One year mark... WHAT SHOULD I DO??? :(

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

One year mark... WHAT SHOULD I DO??? :(

Postby Baby_Bumble_Bee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:50 am

well... The beginning of this mark marks the 1 year date since I have been off birth control... and 8 months since we have been trying. We werent ever careful once I got off BC, but I wasnt charting or anything like that ( I thought this would be an easy process). I'm just wondering should I continue to try for another few months or is it time for me to go get some testing done??

I'm 24, average weight, just had my thyroid tested that was normal, took one of those home fertility tests that came back good...things seem to be in fine working order, but i'm still not pregnant. I know there are many other factors that play into getting pregnant, but im just stating that the obvious things that can prevent pregnancy are normal :)

If there is anyone out there who has gone to the doctor for help can you please just let me know what I can expect?? and If you had any success. Also, how long did you wait before you were seen by a doc?

Thank you to all of you who respond. This has been one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. I dont have any friends or family that have gone through this and i'm sick of hearing things like "it will happen when its suppose to" and "just dont think about it" ... people who havent gone through this just dont understand. You all have given me the help and support that I need. THANK YOU and BABY DUST TO ALL!!!!
TTC for 1 1/2 years for baby #1 , DX: PCOS August 2012, Angel Baby, May 2011
Baby_Bumble_Bee
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsR » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:54 pm

BBB,

If you have been having unprotected intercourse at the right time of the cycle for 12 months and you are aged under 35, it's time to get checked out. There may be no problem and you just need another couple of months of trying, but it is appropriate for you and your partner to be tested formally if you have not conceived after 12 months.

The tests involved will mainly make sure that:
- you are ovulating
- your partner is making enough healthy sperm
- your tubes are clear, so sperm and egg can meet.

Good luck. I hope your dreams come true soon. This is a very difficult time in our lives.
MrsR
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Baby_Bumble_Bee » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Thank you for your response and sorry it took me so long to write back :)

I ended up making an appointment and getting blood work done, everything came back normal so my doctor wants to do an SA and test my husbands testosterone, only problem with that is, is that he works out of town all week so finding a time for him to go in is going to be kind of hard.

Currently I am in the TWW.. 8dpo and high temps so thats a good sign :)
TTC for 1 1/2 years for baby #1 , DX: PCOS August 2012, Angel Baby, May 2011
Baby_Bumble_Bee
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC Your First Baby