TTC in your 30's? Introduce yourself!

Meet others who are TTC in their 30s

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC in your 30's? Introduce yourself!

Postby SpongeBobBabyPants » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:52 pm

Hey Teme22 and snflowr! Glad to see others on here in a similar situation. It's like you are singing my song. Hope that you both get BFPs very soon. Teme22, how perfect would it be for a honeymoon baby. Too sweet.
SpongeBobBabyPants
Friend

Postby Steph2816 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:33 pm

never really posted on one of these before so I may not have all of the lingo correct! I am 34 years old and my DH will be 36 in a few weeks. We have been married for 12.5 years and have an 11 year old son. We ended up pregnant 6 months after getting married and it came out of nowhere. After our first son was born we decided not to have any more children as he was quite a handful. We changed our mind when he was 4 and have been unsuccessful at having another child. I carried our second son for 5 months but he was born pre-maturely due to a chromosome disorder. That was 3 years ago. Our OB/GYN has called it second child infertility. There is nothing physically wrong with us, we have just been unable to have a second child. I hope to find other women who have had some of the same problems and can provide some advice and support.
Steph2816

Postby snflowr » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Thanks Teme22 and SpongeBobBabyPants.
Welcome Steph2816! I know of a woman with 'second child infertility' who ended up having a healthy second child in her mid/late 40s, and another one diagnosed by her ob/gyn with infertility become pregnant on a one-night-stand (obviously not planned or hoped). I hope all the best to you!
me (41 & Hashimoto's) dh (46) :angel: (2014); :angel: :angel: (2014); DS (1)
TTC#2 since Oct 2016; :angel: (2017)
snflowr
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby jennyfilipe » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:53 am

Hi Ladies!! Hows everyone getting on? Im currently 10DPO,had a few unusual symptoms, but trying not get too excited!! AF is due on Monday 20th so trying to hold out to test until then. Should get a good indicator in the next couple of days, as usually spot 2-3 days before AF rears her ugly head!! Anyone else planning to test soon?
jennyfilipe
Friend

Postby Teme22 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:13 am

2 days late but AF arrived :( Disappointed xx try try again! xx
Teme22
Friend

Postby Smiley81 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:01 pm

My husband and I were married April.2, 2005 I'm 32 and he's 31 we had 3 kids very young and decided to have my tubal ligation because when I got pregnant with my third child I just had my daughters brother 7 months before that and we didn't have much money so we made a regrettable decision. My husband was hit by a car while he was riding his motorcycle over the Summer and almost died after the crazy Summer we had we decided we wanted another baby so I had a tubal reversal surgery in Dec.2013 now were ttc and it's actually harder than what I thought I'm new to ttc I've never tried before so I'm trying to learn everything about it I'm afraid I'm already addicted to reading all about it and POAS.. Our kids are 15,11,9 they keep me busy already! But I want to enjoy my pregnancy at my age now and knowing I have money now to provide the baby with what ever he or she wants excites me ..my children are excited about me trying to have a baby guess I'm just scared it won't happen all you can do is pray about it it's in Gods hands now. I'm enjoying everyone's info though..
Smiley81
Friend

Postby SpongeBobBabyPants » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:10 pm

Chin up Teme22, hang in there! I had BFNs at DPO 8 and 11. Felt weird all week but a lot of people have been sick so just bided time until af. It didn't come so I POAS tonight and thought I saw a weak positive. Gonna test again in the morning.
Welcome new ladies!
SpongeBobBabyPants
Friend

Postby jennyfilipe » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:08 pm

Sounds good spongebobbabypants!! Fingers crossed its a nice dark BFP!
Im due AF tomorrow, not had any of my Pre AF spotting which should have started 2-3 days before AF, my boobs are still really sore and i have had heartburn and a headache for the last few days.. Im feeling the same, it could be that im just getting the bug thats going around but we will know tomorrow!!xx
jennyfilipe
Friend

Postby jennyfilipe » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:29 pm

AF has arrived, but Im kinda glad, because it means the green tea IS regulating my cycles and I came on bang on time again this month.. thats two cycles in a row now, which I have never had happen before!! Also been offered a great new job, and although we will still be trying TTC, i have something new and positive ( Hopefully) to focus on!
jennyfilipe
Friend

Postby SpongeBobBabyPants » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:32 pm

That's great news, jennyfilipe! Looks like things are getting in order for you. I gave up on the sticks and bought the digital HPT. Got a BFP!! I just have to wait to schedule an appointment until the insurance changes. So DH wants me to take another test next weekend just to confirm. He's so funny. I'm excited and terrified!
SpongeBobBabyPants
Friend

Postby jennyfilipe » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:16 am

OMG Spongebobbabypants!! :cong: !!!!! Thats wonderful news!! Even though ive never had a BFP, i think i would prefer the Digi tests too, its gotta feel special when it spells it out for you in nice clear, big letters!! LOL!

So how are you feeling?
jennyfilipe
Friend

Postby SpongeBobBabyPants » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Thank you, jennyfilipe! The strips are definitely good for those just can't wait to test times because you can get a ton of them. You can't beat the digital ones for confirmation though!! I'm feeling ok...mainly really burpy (which is gross) and bouts of nausea in the PM. Could be worse. I definitely have my fingers crossed for you too!
SpongeBobBabyPants
Friend

Postby wrighton1977 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:51 am

Hello, everyone! I am 36 and my hubs is 43 and we are TTC our first and only, unless by some miracle we get twins! We have been TTC for about three years. We are doing iui and are currently in the two week wait. I'm
Looking forward to chatting with you all. :D
Me 36, Hubby 43
TTC naturally for 2 years for our 1st, we finally got our BFP in late August 2012, but ended in miscarriage at 8 wks.
We started seeing our RE in August of 2013. Found out Hubby has low sperm count and motility issues. I am subclinical hypothyroid and have slightly high AMH numbers indicating a "mild ovulatory dysfunction".
IUI #1 with Clomid and Estrace: August BFN
IUI #2 with Clomid and Estrace: November BFN
IUI #3 with Clomid and Estrace: BFN
IUI#4 current cycle. Clomid, Estrace, and Ovidrel IUI scheduled for January 21.
wrighton1977
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby patchoulimomma » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi! I am 31 and my DH is 32 we have been married for coming on 6 years (april12) Our family includes His and Hers which are two beautiful girls (9,7) we are finally in a place (after the recession, depression financial havoc) where we want to bring an OURS into the world. He is a little weird about planning sex...I think even planning a child freaks him out and he is only interested in when the mood strikes kind of approach. (Kind of frustrating for me LOl I'm only getting older and losing viable eggs!!) anyway the mood struck this last cycle so I am in the wonderful anxiety ridden 2ww!!!! Yay. Has anyone else have children early and ttc in their 30s? Do you see a difference in your body?
patchoulimomma
Friend

Postby Teme22 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:50 am

Hi,

I posted on here a fortnight ago disheartened because AF had arrived just before my belated honeymoon. Well it turns out it wasn't was AF, it was brown spotting. It didn't get heavy after a couple of days like normal so took a test whilst waiting in the airport.

It was a bit of a nightmare with not knowing if I could use things like deet & being in a developing country made me nervous. But home, took another test & it is still a positive. Just need to actually manage to see a doctor now but according to my calculations I'm 7 weeks.

Can't quite believe it, haven't really got any symptoms yet.

Going to be so difficult keeping this a secret for another 5 weeks!

Just wanted to let you all know as I was obsessed in reading symptoms that I only cystitis symptoms & the brown spotting.

xxx
Teme22
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 30s