25 yrs-TTC#1..shouldn't this be easy?

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

25 yrs-TTC#1..shouldn't this be easy?

Postby Rose1987 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:53 am

Well We've only been trying for 4 Months now..but at his age shouldn't it be easy?? Heck my mom conceived at 42 with no issues! I guess we just expected it to happen right away since everyone around us seems to get PG the day they start trying lol.
DH is 29 turning 30 this year in Nov..we are really hoping to have our little one born this year :(
Guess I'm just venting here...it seems everyone is getting PG but us. But on the bright side..AF just left and were on to the next phase of the cycle. We are on CD 8 but O isnt until CD 23. It seems like forever till we get there!
I'm trying pre-seed this month..and OPKs for the first time so I hope it helps! I will also continue temping and checking CM. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Good Luck to you ladies in the TTW or waiting for the TWW! :fingersx:
Me (Tessa)-25 DH 29
DSD-6

:bfp: March 2 -
:hb: 104 March 19th- (6w 1d)
:hb: 188!! April 10-(9w6d)
:hb: 143 June 4th (17w 5d)
:hb: ITS A GIRL!!!!!!
:hb: 140 June 25th (20w5d)
:hb:150 Sept 14th (32w2d)

3 November 2012 Our baby girl arrived!
:hb: 6lbs 5 oz 19.5 inches
Rose1987
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby JPH » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:35 am

Hi Rose. I think we all thought this would be easy until we found ourselves getting negative tests month, after month, after month. I am sure you will get your :bfp: soon. I know 4 months seems like a long time to you but trust me when I tell you that it is completely normal for it take up to a year to conceive. My DH and I have been ttc for over four years now. I don't wish this on my worst enemy. It is one of the most heartbreaking things in the world to go through. Just keep believing and don't give up on your dream. It WILL happen. :fingers crossed: that you get your little miracle soon!!
Me (32)
DH (33)

http://www.jhughes-wishingandwaiting.blogspot.com

May 2007 - BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks
IUI#1 - May 2011 - BFN
IUI#2 - January 2012 - BFN
IUI#3 - February 2012 - BFN
Lap - March 2012 - Polyp in uterus removed, 7 or 8 spots of endo removed and appendix removed.
September 26, 2012 - BFP!!!!!!
September 30, 2012 - M/C :(
October 23, 2012 - Diagnosed with High Thyroid Antibodies - Taking Synthroid
JPH
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsR » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:52 pm

JPH is right: at 25, you are at the absolute peak age of fertility - but you still only have a roughly 24% chance of conceiving in any one cycle - us humans aren't really that fertile as a species, are we?!?

It's really hard, I know, especially with so many people around you seeming to hit the jackpot instantly. Vent away, I say! Let it out!

If you ovulate so late - have you had PCOS bloods done, if you don't mind me asking? Could be worth looking into if you have long cycles.

Fingers crossed for you both this month, Rose and JPH :)
Me: 31
DH: 37
TTC #1 since August 2011
Feb 2012: complete m/c @ 7/40

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
MrsR
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Rose1987 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 am

Thanks for the support ladies!! I know it will come eventually! but we want it sooner than later lol

MrsR.. I havent had any blood work done..Unfortinatly being in the military they don't like to do any extra test unless THEY think its needed and you HAVE to be trying to concieve for over a year before they do any kind of fertility testing..or I have to get permission from the Military hospital to get seen by a Civilan Dr…its all pretty stupid if you ask me..but it is what it is I guess. When I went to the OB in Nov for my Annual I told the Doc I was trying and she said I would see changes in my cycle after I got off my BC. I stayed pretty regualr when I was taking it so I anticipated it to go haywire when I stopped lol. I’m giving it two more cycles before I go and ask to be seen by a Civilan Dr. I’m young and in good health so I dnt feel I should wait a year before getting checked out. I have had some Cervix issues in the past when I was 18/19 but nothing that would affect conception.

