TTC in your 30's? Introduce yourself!

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC in your 30's? Introduce yourself!

Postby jennyfilipe » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi All
I am 34 and DH is 30. We have been TTC #1 for over 3 years, and no joy. Doctor diagnosed us with unexplained infertility ( such a professional way of saying .. we dont know whats wrong with you!) I have never been preggers and my DH has no children either. We have tried everything that can be bought without breaking the bank, from OPKs, vitamins, Pre Seed, to acupuncture and massage, but we are still not going to give up!!! Unfortunately options such as IVF are not open to us due to the financial commitment, so we just have to keep practising that baby dance!

As it stands now I am on 5DPO, and am feeling very positive about the this next couple of months, it would be awesome to have a BFP for Xmas but I am going to hold out from POAS until AF is due, which coincides with our trip abroad to my family for Xmas and New Year. Even though implantation probably hasnt even occurred yet, there have already been some subtle changes in this TWW, ( for example my boobs have grown from a small C cup to a large D over night) which are holding up a glimmer of hope!!!

Good Luck and Baby Dust to you all!!! xx
jennyfilipe
Friend

Postby Mand8301 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi Jenny!! :) Well I'm sorry you've had no luck so far!! BD'ing is the best way to someday get that BFP, so at least that's always a good option!

Just out of curiosity, have you researched the cost of IVF and other things? There are lots of places that will finance that kind of stuff for couples. I only know this because I've had several friends do IVF and they've told me that they took loans to afford it. Also, certain places do a guarantee with IVF...for instance one of the local fertility clinics charges $20,000 for up to 6 attempts at IVF. If none of them yields a baby that is brought home from the hospital, you get your money back!

Just curious how much research you've done! :)
Me: 30 yrs old
Hubs: 35 yrs old, 1 DS (12) and 1 DD (15)

BFP 12/30/13! God is so good!
DD Priya was born on 9/8/14 @ 4:19am via C-section!

Mand8301
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jennyfilipe » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:08 am

Hi Mand8301,
The IVF thing is made very difficult because of where i live. I live in Portugal, where NOTHING is subsidised, and it actually costs the same as a one bedroom apartment to have 3 rounds of IVF done here, with no refunds ( almost 60.000 euros )!!! I have several friends here who have coughed up the money and had no joy, and then got preggers naturally within a few months. There was an option in the UK, where they provide free treatment to women under 36, and my DH and I did move there ( I am from the UK, my DH is Portuguese) and we did all the initial stuff.. got checked out etc etc, but my DH got soo depressed ( which meant no BDing!) we had to move back for the sake of our marriage! Here, we are both seasonal workers in a tourist resort, that means money is only coming in 6 months of the year, and the other 6 months you are on social security, this is why there is no hope in hell of pursuing fertility treatment here.

However, it does not mean that i will NEVER get to be a Mum, I am still hopeful and my DH and I are keeping ourselves fit and healthy, and i have started taking one cup of green tea a day to try and help with period irregularities, ( not serious ones, shortest cycle is 26 days, longest is 32) and for a progesterone dominance which occurs in some of my cycles, ( I dont take any more than that as I have read that an excess of green tea inhibits your body from absorbing Folic Acid) and as we have settled back into life here this past year, Bding has become more spontaneous and more frequent, and of course you cant get preggers if you dont do the deed!!! I just really feel that my time is coming, and I am no quitter!! :fingers crossed: :fingers crossed:
jennyfilipe
Friend

Postby Mand8301 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:00 am

Jenny - Well I think your outlook is wonderful! I'm sorry for all that you've been through, with DH's depression and all that. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own bodies that we forget that they are suffering alongside us. I am crossing my fingers for a BFP and a very sticky bean for both of us, very soon!!!

BTW, I did not know that about Green Tea. Perhaps I should indulge a bit more often myself! :)

Mand8301
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jennyfilipe » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:47 am

Well it doesnt hurt to try!! There is loads of articles online about green tea ( and green tea capsules if you dont like tea) There is mixed reviews about green tea and its affect on fertility, some articles say it can almost double your chances of conceiving as the polyphenols in green tea help to mature egg follicles and as its an antioxidant it gets rid of all the nasties in your system. Im willing to go on a little faith!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us and Im sending some seriously positively charged babydust your way! :goodluck2:
jennyfilipe
Friend

Postby Mand8301 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Thanks Jenny! BTW, I started a group under the groups forum called "2014 will be our year!" or something like that. You should join in and chat with some of us other TTC'ers. We love to obsess together!!! LOL

Mand8301
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babycoconut249 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:32 pm

I am 31 and my hubby and I are ttc our 1st one. This is our first month trying, but I used an OPK to help things along and we BD most of my fertile day. I know I should not expect to get a BFP on our first try, but it would be great.
Me:31 DH:30
babycoconut249

