High prolactin levels

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

High prolactin levels

Postby Hopingforbetter » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi everyone. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a little under a year. I have been tested at first of a high prolactin levels of total 76 and mononumeric 20. Second test result came where my mononumeric number dropped but the entire process has been taking so long. Doctor said I’ll be seeing a gyno and told me to keep trying before considering whether we need to see a fertility doctor. He said prolactin levels have lots to do with sleep and stress and can fluctuate but said we still need to keep an eye on it. It’s frustrating cause 76 is way above the normal range and reading up on it is even scarier than I thought... I’m currently 32 turning 33 soon.. my period is mad irregular so trying to keep track of anything is next to impossible. Has anyone had a similar issue and succeeded... how long will it take? Just really need some positive vibe.. thank you and good luck to everyone who’s trying.
Hopingforbetter

Re: High prolactin levels

Postby Danaa » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:29 pm

Prolactin affects ovulation and probably that is why your cycle is irregular ,why not put u on some dostinex for a while and see hwo that works out for you ?is easily fixable so that is a plus.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hopingforbetter » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:50 pm

Hey Danaa, thanks for the quick response. Is it a prescribed med? Or can I get it over the counter? I asked my GP if there’s anything I can take in the meantime but he kept telling me to wait til I see the gyno:(
Hopingforbetter

Postby Danaa » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:01 am

Hopingforbetter wrote:Hey Danaa, thanks for the quick response. Is it a prescribed med? Or can I get it over the counter? I asked my GP if there’s anything I can take in the meantime but he kept telling me to wait til I see the gyno:(

I think you need a doctor prescription but you could try and talk to a pharmacist or someone .
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 30s