Theres been a lot going on at work and my DH and I both just got back from deployments in Oct so I think stress is playing a big part of it. But Fx this is our month :)
Me (Tessa)-25 DH 29
DSD-6

Rose1987
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Vinerunner » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Rose,
I am in the military and I think you definetly should go see a civilian Dr. if you have concerns. I've been in for 16yrs and unfortunately have had some bad care, especially from the military ob/gyn dept. Last Apr I had five + pregancy tests and then had some bleeding. I couldn't even get an appointment for a week. It ended up being a chemicle, but I still was upset with the way I was treated. I talked to the Chief Nurse of the AF and I was told the military doesn't see infertility in women as a health issue. I'm not saying that is the case with you, as you said, if your stressed, it can cause things to go haywire with your cycle. But, I do think having preventative bloodtests are a good thing!

I've been trying to conceive for 4yrs and my RE just ordered a blood test that indicated I had a clotting issue that could have been responsible for my MCs. Anyway, getting testing can't hurt.

Remember one thing if nothing else, IT IS YOUR BODY! Do what you feel you need to and if that means getting tested now and not waiting a year, go get tested! :D

I'm very hopeful for you!
ME: 37 DH: 37
Began TTC in 2008 (4 Angel babies)
BFP: June 2012
DD Born: 20 Mar 2013

TTC #2 Feb 2014
Vinerunner
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby marti88 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:03 pm

I'm under 25 years old and my husband is only 3 years older than me, but we've been TTC for almost 2 years now. Age only means you should have an easier time conceiving, but like anyone with infertility at any age (I'm infertile) TTC is a struggle because you have medical issues that are preventing conception from occuring.

Age in general is nothing, but a number. Some women get more fertile as they get older.
marti88

Postby MM0510 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:47 am

Totally with you Rose1987. I'm turning 25 this year and so far it has been almost 7 months and nothing...we had a MC in November. Everyone else seems to be getting pregnant the first time they try! lol. In the last 2 months FOUR!!! people have announced they are pregnant. *sigh*
MM0510

Thought it was easy also

Postby CanNeverWait » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:01 am

Hello, I read you post and feel lke we are going through the same thing ! I've spent the last 12 years of my life making sure I NEVER miss a pill (after all if you miss a pill you def get pregnant right? WRONG)

Its difficult not to get angry when you hear or people not even trying and falling pregnant at the very sight of man parts but I think this place might just keep us sane x

I'm on cycle 3 and think until cycle 6 I'll try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know) but dont lose hope. Keep us posted.

Sending baby dust to you.

x
Married 30/07/11<br />Stopped MiniPill New Years Eve 2011<br />TTC since 01/01/12
CanNeverWait

TTC Cycle 2

Postby Betti » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:08 am

I feel the same... practically every woman in my family has gotten pregnant first cycle after BC, but me, no, even though I am 27 and supposed to be extremely fertile according to my GP. Lots of my friends are PG and all I see everywhere are babies and PG women. SOOOO want to be one of them!

I know I'm probably way too impatient but that's how I feel!
Betti
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Rose1987 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:40 am

CanNeverWait-Betti: it most certianly makes it rough on us when we have family and friends poping out babies like its nothing..some who arent even trying!!

But just have to stay possitive! GL to you ladies!
Me (Tessa)-25 DH 29
DSD-6

Rose1987
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Lavender_Kitty » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:32 am

I feel for ya! I'm 25 as well and want it to just be fast and easy! Also dealing with the military!

I went for a preconception checkup and it was NOTHING like I expected from reading online. Even when I asked about my weight they told me how I can lose weight (as if I don't know and haven't worked on it) but said nothing about whether I should or shouldn't wait to TTC. Dealing with the military is always, in almost every circumstance, FRUSTRATING. If you ever need to vent about that, I'm definitely willing to listen (and contribute).
Me: 25 y/o, DH: 24
married 2.5 yrs, TTC #1

My chart
Lavender_Kitty
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Your First Baby