Postby kittya » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi ladies, I'm quite new to the whole fora thing. I've never posted anything anywhere besides fb and a photo blog i used to manage. Anyways, I'm also new to the whole ttc thing. I'm 36 now and my partner and I are finally settled enough to think about actively trying. I got ku briefly two yrs ago but it didn't go past 7 weeks. It was a relief to some degree because we weren't ready. But I've never actually had the chance to examine my fertility beyond that. I've been reading quite a lot about it. It's nice to be part of a group who doesn't mind sharing tmi and is so supportive. I like the idea of green tea. I've heard about other dietary additions that might help. The action plan I want to follow is:
- Start of cycle: start red raspberry leaf tea, EPO, Macca Powder, eat grapefruit, avocados, and pineapple core frequently (the addition of green tea seems good. thanks, Jenny for sharing that)
- Robitussin with the Guaifenesin only. 3x 200mg per day for a week before ovulation and until 3DPO.
- Baby Asprin, after O
Any thoughts on this?
Also I'm taking prenatals of course, which currently run me $120 US per month. I get them at a holistic place, which I like very much in general, but I think I need to consider a cheaper option.
I'm interested in the SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) approach, and of course worried and obsessed about it all.
I have never before charted my bbt or done opk - where is the best place to purchase these?
I also would not be able to afford the IUI or IVF methods or whatnot, so it'll be otc approach or nothing for me.
Wishing everyone a BFP this holiday season
kittya

Postby katnhiding » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi ladies. I'm 32 and DH is 37. We are TTC our third and final. WE currently have two boys (8 and almost 5). We've just started this month and we're starting slowly. I'm doing some tracking using an app. I've ordered a BBT thermometer and ovulation tests for the next cycle.
katnhiding
Friend

Postby Teme22 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:27 am

Hi,

I'm 32, from the UK. I got married Oct 2013 & 3 months in to my TTC journey. Trying desperately not to obsess in the 2ww but it is soooooo difficult.
Teme22
Friend

Postby snflowr » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi I'm new TTC for #1 at 37 and dh early forties. We have been together for very long, but haven't been trying for reasons too long to explain. We have no idea how fertile we are (or were when we were younger). If this works out, it will be the first pregnancy ever for both of us (you know what I mean :-) he didn't cause any children before either). I feel extremely naive, but want a child (ideally two) badly.
This is second cycle TTC, naturally, and although I have not had any hormonal changes or anything (no BCP or anything, just ditched the condom) I feel a lot of changes in my body. Either it knows that I want to be pregnant and pushes out more hormones (as I have never felt anything from ovulation until a couple of days before AF, but now I started getting boobs too difficult to carry around for the second month, etc.). Or, my body is changing and things are not as they used to be before. And I am terrified at the thought that by the time we were ready to have children we can't have them anymore. Hopefully that won't be the case. At least DH is so grounded (or so he looks) and reminds me that it's very early to say. I'm a worrywart what can I say... From the moment I see a BFP, I bet you I will worry about a miscarriage for 5-6 months, and then labor, etc... I am glad I found this forum! Thanks ladies, and good luck to you all.
me (41 & Hashimoto's) dh (46) :angel: (2014); :angel: :angel: (2014); DS (1)
TTC#2 since Oct 2016; :angel: (2017)
snflowr
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SpongeBobBabyPants » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi all! I'm almost 36 and my DH is 40. We are TTC #1 and at this moment I am 9 DPO. The wait is agonizing! It is so refreshing to know that so many of us are in the same boat. This isn't the type of thing you just want to chat up at work and most of my pals are in the no kids or done with kids boat. My DH is a little anxious about being an "old dad", but we both are looking forward to the joy of little ones. Good luck to you all!!
SpongeBobBabyPants
Friend

Postby Teme22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:46 am

Day 32 of cycle to tomorrow which is my average. I have had so many symptoms this month I was convinced it was the month. Went to visit a friend with her unplanned 1 week old, made me so much more broodier. But today I have lots of my normal AF symptoms :cry:

Heyho, need to stay positive this time next week il be on my belated honeymoon so maybe that will do the trick.

How's everyone else getting on? xx
Teme22
Friend

Postby snflowr » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:30 pm

I hear you Teme22. I heard that a friend is a few months along in her pregnancy, and that made me so much less confident with TTC. I need to stay calm, but it's difficult when you feel you are behind.
Good luck and have fun at your honeymoon! (I was hopeful having time off and being relaxed during X-mas and New Year's too. I am 11dpo and we'll find out soon). Happy and relaxed times are definitely appreciated when daily life is so busy. Good luck, again
me (41 & Hashimoto's) dh (46) :angel: (2014); :angel: :angel: (2014); DS (1)
TTC#2 since Oct 2016; :angel: (2017)
snflowr
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Teme22 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Thanks for the reply, does make you feel better to know
You aren't alone in this. Most of my friends are now on their second. Best of luck, hopefully 2014 will be our year x
Teme22
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 30s