***ROLL CALL TTC in your 30s***

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: ***ROLL CALL TTC in your 30s***

Postby Vault101 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:35 am

Back from follicle scan. 2x 16mm on right side - pretty good for cd13 given I O late (cd20 last month). There again tomorrow for a second scan, hopefully will show some overnight growth - I believe 18mm and over is good to pop, and 2mm growth a day is usual, so we're bang on track for O over weekend or early next week.
Me 31, DH 32
TTC #1 - 4.5 years and counting, never been PG
2017 - learned I don't ovulate (big surprise as regular 27/28 day cycle always)
2018 - finally starting Clomid!! :o
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Dini » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Hey! Bebe, sounds like an excellent plan to start with the OPKs and the fertility check! Even if it's to give you peace of mind that everything is OK / or something needs to be done! I was really relieved when I had my checks - I almost wanted them to find something wrong so we could have something to fix.

Vault, good luck with your scan again tomorrow!! I hope those follies grow quickly :) Keep us updated on how it goes!

As for me, I'm on either 9 or 8 dpo. Not feeling anything to report - I usually have sore boobs by 6dpo before I get AF and I don't at the moment - it could be my CPs have knocked everything off. So no PMS symptoms and no pregnancy symptoms... Although I didn't get the sore boobs last 2 cycles when I got my BFPs. I'm not going to get my hopes up - I'll test on Sunday
TTC since October 2016

BFP - Jan 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Feb 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
BFP - Jul 2018 - Heartbeat seen at 7wks2ds.....
Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BebeCK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi Vault: I didn't know they can track your follicles for ovulation. That's really cool. Sounds promising. I hope you get a nice ovulation :) are you tracking BBT too?
Hi Dini: I'm rooting for your testing soon. Fingers crossed and keep us updated!
Thank you both for the encouragement for fertility check up :) I will let you know how it goes.
Are you both using opk?
This cycle we will try bd every other day. We tried every other day in first 4 cycles then went to every day for last two cycles but no benefit so we'll go back to every other day. I've read 4 different books on ttc and research is mixed in the best frequency. It sounds like it depends on sperm count and dh sperm count is high (he did his sa already) so not sure if it matters.
I wish there was a perfect formula. I'm an engineer so I just want to find the solution hehe
TTC since Oct 2017, no bfp
Sept 2018: Clomid + IUI #1
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Vault101 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:18 am

OPKs don't work for me. I get positives all over the place. I show a lot of signs of PCOS, like the OPK thing, but was told I defs don't have it after HSG and ultrasounds. One of those mysteries.
We're going to try temping next month but it might not work for us. We go to bed late and get up late due to OH's work. I fit my own schedule around his as I work for myself so it doesn't matter when I do my work!
I get the follicle tracking because of the clomid. In some people it can work too well, cause the follicles to go crazy, lead to cysts and serious pain, and even pop out too many eggs at O. So they scan you every other day near O time, and that makes sure everything's safe. I've had no issues so far, but I am on the lowest clomid dose so didn't expect any :)
We're going for every day with BD, give or take the odd one. We were going to have last night off, as we knew from the scan I wasn't going to O yet, but then we wanted to when we went to bed so I guess tonight is our night off instead haha. Unless of course the scan shows O coming..
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Vault101 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:20 am

Good luck for Sunday Dini!!

Hope this cycle goes well for you Bebe :)
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Dini » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi Vault & Bebe! I have been using OPKs, I realised mine peak in the evening so I test once I get home from work from about CD12. They're usually positive on CD14 and I O the next day! It was helpful this month when I O'd late.
Vault, did you check your follicles today?
Update from my side, I was impatient and I tested today with FMU using a frer... I got a BFN. I'm either 9 or 10 dpo so maybe too early, or just not my month. I'll try and wait until Sunday now!
TTC since October 2016

Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Vault101 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:44 pm

Aye, back from the scan, but not much to report - unsurprising given I had one yesterday. Lining thickening up, some follicle growth - back Monday when I'll get a better idea. They had a trainee doing it today - took more than half an hour, and the supervising nurse had to take over and do it properly at the end. They've booked me in for a cd22 scan as an extra, so I'll know for sure if I've O'd by next Saturday. Sorry about the BFN - but like you say, it is pretty early.
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Dini » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:02 am

Good luck for Monday! So the scan would be able to say if you've ovulated or not? And if not the one on Sat should confirm? Also half hour with trainee doesn't sound like much fun! Ouch!
Update from me: 11 or 12 dpo today - tested with fmu using a frer and it was a BFN :(
My temp dipped slightly as well which isn't a great sign.
Weird thing is, I don't have any PMS sysmpots which they would have been raging by now normally. I'm putting this down to the CPs messing with my hormones - which of course no PMS is a back handed bonus.
Also, not sure exact O day because I have two apps giving me two different dates, just a day apart so not too bad.
TTC since October 2016

Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BebeCK » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Dini sorry about the bfn. There's still hope until af but if not then next month. I hope you can stay positive.
Vault hoping for o for you.
Nothing to report on my side yet. I will try opk when I start seeing ewcm. Could be tomorrow.
Good week to everyone!
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Vault101 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:08 am

Soooooo scan wasn't that helpful - I know the follicles have grown but she didn't give me any measurements so I don't know the details. I do know that as of 4:15pm yesterday, I hadn't ovulated yet. So, on with the good bit of TTC for a while longer.
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BebeCK » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 am

Hi Vault. Growth is good! I like "the good bit of ttc" :) hang in there!
Dini, any update?
AFM I am in my fertile window cd12, but opk negative so far.
Actually the ttc bd has become a bit of a chore for me, i enjoyed it better last weekend when it was not for ttc. I know I have to keep a more positive attitude about this.
Also went to the doctor yesterday and had some blood drawn for hormones check. I will let you know when I have test results. If nothing abnormal then they will refer us to a fertility clinic to find out our options. Dh and I discussed and we think we might still try naturally for a few more months.
BebeCK
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Vault101 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:34 am

Scan today went well. Showed follicles have collapsed, which suggests ovulation happened sometime after the Monday (cd17) scan and today's (cd19). We didn't BD Mon but we did Sunday (cd16) and last night (cd18). Starting last night and into this morning, I've had some pain on my right side, so I'm guessing that was O pain. Oh, and we used Pressed, so FX that's the magic ingredient. Couldn't really have done anything more this cycle, so here's hoping. Now either 0dpo or 1dpo, here's to a fast TWW...!

Bebeck I know what you mean, we're always well up for a bit of fun but since we've been doing it on demand, it's lost some of its sparkle I guess. Still, if we're post-O we can enjoy a bit of when we want, how we want, so that should be fun :D GL for test results. Best thing we did, getting the checks, otherwise we could have gone even more years trying when there was no ovulation going on. Clomid has worked wonders, now we seem to have as much chance as anyone else, so I'm much more positive about this TTC thing. :)
Me 31, DH 32
Vault101
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Dini » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Vault, you'll have to keep us updated on your tww! I hope this is your month!! :D
Bebe, hopefully your OPK turns positive soon. Do you know what the blood tests are testing for? Let us know how they go.
I know what you both mean about BD feeling a bit of a chore around O. It's taken the fun out of it a bit now to the point of not BD as much outside of the fertile window - it's a relief when the window is over and we can relax and take it as we want! Although I think OH gets more tired than I do!

My update is that I don't think this is my month, I took a HPT yesterday and got a BFN (13/14dpo). I also started spotting today so I'm expecting AF tomorrow - I've also started cramping like I normally do before AF. So I'm 90% sure that I'm out this month!
TTC since October 2016

Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Trixie120 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:56 am

New to this thread but wanted to say hello and join. Dini - I think we're tracking almost the same. I'm 12/13 DPO today and have had a few BFN's already + temps drops so just waiting for AF tomorrow.

This is only my second cycle TTC #2 after getting remarried. I conceived DS in one cycle but that was 7 years ago and I've since developed a thyroid issue although it's regulated. I've wanted a second so badly since he was about 1 but my Ex had other things in mind - mainly his girlfriend and splitting up our marriage. :x UGh!

Anyway, new DH is wonderful but he is older so only wants to try for a year before looking into adoption so I feel pretty pressured in terms of time. But am trying to stay relaxed and positive. I do have a reserve of frozen eggs but am just not sure when I should dip into those. Would obviously prefer to get pregnant naturally as that's not an easy or cheap process - nor is it a guarantee.

That's me! Thanks to this group for the help and support. Love the updates from everyone.
Trixie120
Friend

Postby Dini » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi Trixie and welcome! You still have a while to go and it could happen quickly for you second time round too!
I'm sorry to hear about your Ex but very happy to hear that he's in the past and you've moved on!
Keep us updated on how you get on!
Update from me - AF arrived today and it's been quite heavy and crampy. In case it helps anyone, after my CPs, my PMS symptoms completely changed to pretty much non existent this month. I only felt PMSy the last two days and that was just crampy and emotional. I normally have super sore boobs for at least a week before and feel super crap for that week too.
TTC since October 2016

Dini
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 30s