30 years old TTC #2! BD everyday or other day?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

30 years old TTC #2! BD everyday or other day?

Postby FaithsMama79 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be able to say my partner and I are officially TTC! I have a 6 year old from a previous relationship and he has a 12 year old from a previous relationship. It took me a while to get my fiancé on board mostly due to he worrying of cost of another child..but a lot has changed and I thought I may never be able to have the opportunity to TTC again, due to a medication I had to take for years for Epilepsy. I told my doctor I wanted to get off of the medicine and try a safer one because I knew I wanted to have another baby. Luckily it worked out and now I'm off of the drug that was keeping me from having a future TTC when the time was right. This is our first cycle. I'm only cycle day 7 today and I've always been very good with my tracking. With my last pregnancy I was high risk (due to my Epilepsy). I got pregnant right away and didn't have any complications. I was 24 then so even though I got pregnant right away then, I just turned 30 in April so I really don't know what to expect! My fiancé will be 36 at the end of October. I want to stay positive! I'm trying to decide right now if we should BD every day during my fertile window or every other day? Initially I'd say every day but I've read that men usually need a day in between to build up their sperm count? I'm pretty good identifying my fertile window and usually have a good amount of EWCM. I'm using OPKs, started today with the digital advanced Clearblue. I also did a dollar tree one this afternoon to confirm what the digital read-not fertile day yet. My CM looks kinda like a thicker egg white sorry TMI lol. I usually always have some CM going on down there so that's a good thing I suppose. Last cycle my EWCM started cycle day 9 so I'm predicting I should start getting it some time this weekend. I've been drinking more water (and I hate water) taking extra folic acid and prenatal pills for at least three months (in hopes my partner would want to start trying soon). Neither of us smoke or drink and we are at fairly healthy weights. My BMI is between 22-23 so that's good for my weight. I don't know what to expect but right now I'm still getting over the shock my fiancé said yes. Anyway if anyone has suggestions or tips it's much appreciated. Plan right now is continue to use OPKs to test, track my CM closely and BD every day or every other day during my fertile window!
FaithsMama79

Re: 30 years old TTC #2! BD everyday or other day?

Postby Danaa » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:03 am

Hello and welcome!!In what I read I think you are doing everything right and i don't know what else to suggest,I can only wish you good luck and Fx for a BFP.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 30s