TTC after coming off the pill

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC after coming off the pill

Postby Pink880 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi everyone. I went off the pill back in early April... been ttc since then. The last 2 cycles I've taken progesterone and this month was my first cycle taking clomid. Just wondering if others have had similar experience coming off the pill and if clomid was helpful? I have been using opk's and have had positive tests although no ovulation yet. Just had a positive opk this morning, cd17, so crossing fingers!!
TTC #1 since April 2012

April 2012 stopped pill
May/June got period
July-Sept no period
Sept- diagnosed with PCOS, progesterone to start cycle, did not ovulate
Oct- 50mg Clomid, low progesterone, bfn
Nov- 100mg Clomid, bfn
late Dec-Jan- 100mg Clomid, didn't work, changed dr
Feb/Mar- infertility dr, hsg- no blockages, clomid (unsuccessful), injections, trigger shot, 1st IUI 3/17- bfn
April- Letrozole (femara) cd3-7, 2nd iui 4/21, call if no period by may 6

My Ovulation Chart
Pink880
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: TTC after coming off the pill

Postby sacb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:51 am

Oh I am not trying not preventing, but this is my first month off the pill since I started taking extended last August (Not the brand names, been using a regular monophasic as an extended). I do not take progesterone or clomid. So I can't answer your question. I just want to know though if you or anybody had pregnancy like symptoms coming off Birth control in their first month? If so please respond. Thank you!
sacb
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pink880 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:55 am

I had what I thought was my period 3 weeks after stopping... had a positive opk the 2nd week so I was all "off." :/ No pregnancy symptoms though.
TTC #1 since April 2012

April 2012 stopped pill
May/June got period
July-Sept no period
Nov- 100mg Clomid, bfn
Feb/Mar- infertility dr, hsg- no blockages, clomid (unsuccessful), injections, trigger shot, 1st IUI 3/17- bfn

My Ovulation Chart
Pink880
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sacb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:56 am

*runs to the bathroom to take an ovulation test* you just made me think I may be ovulating late, if I am a test may show it.

Update: and not ovulating, makes me think I'm pregnant even more.
Last edited by sacb on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
sacb
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pink880 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:00 am

Yeah especially coming off the pill if you were irregular before, or even if not, it'll take time to adjust back to normal. My cycles were never 28 days so I didn't even know when i'd be ovulating. Still haven't after 6 months off the pill.. hopefully this cycle tho!
TTC #1 since April 2012

April 2012 stopped pill
May/June got period
July-Sept no period
Nov- 100mg Clomid, bfn

My Ovulation Chart
Pink880
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sacb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Yeah took a blood test today at the Doctors, negative, I expect Aunt Flow in 5 to 6 days. My periods were pretty regular off the pill before I took it, I am basically thinking they are going to be pretty regular even off the pill. Had really awful heavy periods why I wanted on extended in the first place. Now I am going to try endovan, so hopefully it can help balance my hormones, its not a cure of course, but it may help. Been writing this on all the topics today that I posted on, so if you see it on another post thats okay. Just don't know, I am feeling very ill right now, could be birth control or something. It could be possible that the blood test was wrong because it was even too early for that, we will see. I do not know. I just know I expect Aunt Flow because 5 days before a blood test should be able to pick it up.
sacb
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sacb » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:26 pm

This thread has gone silent. My biggest fear right now, is that my body is so out of sync, I may be pregnant, and my body doesn't recognize it as pregnant, just as hormone getting back into sync, and by the time it does recognize the pregnancy, I fear I may miscarry.

I've heard that I shouldn't worry until it actually happens, however, I still do regardless of what people say. I know a lot of people are just trying to be reassuring that there may be nothing wrong. Since all my tests have been negative so far, I may have nothing to worry about. However I have that tiny little feeling (and it is tiny because I really try not to listen to my feelings too much), that I am pregnant regardless of the tests. The latest I could have ovulated was November 3rd. The latest I could have implanted, 2 days ago. Heard of slow to rise hCG levels, and that is where I'm getting my fear of miscarriage.

Its late and I'm tired, and this posting may make no sense. However I hope it does at least make some sense. My hormones are going all crazy, it may be possible my body has not registered pregnancy yet.
sacb
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby DMT » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:23 am

Hello Everyone,

I realize that my post is super delayed, but I just discontinued the patch at the start of December. My normal "withdraw" period took place from Dec 6-9, which I expected. I'm pretty new at the TTC thing. I haven't charted CM/BBT (ha! I'm learning the TTC lingo) at all. My DH felt that we should not try and not prevent, but this weekend, I told him that we should actually try. In my current cycle, I started my period on December 30th and it ended January 3 or 4. We BD (if I remember correctly) Jan 8th, 10/11, and a couple of times last week. Prior to starting the patch, my cycles were normal...like clockwork...hellish..but very regular. I LOOOOOOOOOVED the patch for all that it did for me: extremely predictable cycles, worry free unprotected BD with my new husband, and NO PMS!!! The sucky thing about coming off the patch is that, now, I have to relearn my cycle. Ugg. So to the point, my first period after the patch was 24 days, so I'm assuming that it will be 24 days this time, but have no clue. For the past little over a week, I've had a terrible stomach virus (yuck)...which made my stomach so upset...but the discomfort I was experiencing was someone similar to the feeling of AF cramps...yet no AF. Because I was curious, Sunday, I took a preg test and it was a BFN. Today, as I'm typing this post, I have those same AF cramps/feelings...but my stomach is still upset too. I guess...long story short, I'm kinda confused about the physical feelings I'm having (AF or same stomach bug)? How long did it take for your cycles to regulate after B/C? What have you done to get in the TTC game, so to speak? I'm ready to be preggo...as I'm sure we all are on this site!
DMT
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby DMT » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:25 am

Oh, I forgot to say that AF is expected tomorrow...if the 24 day cycle still holds. Also, thanks for letting me ramble...if anyone is still checking! :-)
DMT
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Your First Baby