Passing time on TWW Fun ways to tell DH when I get BFP?

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Passing time on TWW Fun ways to tell DH when I get BFP?

Postby GoGoGadget » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi Ladies, I'm just trying to pass the time on my TWW and wondering if anyone is dreaming up fun ways to tell DH that you got a BFP.
I figure that as the woman, I get a lot of the excitement of early symptoms that he doesn't get to experience, so maybe he should get to read the test stick first?
I'm thinking (if/when AF is late) I'll tell him to go and buy a test kit by himself, then I'll pee on it and leave it in the sink without looking at it. Then he can go in and see if it changes to a BFP. Either way, (BFP/BFN) I know he'll break the news to me in a good way. Any thoughts??
me... just turned 29
DH ...about to turn 28
TTC #1...since July 2012
not using any prediction kits, just partying in the bedroom and TRYING not to think about it (HA HA)
GoGoGadget
Friend

Re: Passing time on TWW Fun ways to tell DH when I get BFP?

Postby bazil323 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:48 am

That's a great way to do it! I've heard lots of versions of the woman giving the positive test to DH as a gift, or saying "I don't feel so good, and I can't get this thermometer to work" and handing him the positive test (esp. using the digitals so he can read it easily). Those are kinda cute, but not that inventive.

My hubby came up with this idea on how to break it to our parents, which could easily be adjusted for telling hubs, especially if you go in for a blood test. Sit him down and be super serious and say, "I went to the doctor today, and he said there is a growth in my stomach (or parasite, lol). He said it might make me feel sick for a while but shouldn't be too serious, but it has to grow for a while before they can safely take it out. He figured I have about 9 months..." and wait to see if he makes the connection. We'll probably do that for our parents since we're keeping ttc a secret until we get a pos or one of the few friends/family we've told spills the beans. It probably won't work as good if they/he already knows about ttc.
Me: 26
DH: 28 on 2/8
Anniversary: 10/6/06
Baby girl born 11/11/13

TTC Journey:
6/6/12: Switched to Mirena from Depo-Provera (last shot in April 2012)
10/10/12: Mirena removed
11/15/12: First official AF since BC
12/10/12: Second AF since BC, but spotting since 12/3/12
1/17/13: First confirmed ovulation since BC!
1/31/13: MC at approximately 2 weeks from conception
3/1/13: Started a run of 6 days of pink to red spotting (mostly red!) and then another couple of more light pink & brown leading to...
3/5/13: BFP!!! At 15 dpo. Baby #1 due Nov. 7, 2013, by LMP or by O date closer to Nov. 12th, 2013!
11/11/13: Beautiful baby girl born at home in the water
bazil323
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GoGoGadget » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:22 am

WOW! That is hilarious about the "growth in my stomach" prank! - I can just see the look on my Mum's face if we tried to pull that on them - she'd probably fall over!
I like to think up ways of telling people and looking online for what other people have done for telling people about BFP, what gender the baby is, etc.
I saw online about a couple who had a friend/sister open a sealed envelope from the Dr saying it was a girl and then they got a whole bunch of helium balloons in pink in a big cardboard box, then at a baby shower party for the whole family, the couple opened the box and all the pink balloons flew out!

When i spend time thinking about this sort of fun stuff, it makes to two week wait slightly more bearable!
me... just turned 29
DH ...about to turn 28
TTC #1...since July 2012
not using any prediction kits, just partying in the bedroom and TRYING not to think about it (HA HA)
GoGoGadget
Friend

Postby Babyrogers » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:46 am

I decided I'm telling my fiancé by taking him out to A&W where I work and buying him a papa burger and myself a mama burger and a baby burger. He wanted to tell his parents this way but because I work there it wouldn't work because I would have to get them to write grandma on mil bag and put fil burger into a grandpa bag and that would alert everyone working to my pregnancy. But DF will eat a papa burger if I bring it to him, he will get it
Babyrogers

Postby gillybobs » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 am

Not really thought about how to announce, but a lady near me makes cakes to reveal the sex. The girls get the sex of the baby, but have it put into a sealed envelope and pass it on to the cake maker, she colours the sponge in pink or blue and ices the cake in both. Won't be revealed til you cut the cake to reveal the coloured sponge. great for baby showers.
gillybobs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BunOne » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:40 am

DH and I have thought of ways to tell our parents, but I want a way to surprise him! He knows I recently got a BFN, and said "it's ok, we have next month. and the month after that, and the month after that...." But I tested WAY too early, (not supposed to test until Friday at the EARLIEST) So if I test, and is a BFP I want to surprise him!

