Jealousy of siblings

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby MrsPih1024 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:05 pm

I understand exactly how you feel and I have had the same thoughts, feelings, etc.
Last May, my SIL (23 yr old) had told us she was pregnant. It was unplanned with her bf of about a month. Yikes. My immediate reaction was not fair! It's supposed to be us! Not her etc. Eventually, I got over myself. We were not trying at the time, but I still felt that way. I was also angry/upset with my husband since it was really him that wanted to wait.

We started trying (we are on our second cycle). Last month was a crazy roller coaster for me. Part of me wonders if I did have a chemical pregnancy... Well after I finally get my AF, my 18 yr cousin announces that she is pregnant (without trying of course).

I had the same thoughts- not fair, etc. But then I started thinking about us being pregnant at the same time and the fact that SHE is having the first grand-baby in my family. It makes me so upset! I also had selfish thoughts like, what about my baby shower? And b/c she doesn't have a job, money, etc the family is going to help her out etc.
I didn't say I was having rational thoughts! It's great that my family will be there for her, but I can't help but feel the way I do. And of course, I'm not even pregnant so who knows how they will respond.

Phew. Glad that is off my chest.
MrsPih1024
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Brynn » Tue May 08, 2012 12:01 pm

I know exactly how you feel! My brother and his wife got pregnant one month after dh and I started trying... Unfortunately they did miscarry the first pregnancy but she got pregnant again the very next month and is about 5 1/2 months along now. I am happy for them of course but there is still that little "why not me??" in the back of my head. And whenever i see how cute she is pregnant I get very sad... I cried when they found out it was a girl. Dh and I have been trying for 8 cycles now and sister and her husband just started trying last month... I keep thinking "no way! Nope! My turn!" haha! She got pregnant with her daughter in like... 5 minutes... So it wouldn't surprise me if they got pregnant first. But yeah anyway YES I totally understand! It doesn't make you a bad person, it's totally understandable. Good luck!!! :)
Brynn
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby janellev » Thu May 10, 2012 7:06 am

I know this original post is froma while ago but I know how you feel! My DH and I have been trying for over 2 years and both his Sister (who got married after we started TTC) and his brother's wife are now pregnant. His sister is due tomorrow and I want to be happy for them but something is stopping me! I am not at all a jealous person so it is driving me crazy! The other hard part is that I already had to help throw his sister's baby shower and I think I am expect to throw his brother's wife's too! I just dont know if I can do it! I dont think I can suck up all the pain and put on a happy face...honestly I dont even want to go to any baby showers right now...not even family! So frustrating!!! All we can do is pray...its in God's hands!
janellev
Friend

Previous

Return to TTC Your First Baby