Two Week Wait? I wish.

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Two Week Wait? I wish.

Postby ajlj26 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:28 am

Hi guys, I'm new here! My husband and I have been TTC since January. I was on NuvaRing for about 6 months before January, when I took it out. I used to be pretty regular, AF showed up every 28 or 29 days, without fail.
Since I have stopped using NuvaRing in January (9 months ago!) I have had a total of 3 AF's. They only show up one every 2 1/2 or 3 months now! As you can imagine, this is extremely frustrating!! I can't help but get my hopes up MONTH after MONTH after MONTH! Every time AF is late, I get excited, I test obsessively, and .. BFN every time!

I talked to my OB/GYN and he said that this is a frequent complaint he gets from ex-NuvaRing users. (Ummm...hello, why did you give it to ME then!!??) :doh: He said it causes "temporary infertility" in most users!
I don't really have a question, I just wanted to vent and to let you all know- DO NOT use NuvaRing! And if you have, and you're having a hard time conceiving like me, PLEASE PLEASE spread the word to all of your family and friends! This product needs to be banned.

Thanks for lending me your "ears" for a while! :mrgreen:
ajlj26
Friend

Re: Two Week Wait? I wish.

Postby Christycheri » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Thank you do much for your post! I was on the ring for about four months and took it out this past feb because it maker my hair fall out in clumps, gave me heart palpitations and shortness of breath! The first few months after I had it out my LP was only 8 days long!!! I'm so frustrated that we are still not pregnant.

I turn 33 next Monday and really want a belated BFP (AF is suppose to come on the 30th and I have a baby shower to attend to on that day as well.

I'm 1DPO and am already going crazy...I really hope the ring didn't screw up ferility!
Christycheri
Friend

Return to TTC Your First Baby