TTC after 12 years of hormonal birth control

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC after 12 years of hormonal birth control

Postby khamsamiya » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi Friends!

I have a question about TTC after years and years of Hormonal birth control.

My DH and I have are now TTC for 3 months now. I started taking hormonal birth control when I was 19 years old, I am now 31 and have taken a break from it until 3 months ago when we decided to 'pull the trigger' and try and get pregnant. The most recent hbc I used was Nuva Ring, I have used that for the past 6 years.

Can anyone shed any light on or offer any knowledge on TTC after so many years of regulated hormones. I have heard many different things, ie: the hormones stay in your body for 6 months to a year, you won't produce your own hormones for years, or that is doesn't really an effect your body at all.

To be clear, as I was taking the Nuva ring for only the past few years, I was recommended by my doctor to take it continuously (switching the ring out and immediately replace with a new one) so I would not have a period at all. This was to curb migraines. The first month I was off, I did start my period exactly on time and have been extremely regular all 3 months... any input, advice, or experience with this would be so graciously appreciated. It would also be passed along to other friends who are wondering the same thing!

Much love friends!!
Khamsa!
khamsamiya

Return to TTC Your First Baby