Advice needed

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Advice needed

Postby darlingdixie51 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:36 pm

So I know the standard is 1 year to conceive. I am finishing up 9 months and with actively trying those 9 months I am ready to break down and see a doc to see if there is something preventing pregnancy.

I came off the pill Feb. last year and within a month and a half was pregnant, but I only got to enjoy the news for a month and at 7 weeks lost my precious one. At the time the doctor could come up with no reason as to why other than my levels never doubled (HCG). My progesterone was also extremely low and I was put on prometrium. It just was too little too late it would seem. I have a digital OPK to try and get the most accurate idea of ovulation. I don't chart temp because my times of waking are across the board. My DH and I BD on a very regular basis esp. around ovulation time. After the miscarriage my cycle stretched to an average of 31 days, but has returned to an almost normal 28-29 days.

The advice I need is what should I make sure the doc checks for on this visit. Yes, I know that I'm asking for a pre-pregnancy checkup to check for any fertility issues, but if I knew specifically what I am asking for so I don't overlook anything and neither does the doc it would be a HUGE help.

Thank you ladies.
darlingdixie51
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby flipper628 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 am

Hi Darlingdixie,

I went to see an infertility doctor before a year, but I already knew we would have some issues. The first thing my doctor did was get labwork done, but I think it had to be like the first couple of days of my cycle, not sure of everything that was checked but I know it was my thyroid levels, progesterone, and also glucose intolerance. I also had an hsg done, wich checks to see if your tubes are blocked. My dh also had a semen analysis done. After that it was just more bloodwork and u/s to check and make sure my follicles were growing.

Hope this helps a bit! Good luck with everything!
Me 30, no issues
DH 31, retrograde ejaculation

flipper628
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby darlingdixie51 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:27 am

@flipper Thank you so much for the information.
darlingdixie51
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to TTC Your First Baby