Newbie TTC #1

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Newbie TTC #1

Postby Krissaten » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:38 pm

Hello :) I just joined, I've heard great things about this site/forums, and I'm in a place where I could really use a place like this for advice and support. I'm 31, married for 3 years to a man I've been with for 10, and I've been TTC #1 for almost two years now, albeit on and off at times. I am about 80% done being diagnosed with PCOS. And by that I mean my dr is sure that I have it, and I was sent for blood tests which confirmed insulin resistance and very, very low progesterone. I have not completed my diagnostic homework yet - semen analysis for hubby and a HSG for me - because 1. My insurance is not great and 2. If I can work on my diet and nutrition to try to control the insulin resistance on my own, at least I can say I did everything in my own power before I go paying my high out of pocket costs to get the rest of the tests done. I'm 44 lbs down now and after several months of tracking and reducing my refined carb and sugar intake my cycles are both shorter and more regular. I've decided that if I don't get my BFP in the next month or two, I'll go forward with my HSG and going back to my dr who will likely put me on clomid. I am very, very much hoping to do this naturally though. Oofa, I am wordy! Sorry about that! Hoping to meet new people on the same journey and offer support as well!
Krissaten

Re: Newbie TTC #1

Postby Joshkenajas » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:13 am

Hello!! Welcome to TWW!! Congratulations on losing weight-that is a great accomplishment!! I will pray for you on this journey-it can be very difficult and emotional! I am going to be 31 next month and my husband and I have been trying for 13 months! I know to most people that doesn't seem like a long time but for us who are on the journey it can be devastating to see AF appear every month!!! Hopefully you and I can continue talking through all of this and try to keep each other encouraged!
Joshkenajas
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Krissaten » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:53 am

Thank you!! I'll be sending you lots of positive vibes and good luck hopes as well! It's definitely a long and emotional journey to be on, 13 months is a long time when you want something this badly. I totally understand. Hopefully we both get our BFP's soon :) I am not naturally a super optimistic person but I have a good feeling lately! Crossing fingers and toes! Thanks so much for welcoming me :)
Krissaten

Postby Joshkenajas » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:43 pm

You're welcome! It's so good to have others to talk to who are going through the same things! God has given me so much confirmation that He is going to give us a baby but I have to be patient and that is the hardest part of all because I have no control over the situation!!! When I had my daughter, who is now 13, from a previous relationship, I wasn't TTC so it just happened! I wish it was that easy now! But God is always faithful!!
Joshkenajas
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Krissaten » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Patience is my biggest problem too lol Every month I go into the TWW I'm the most annoying person ever to be around until I know for sure I'm out. Hopefully having some communication with people on here who are going through the same thing will help me chill out a little lol!
Krissaten

Postby Joshkenajas » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:40 am

Yes maybe! Lol I know the feeling though and it can be so stressful! Have you gone to any Dr's? You said y'all have been trying for 2 years right?
Joshkenajas
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Krissaten » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:31 am

I've just been to my regular OB who started getting my work up this past spring to diagnose pcos. She says she feels certain I have it but of course we need the testing done to make it official. I have all the symptoms and have for years. The blood test I got in the spring finally showed the insulin resistance aspect though, and the very low progesterone. I need a HSG next, but I decided to try to work on my nutrition harder and lose more weight to see if I can get my BFP naturally. My insurance isn't great and I have a high deductible, I couldn't justify paying so much out of pocket before I did everything in my power to try to make this happen naturally, and in being honest with myself I knew I could do a better job of eating better etc. And those efforts have totally paid off so far! My cycles are shorter and more regular. My face cleared up. I never had PMS before but I do now, which is tied to progesterone, so obviously my lifestyle changes have helped increase that hormone. So I am very hopeful. If I still don't have my BFP by this fall though, I'll go forward with the HSG and let my doctor finish diagnosing me so we can move fwd with treatment. She mentioned clomid initially. So we will see, if it gets that far.
Krissaten

Postby Joshkenajas » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:56 am

Awesome job-so proud of you!! I understand wanting to get a BFP naturally-I am also determined to let God have complete control and give us a baby in His time!! I will be praying for you and your BFP soon!!!
Joshkenajas
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Krissaten » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:22 am

Thank you so much!! I'm doing the same for you :) Is your teenager excited about the prospect of having a younger sibling? I grew up an only child and I know I always wanted one!
Krissaten

Postby Joshkenajas » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:13 pm

Yes she wants us to have a baby very badly and I know she would be a huge help!!
Joshkenajas
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 30s