does size matter? DUMB question

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

does size matter? DUMB question

Postby jmendez84 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Ok, so I tend to believe I'm a pretty smart gal and I do a lot of reading and research on anything new I'm trying to figure out. Now, I haven't done research on this particular topic because I wanted to get real people advice and feedback first. Ok, so here goes (this is going to sound incredibly naive and silly)

Does a man's penis size affect conception? My husband is not very large and at times in the past cycles I have felt that he's slipped out during BD and perhaps that affected our chances of conceiving. How far in does the guy need to be so that his boys make it to where they need to go? I also noticed that if I orgasm with him or before he does that's when I tend to push him out (without meaning to of course). Can any of this hinder our process? And if so, anything we can do?

Bought preseed (although I always have A LOT of CM) just to see if it helps us get our BFP. Thanks for any input and I am aware that I probably should have learned this stuff in health class, but here I am...
jmendez84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby girliegirl7 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:44 pm

You're comment about your man's penis slipping out made me chuckle. Sorry, hope that's OK to say! I just read and write about such daunting things like not being to conceive and this was a good smile :) Anyway, as long as he ejaculates in you, size shouldn't matter. I am no expert but as long as he has healthy sperm and he ejaculates inside of you, you're doing what you need to do. I know people who have gotten pregnant just from pre-ejaculate with pulling out since some seeps out before a man comes. How long have you been TTC? If it's been awhile and you're worried about his sperm, you might want him to get a SA. Good luck!!!

TTC #1 since April 2011
girliegirl7
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby jmendez84 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks for your reply! I read up on it last night after I posted this and all of what I read said the same thing you did. We started trying in November had a M/C in Jan at 7-8wks and started trying again as soon as the doc said it was ok March- now...no luck as of yet. Although we are both teachers and have all of July off so we are really focusing our efforts this month.

I'm using OPK's for the first time, bought the preseed (but haven't needed to use it yet) and DTD every other day (really trying to anyway). I'm not supposed to ovulate until next week, so for now we're just trying to keep it fun and interesting without stress. :)
jmendez84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Swtshae » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:14 pm

jmendez84, it takes a year for a healthy couple to conceive (healthy meaning there are no fertility issues) and because you've been pregnant before, I'm sure you're fine now. I would relax a little and maybe try OPKs to make sure you're BDing on the right days. I also bought preseed this month and will give it a try because I hear such good things about it. Maybe since you have it, you want to give it a try.

So with that said, I'm sure SIZE doesn't matter :wink: As long as it's good... you'll be fine!

Good luck!
Swtshae
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: does size matter? DUMB question

Postby Jessicarabbit1987 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:06 am

Lol @ it slipping out...too funny. As long as the sperm is deposited inside then you are good to go. I hope you don't mind me laughing about it slipping out. I have a friend who was with a guy and it would stay in no matter what.
Jessicarabbit1987

Return to TTC Your First Baby