23 y/o TTC with "sub septate uterus".. ??

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

23 y/o TTC with "sub septate uterus".. ??

Postby shelley1 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi ladies, firstly I am new to this site and must say I am loving it! You girls are so supportive and motivating! So thank you :-)

Last year I was told by my GP that I have a sub-septate uterus (following a per vagina ultrasound for abdominal pains) which is when the uterus doesn't develop properly therefore has a septum in the middle of it, almost dividing the uterus into two compartments but not quite.

I asked him if it would afffect my fertility and he said No it shouldn't make a difference. At the time DP and I were not TTC so I didn't ask any more information. Recently I have been looking at forums online and every woman who has written about having a sub septate uterus has stated that she required/will require surgery to fix it in order to have a baby.

Has anyone else had any experiences with this problem or heard of any stories regarding TTC??
shelley1

Postby wannababy2011 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Hi shelley.
Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I have been diagnosed with a septate uterus as well.

My doc told me that when the septum is taking up 30% or more in the uterus they will generally do surgery to fix it. Mine was 25%. My RE didn't think it would affect my fertility but I did have it re-sected anyways. I had to have a lap & hysteroscopy for other reasons so he "fixed" the septum at the same time. He told me that because I've never been pregnant he doesn't know if it is a problem or not but better to fix it now rather than later.

I am now on my first cycle of TTC again since my surgery. Currently in the tww before testing. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Me (Danielle) 30- ovulatory factor
DH 34- perfect swimmers!
TTC since Sep 2009
7 cycles of Clomid all BFN
2 hysteroscopic surgeries & multiple tests

Currently: on 3rd (& last) round of Femara
wannababy2011
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC Your First Baby