I'm thinking of buyng a onsie, that says "Sorry Dad, Those are MY Boobs now" (saw it at a store in the mall.. LOVED IT!),or writing on my tummy "No Vacancy" or "Occupied" with an arrow. (he always kisses my tummy, saying it'll be good luck.) ''

What do you think?
BunOne

Postby gillybobs » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:28 pm

They're ace bunone mite have to pinch them
gillybobs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby buzybee » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 pm

Haha. I like the thermometer one. Last preggo i wokeup at 3am to test, snd got my first bfp. Woke dh by shaking him. He was surpriaed.
buzybee

Postby mmm3v » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:40 pm

I have never thought of how to tell DH. With my m/c BFP, he was in the bathroom when I tested.I always wanted to tell our parents by having them over for dinner and fixed baby carrotts, baby spinach, baby back ribs, baby corn... you know all baby related food. I got this idea from Full House :) Check out the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6lChkMu2V8

Babyrogers - I like the idea of the pape & mamma burgers! Do they really have burgers that are named that? lol

Brazil - I freaking love that idea!!! I would love to tell someone like that. However, both families know we are TTC. Last time we told immediate family right away, but we will proabably weight until we hear a heartbeat this time.
05/12 - married & off BC
09/12 - BFP
11/12 - MC at 12 weeks - blighted ovum
12/12 - 1st cycle temping & OPK (BFN)
01/13 - BFN
02/13 - No OPKs or temping
3/7/13 - BFP! Due Nov 17th
11/9/13 - DD 7 lbs 1 oz
12/14 - trying for #2

My Ovulation Chart
mmm3v
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby memesbaby » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:56 am

Bunone- looove the onsie idea! I'm going to have to look into that. AF is suppose to start for me on the 6th, so if I can wait until the 14th, I was thinking of giving him a vday card that says "happy valentines day daddy" on the front. And tape the positive test on the inside of the card. That is of course if I can keep it to myself for 8 more day!
BFP on April 26, 2013!!!
after mc @ 6 weeks +2 - feb. 2013

me (29) dh (29) - together for 7.5 years

My Ovulation Chart

memesbaby
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby mmm3v » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:16 pm

That sounds like a very sweet idea! It will be hard to keep the secret that long tho.
05/12 - married & off BC
09/12 - BFP
01/13 - BFN
11/9/13 - DD 7 lbs 1 oz
12/14 - trying for #2

My Ovulation Chart
mmm3v
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsalte » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:20 pm

I love all these ideas!!! So fun! I don't think I would be able to keep it a secret from dh for a single second. I would be way too excited.

me: 24 dh:23
ntnp: 2009 ttc: 092011
mrsalte

Postby mmm3v » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Yeah. AF is due the 12th so if I test a few days before then it will only be like 5 days before V-day. I really want my BFP so I can have a super special way to tell DH!
05/12 - married & off BC
09/12 - BFP
01/13 - BFN
11/9/13 - DD 7 lbs 1 oz
12/14 - trying for #2

My Ovulation Chart
mmm3v
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sillycar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:57 pm

It's funny I came across this post because my DH and I were reading similar posts on another forum a few weeks ago. My husband said that he actually would be really upset if I were testing without him. He said he wants to be there any time I take a HPT and wait three minutes with me and find out together. I was surprised he was adamant that he would want that. Just thought I would mention in case any of your husbands might surprise you and be disappointed not to have been part of the testing process. I had thought in my mind of a few ways to tell him and was like, um, good thing he said something so I know not to test alone!
Me: 31
DH: 26
Married April 23, 2011
Trying for our first
Southbury, Connecticut
Sillycar

Postby mmm3v » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:22 pm

Thanks for the heads up Sillycar! I probably should think about that. I dont want him to be upset if I didnt share with him when I was POAS.
05/12 - married & off BC
09/12 - BFP
01/13 - BFN
11/9/13 - DD 7 lbs 1 oz
12/14 - trying for #2

My Ovulation Chart
mmm3v
Girlfriend