how to stay sane when TTC?

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

how to stay sane when TTC?

Postby tilly39 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:54 am

Hi,

Myself and my husband have been trying for seven months and every month i find myself scouering forums in an attempt to match any twinge i have with someone who has achieved a BFP... each month i go through the same getting my hopes up and having a 24 hour window of upset and disappointment when AF comes to visit. I really wanted to post on this forum to seek advice on how to stay sane, how to distract myself from becoming obsessive?

Does anyone else get told that they are there own worst enemy because they are obsessing over it too much and it will happen when you relax? Feels like the same advice i received when trying to find a husband but my argument is you still have to actively try. So i suppose the question is how do you try without thinking about it?

My last 'gripe' is that trying has really messed up my regular cycle which just gives me more to obsess about!
tilly39

Re: how to stay sane when TTC?

Postby Jwifey2016 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:42 am

"How to stay sane when TTC"

... You don't. Hahahaha I mean, I don't know, maybe it's just me but TTC has taken my level of crazy sky high! I wish you the best, girl!
Jwifey2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: how to stay sane when TTC?

Postby MrsM2015 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:52 am

I 100% know what your going through and how you feel. Husband and I have been trying for 6 months, and every month AF comes. We're trying ovulation kits now, in hopes that will work. I'm on day 2 of the 12 day wait, no fun! It also doesn't make it any easier the fact that literally 10 people I know have announced their pregnant or have just found out, which makes it so much harder on my husband and I. Trying to stay calm and not stress but how is that even possible? I'm a control freak so something like this that I can't control doesn't make me any less stressed. I sit there every month and go online and look at these forums, think something is wrong with myself or my husband to give us a reason for not getting pregnant. It's just so frustrated and emotional. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who is feeling like this. Hopefully we all get the news we so desperately want soon!
MrsM2015

Return to TTC in our 30s