Good luck as well to you ladies.
My Ovulation Chart
AdventureGirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ready@31 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:41 am

Hi...
Omg I can't believe you've tested a few times already! I thought I was bad..!
I think I'm at 10DPO now and AF due on Friday. Not been thinking about it as much this time, & I've decided to start charting on the day I come on so I'm looking forward to doing that. My previous attempts could be way off the mark as I'm not sure when I'm ovulating at all.
Been told to lay off the raspberry leaf tea today too as it could be more harmful than good, any of you ladies heard about this?
Good luck to all xxx
Ready@31
Friend

Postby AdventureGirl » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:22 pm

I did hear that RL tea is good for bringing on menses and labor...and for lining the uterus I think. I guess I'll have to do some research about it now.. hee hee.

Afm... 9dpo..still bfn... yes I cannot help myself.. which is why I usually don't keep tests in the house... only two left so I am definitely not doing anything until Thursday...was really cramping this morning, would feel liquid and run to the bathroom.. just to wipe nothing but a little milky coloured mucus... idk... Gosh could 12dpo get here already!! Because that is when AF would show up absolute latest day for me.

fx for some bfps!!
My Ovulation Chart
AdventureGirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ready@31 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:53 pm

How are we all doing girls?! Xxx
Ready@31
Friend

Postby AdventureGirl » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:54 am

I'm out... AF showed up yesterday right on schedule. fx for you girls!
My Ovulation Chart
AdventureGirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ready@31 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:13 am

At least you know your regular Adventure Girl :) & you can try again in a couple of weeks. I started my charting today, I'm hooked.
Currently waiting for AF... Xxx
Ready@31
Friend

Postby AdventureGirl » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:42 am

Yeah she gets me like clockwork every 12 dpo sometime in the evening.... except last month... oddly enough 10dpo evening she struck me down! We weren't ttc then though... so it was ok. Are you using an app for charting I use two... one for the community share which is really neat in app and on the web Kindara... the other has way more ability for charting stuff. OvuView on Android. I really recommend this one the most because it learns your cycle and can help you understand yourself as an individual.. not based on statistics of someone else. Let me know if you want help finding it.
My Ovulation Chart
AdventureGirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ready@31 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:09 am

Ooohh yes please Hun, I've just written my temp down! Not on a proper app or anything. I have an iphone so what do you think the best app would be?
I'm gonna have to do a test in the morning as I'm not even getting cramps yet. But my periods have got lighter & lighter so this one could just be non-existent :( xxx
Ready@31
Friend

Postby AdventureGirl » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:35 am

Unfortunately they don't make OvuView for iPhone... sad for you. But the three that I would recommend trying would be

Lily Pro http://whimsicallily.com/

Fertility Friend
http://www.fertilityfriend.com

Kindara
https://www.kindara.com/home

I would recommend using two of them together... probably either lily or FF AND kindara. Lily costs money other two dont... so maybe start with the second two. Lily has good reviews but I've never tried it as I don't have an iPhone.

I also always recommend this course when learning to chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/courses/past.php
and get nothing out of suggesying it to people other than knowing it will help show you the way easily and clearly and in steps that are manageable and less overwhelming than searching through the Internet sea of knowledge.
My Ovulation Chart
AdventureGirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ready@31 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:33 pm

Thanks for all the info Adventure Girl. I done a test this morning as I'm a day late for AF and got a BFP. I'm in total shock.
I haven't had any symptoms apart from the insane hunger 4/5/6DPO. Gonna do another test later today & another one tomorrow xxx
Ready@31
Friend

Next

Return to TTC in our 30s