What vitamins and supplements are you taking while TTC?

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

What vitamins and supplements are you taking while TTC?

Postby bulldogsmom » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Was just wondering what everyone was taking while TTC.

I currently am taking
Fish Oil
Vitamin E, B6, B12, C
Folic Acid
Womens Multivitamin

I take these throughout my cycle. Do you think it is too much? Should i add anything else? I'm just unsure what the best thing to take would be.

I also Drink one cup of Red Raspberry leaf tea and one cup of decaf green tea a day.
bulldogsmom
Friend

Postby Justagirl » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:13 pm

If you have no diagnosed issues, then you should be taking some kind of multivitamin or prenatal, extra folic acid, and some form of omega 3 (fish oil/flaxseed, etc), IMO..

Women take other supplements to address certain issues they are having with their cycles..

For instance, I am taking inositol, which is supposed to help the insulin/sugar ration since I have mild, lean PCOS..I've also taken Maca in the past to address a long follicular phase.

I also took an omage 3-6-9 supplement which actually gave me awesome ewcm, which I never get...a lot of women take epo for this issue...

Basically, you should only be taking extra supplements to try and assist any issues to may be having with your cycle as some supplements are safe no matter what, but other can influence your cycle regularity, etc,

Good luck! :)
ME: (JJ) 33 :love: DH: 37
TTC#1 for 2.5 years
Dx: lean PCOS/ DH: perfect
5 failed medicated cycles (3 w/IUIs)
IVF#1:Dec 2011 Antagonist: BFP (chemical)
FET#1: April 2012 BFN
IVF#2: August 2012 Long Lupron: BFP!! TWINS!!! :hb: :hb:
4/10/13: Our boys arrive at 35 weeks, happy and healthy!!
5/8/15: SURPRISE BFP!!!
Betas: 12dpo: 49, 14dpo: 102, 21dpo: 1749, 28dpo: 14,737
6/4: ONE baby with :hb: 134
Justagirl
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bulldogsmom » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:36 pm

I never get ewcm, I normally get only a bit of sticky cm.
bulldogsmom
Friend

Postby Vinerunner » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Prenatal, extra RX folic acid, fish oil.

I never have EWCM either, until my dr put me on some meds and I saw it for the first time on Fri. Oh what a glorious sight! I was so excited. :o
ME: 37 DH: 37
Began TTC in 2008 (4 Angel babies)
BFP: June 2012
DD Born: 20 Mar 2013

TTC #2 Feb 2014
Vinerunner
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby zanana1124 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:22 am

i am taking a prenatal and am drinking Bilelow Plantation mint tea (spearamint) for my nerves..
zanana1124
Friend

Postby Kaiowa » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Hey, I'm taking: Vitex, dong quai, EPO, B-complex, various vitamins and a daily dose of flax seed. It all depends on what your cycle and body requires. Be careful with the raspberry leaf tea though, most brands I've found have other herbs in them and warnings not to take if pg or TTC.

Best of luck,

Kaiowa
Kaiowa
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: What vitamins and supplements are you taking while TTC?

Postby thepast123 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:17 am

bulldogsmom wrote:Was just wondering what everyone was taking while TTC.

I currently am taking
Fish Oil
Vitamin E, B6, B12, C
Folic Acid
Womens Multivitamin
keto australia supplement

I take these throughout my cycle. Do you think it is too much? Should i add anything else? I'm just unsure what the best thing to take would be.

I also Drink one cup of Red Raspberry leaf tea and one cup of decaf green tea a day.

Hi
In the past 10 years, many Americans have turned to omega-3 fish oil supplements, which have benefits for healthy people and also those with heart disease. Omega-3 fish oil contains both docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). ... Findings show omega-3 fatty acids may help to: Lower blood pressure
thepast123
Friend

Postby Twacky » Tue May 02, 2017 5:08 am

I'm taking coQ10 and inositol for egg health, multivitamin, Omegas for CM, Red Clover tea for general fertility. Got pg for the first time ever in March so something's working. Sadly it ended very early but I have hope :-)
fx for all of us
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby thepast123 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:13 am

bulldogsmom wrote:Was just wondering what everyone was taking while TTC.

I currently am taking
Fish Oil
Vitamin E, B6, B12, C
Folic Acid
Women's Multivitamin

I take these throughout my cycle. Do you think buy protein supplements online it is too much? Should I add anything else? I'm just unsure what the best thing to take would be.

Hi
According to me, you are taking sufficient amount of supplement, now don't add on anything else.As you said you are unsure about what is the best thing to take?? So in my advice, Women's Multivitamin is the best option Because Multivitamin provide you an array of essential vitamins and minerals. Taking a multivitamin every day may provide several health benefits such as Illness Recovery, Dietary Restrictions, Prenatal Health and Lower Birth Anomalies and much more.
Thanks
thepast123
Friend

Return to TTC Your First Baby