39, Married a year, never been pregnant

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

39, Married a year, never been pregnant

Postby tryingat39 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself since I've been lurking in these boards for quite a long time now..

I turned 39 in June. I don't know if I have any fertility issues. My period is regular, every 26-28 days and it lasts for about 5 to 7 days. I married to a wonderful 34 year old last November and while we haven't been consciously "trying" (we've been letting it happen)

I haven't been pregnant...I've never been pregnant, even though I feel like it could've happened.

Part of me is afraid that when we start really trying I will get really stressed out to the point that I wonder if it's even worth really trying, even though my heart says it is.

I read so many stories on here and I also have a couple of friends that have had problems..so I'm certainly not the only one, especially at my age. I guess I'm just scared of my life being overcome by ttc because I already know that it's bound to happen. I don't know if it's better to be pessimistic rather than optimistic and then getting my period every month.

Anyways, I went to the store with DH today. We got ubiquinol daily for us, I got a multivitamin, pre-seed, and ovulation predictor kit and a thermometer. The cashier was like "I have to do all this too...sad" :-/ We stopped smoking cannabis a week ago and we've added fertility foods and greens to our diet. Oh, and I also just cut down on coffee to one cup a day.

I'm in good health. I work out 5 times a week and I'm hopeful, even though I really wish it would've happened already. DH and I have already said that we will be ok if we don't have any children, more like we would have to accept it. We also decided that we won't go through in vitro or any other procedure other than naturally trying to conceive.

What are my chances..is this going to happen?
tryingat39
Friend

Re: 39, Married a year, never been pregnant

Postby Twacky » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:57 am

I haven't any answers for you, once upon a time I was "39, married 13 years, never been pregnant " now 46, divorced and about to remarry and still nothing but I want to say please hang in there and give it some time, I believe you have more time than you think. I also didn't feel that ARTs were for me and I have no regrets. I just want to wish you all the best, loads of : :babydustg: :babydustb: and :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: 39, Married a year, never been pregnant

Postby tryingat39 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:32 am

Twacky wrote:I haven't any answers for you, once upon a time I was "39, married 13 years, never been pregnant " now 46, divorced and about to remarry and still nothing but I want to say please hang in there and give it some time, I believe you have more time than you think. I also didn't feel that ARTs were for me and I have no regrets. I just want to wish you all the best, loads of : :babydustg: :babydustb: and :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Thank you Twacky..if I don't have one it will be ok, I will accept it. I wish you much happiness..
tryingat39
Friend

Return to TTC in our 30s