Is Mother's Day a struggle for anyone else?

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Is Mother's Day a struggle for anyone else?

Postby janellev » Thu May 10, 2012 6:57 am

My DH and I have been TTC for over 2 years now and this will be the 3rd Mother's Day since we began trying. For some reason the 1st two I was fine with but this year it is hitting me harder. I think it may be becasue I have so many friends who have recently become mothers and also 2 sister-in-laws who are pregnant (one is due tomorrow). It's just that being a mom has been my dream since I can remember and I just don't understand why it has to be so difficult! It's never fun at church on Mother's Day when they have all the mothers stand up to honor them...people not in our situations just don't understand how hard it can be!
janellev
Friend

Postby snowgirl09 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi janellev. I feel you girl. I didn't have any trouble with holidays until we started TTC. It just made them harder, especially if you feel like there is no one who understands what you are going through. It is very emotional and heartbreaking month after month. We have been married for 2.5 years and ttc #1 since January 2012. These past 5 months have been terribly difficult with so many announcing #2, my SIL is pg and it just seems like there are babies everywhere you turn. And definitely mother's day is a tough one, especially for us who want to be mothers so badly. It is bittersweet. Because we are happy for those who have the baby, but we want one so badly that it just hurts the heart. But hang in there girl. Your time will come. It really will. And when it does, it will be so amazing and magical and you will cherish every moment of it!
snowgirl09
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lcp710 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:15 am

I am right there with you gals. DH and I have been TTC#1 for over 15 months and are on our 2nd cycle of 50mg of Clomid. Pretty much all of my friends have a baby, and many are having or pregnant with #2. I'm trying to stay positive and I am trying out acupuncture this month. And you're right...people in our situation just don't get it. My mom drives me nuts about it, saying how she never had fertility problems so she doesn't understand why I'm not pregnant yet. But DH is incredibly supportive, and I am so glad I found this website - it's been so helpful during my toughest times :)

FX and baby dust to you both! Here's hoping for a Valentine's Day miracle :)

Leigh
lcp710
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Jillian2012 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:54 am

I am right there with you ladies!

I just feel like so many friends around me are either preggers or recently had babies. Of course I am happy for them, but it's hard for me. It seems like they became preggers sooooooo easily & DH & I have been trying for 7 months now. It's also hard to see all of the posts on FB etc.

I just have to keep telling myself that my time will come when it's supposed to.

**BABY DUST** for all of you!!!

Happy Soon-to-be-Mother's-Day for all of you!!!!!!!!!! :D
Married July 1, 2011

Jillian - 31 :love: Andrew - 37

TTC #1 since December 2011
Ruptured a cyst on my right ovary, May 2012
Chemical Pregnancy, June 2012
HSG performed, February 2013 ~ Tubes all clear!
Round #1 of Clomid ~ February 2013
Round #2 of Clomid ~ March 2013
Round #3 of Clomid ~April 2013
Round #4 of Clomid and IUI ~ May 2013
Round #5 of Clomid and IUI ~ June 2013
Round #6 of Clomid and double IUI ~ July 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

*God opens millions of flowers without forcing the buds.
It reminds us to not force anything, for things happen in the right time.*
Jillian2012
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby snowgirl09 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks ladies.

Yup we just have to keep the faith and know that our turn is coming. It is hard to be in this position but let's lean on each other and we will be mothers one day...sooner hopefully rather than later. God is watching us and he will provide.

I love it Jillian

Happy Soon-to-be-Mother's Day to you all as well.

FX, prayers and baby dust!!
snowgirl09
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

I know what you mean girl!!

Postby JBrownCMB » Mon May 14, 2012 5:50 pm

My DH and I have been married for 4 years this thursday and we are starting year three of no baby. This mother's day was the worst so far. I am a bank teller and all my customers kept wishing me happy mother's day... I really just wanted to punch them in the face :( I know I know!!! Bad, but sooo the truth.. it didn't help that AF started last wednesday so I was already in a grumpy mood!

We gotta just keep trying!
JBrownCMB

Return to TTC Your First Baby