Thoughts on Clomid

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Thoughts on Clomid

Postby ShanJan116 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:11 am

Hi Ladies,

After months of stalking this site, I've finally decided to post. My husband and I have been trying to conceive since August 2011. I have never been one to have regular cycles and I was on birth control from ages 19-24. Unfortunately my cycle irregularity saga continues even after being off of the pill for 18 months. My cycles over the last year have been anywhere from 28 days to 70 days. I started using OPK's in January 2012 and received positive tests on CD 30 and CD 36 the following month. My luteal phases have been a solid 14 days but my bleeding is pretty light for about 3-4 days. I started taking FertilAid and vitamin B6 in January to help regulate my cycles but I felt as though ovulation was being delayed even further. I stopped taking the vitamins and started drinking aloe vera juice in the hopes of shortening my cycles. So far I'm on CD 21 with no signs of O in site. My doctor seems to attribute my cycle irregularity to working night shifts (I'm a nurse) and I worry that he might be ignoring an underlying problem. I realize I have not been TTC for a whole year yet but I was wondering if anyone else has met resistance from their doctors with trying to pursue fertility options sooner than the magic one year mark. From the research I've done independently, it sounds like Clomid would help me ovulate sooner and produce stronger eggs. I don't want to spend what is left of my 20s waiting around to get pregnant while the time ticks by! I'd love to hear from anyone with similar experiences. Thanks!
ShanJan116
Friend

Return to TTC Your First Baby