Sperm tests

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Sperm tests

Postby KinsyB » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:15 am

TTC for around 15 months now. Went to the doctor a few months back and he said to give it another 6 months (i.e. December time) and then they'll start tests, starting with a sperm test. Is everyone else out there having to wait 18 months before they can get a test? Can I ask the doctor to do it sooner or will I have to go private? If private, any ideas on cost in £s?? Thanks xx
KinsyB
Friend

Postby SaraElise » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:20 pm

I know with my husband he had to have a referral from from my OB to even get in for a SA. The place we went won't take anyone without a referral from another doctor. This is the 1st time we've had to deal with this so I'm not sure if this is standard procedure or just for that certain clinic. I was very surprised at the cost, insurance covered a big portion and we only had to pay $10.
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Sara): 28 Normal, Unexplained Infertility, 50mg of Clomid to see if it will help!

DH (Bryan): 31 Diagnosed with varicocele and low testosterone. Normal count with low motility. Using Clomid to try and increase numbers. All tests normal as of Jan 2014!

June 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
July 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
August 2014: 100mg Clomid= BFN
September 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN
October 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN

Acupunture started October 2014

TTC #2 since May 2013

SaraElise
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby KinsyB » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:46 am

Thanks girls but I'm from the UK so it's going to work differently on the NHS - we don't have to pay insurance like you do in the US. Half of me thinks I should relax and wait until December but time is dragging! Mind you, don't know that I fancy getting the results (if it's bad news) just before Christmas. Merry Christmas, and by the way your husband's sperm is rubbish!!
KinsyB
Friend

Return to TTC Your First Baby