Hi Everyone - Newbie

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hi Everyone - Newbie

Postby DIAZW » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi everyone,

Not too sure what I'm supposed to be doing on here yet but DH and I have been TTC for more than a year and I'm feeling as though I could do with some support from people who understand what I am talking about! We live in a small town in Zimbabwe and it seems as though everyone around us gets pregnant by mistake rather than actually TTC!

DH and I have been together for more than 10yrs but only went off BCP mid 2010. Looking back it seems silly that we spent so much time trying to prevent conception and now it's proven to be so difficult! :(

I started charting around June 2011 and after a few hiccups (i.e. learning you need to take your BBT at around the same time each day!) I picked up I had a short LP and started on B6 (in the form of a multivitamin since Nov 2011) and when I finally got my hands on some Vitex I also added this (since Dec 22, 2011).

The B6 actually seemed to help my LP (up to 12 days!) and the Vitex - although only a month in so far - has had it's ups and downs. I was on CD14 last cycle when I started the Vitex (O'd on CD17) but started spotting heavily CD25 and AF arrived CD27 so my LP was back to 'normal'. Now this cycle I O'd earlier (CD14!!!) but I'm only 5DPO and feeling a lot of AF symptoms - including spotting yesterday (4DPO) and today. I've read in a few places that Vitex takes a while to work and that in the beginning it can throw your cycles out but I can't help being super disappointed! I've definitely felt as though my hormones were more 'regulated' and O'ing on CD14 was a huge plus as normal for me was 17-18.

Sorry for the long intro post - just venting I suppose! But would love some opinions?

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/395272">My Ovulation Chart</a>

I guess it's just down to a couple of more months to wait and see what happens with the Vitex?

Thanks to all who read this and get to the end of it! :) Baby dust to you all!
ME (Di): 30 | DH: 31 | TTC #1
Went off BCP June 2010
Started charting June 2011 ~ short LP?
BFP March 2012 but MC @22DPO
IVF Cycle #1 - May 16.
29/05 14 Eggs retrieved, 9 fertilised - 2 transferred. Zero made it to freeze.
03/06 2x5day blasts transferred.
10DPO - :bfp:!!
15DPO - Beta 173 but... Started bleeding and spotting
19DPO - Beta 778 .... Still bleeding and spotting
21DPO - Beta 2117 .... Still bleeding and spotting but saw 2 tiny dots on scan. They're both still there
26DPO - Beta 11689 ..... Bleeding tapering off - saw one little sac on the scan and lining very thin. Stick little bean!

7w+1 - Heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump:

DIAZW
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MrsR » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi DIAZW,
I just joined too. We're about the same age and I agree completely with everything you've said, I could have written your post myself!
I seem to ovulate around the same time as you were, too - CD17 - although sometimes its earlier. I haven't been taking anything for it as since we've been TTC my normally clockwork cycles have been all over the place, so my luteal phase is variable, I think.
We've been TTC since August 2011. Doesn't it make you mad, how much money and stress was wasted on contraception, using condoms if you missed a pill, took antibiotics, etc etc... I needn't have bothered!
Currently on CD15 and got a positive OPK today - well, at least I think it's positive! Pretty much as dark as the control line.
Good luck, I hope you aren't trying for much longer :)
MrsR
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby DIAZW » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:43 am

Hi MrsR!

Wishing you all the very best! It sure sounds like a positive to me! Now to weather the TWW!!!

Even though it will probably drive me crazy checking out everyone else's symptoms etc. and imagining my own to go along with it I think the added support of a group of women with the same goal will really help us! It doesn't take long to get so disheartened every time AF shows up but feeling as though you have someone who can REALLY sympathise with you and has been through much of the same helps a lot! Especially when you can see people with BFPs :bfp: at the end of a similar journey! Gives me hope and I hope it does the same for you.

Lots of baby dust and I hope to see you with your BFP soon!
Went off BCP June 2010
IVF Cycle #1 - May 16.
21DPO - Beta 2117 .... Still bleeding and spotting but saw 2 tiny dots on scan. They're both still there
26DPO - Beta 11689 ..... Bleeding tapering off - saw one little sac on the scan and lining very thin. Stick little bean!

DIAZW
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MrsR » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Very true, about the people that REALLY understand... like you and so many others around here, I am surrounded by people who got pregnant very quickly - one of my best friends after 1 month of trying. They just cannot possibly understand our situation, although to her credit she tries hard. Almost all of my same-age colleagues are pregnant. I went to a 30th birthday party the other week and came home feeling very down. I have never been around so many pregnant women and babies before in my life!

Turns out my OPK wasn't positive yesterday - I had previously been using the Clearblue digital - smiley face or circle, very simple - and this month was using First Response with the standard 2 lines. TODAY I got a blazing line, way darker than the almost-equal-to-control line I got yesterday! NOW I get it!

Now, we wait... Given that I have pretty much experienced EVERY TWW symptom ever documented, from sneezing and nosebleeds to sore boobs, urinary frequency and everything in between, I can almost relax and know that I won't obsess about my symptoms, at least! Although, the cycle that I had none in my TWW I was particularly convinced I was pregnant as at least it was different to the others!
Me: 31
DH: 37
TTC #1 since August 2011
Feb 2012: complete m/c @ 7/40

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
MrsR
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby DIAZW » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:04 am

Ha ha. For me every TWW has seemed to be different slightly so I think I give up on the symptom spotting now!! Obviously just different amounts of hormones or whatever each time. :(

Yes - my SIL got pregnant almost immediately but then had to terminate as there were serious deformities to the foetus and there was no chance of saving the pregnancy. What a hard decision! But then only a few weeks after this she was pregnant again and now 2 days past her due date. I know they went through a terrible ordeal but I just can bring myself to be as happy as I should be for them.

As for my friends they have either had kids long ago, just aren't at that stage yet or they have just gotten pregnant by mistake rather than actually trying!

Well, at least the long wait should make me appreciate the fact when it eventually happens right? Silver lining?

Hope the next two weeks fly for you. :wait:
Went off BCP June 2010
IVF Cycle #1 - May 16.

DIAZW
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to TTC Your First Baby