Anyone else find the my body is amazing photo offensive?

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anyone else find the my body is amazing photo offensive?

Postby rivvyb513 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:04 pm

I don't have the ability to post it at the moment but there's this photo going around facebook that I see occasionally that basically says 'my body is amazing because it's had four hands and feet, two hears exc I am a mom' It really gets to me because we're on month 7 of ttc and it's getting to the point where I'm thinking there's a real possibility we may never have kids. So I guess my body sucks because I can't manage to get pregnant? I just think there's such a hatred for women who can't have kids. It's always 'oh, you don't have kids you don't understand'. As if I'm left out of this super special club. It's not my fault I can't have kids as easily as others can. I even feel like the people on here who have a child or two are just way above me because at least they have one or two. I may never get to experience it at all. I'm probably being overly sensitive, but I find it hurtful that there's so much love for mothers out there and very little being said about those who can't have children or have issues having children but want them.
rivvyb513
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Anyone else find the my body is amazing photo offensive?

Postby gillybobs » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:41 am

Hugs rivvy, hate it when people post all them kinda things on FB, and say when you have kids you'll understand, so insensitive, especially from ppl who know what difficulties I'm going thru. CHin up x
gillybobs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby rivvyb513 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Most of the time it's no big deal but as more time passes I get more sensative. I feel like people always put mothers on a pedistool and those who don't have kids are looked down on. Not that mothers aren't amazing, but some of us just can't have kids or can't have them as easily. I think that it's equally amazing to have spent so much time and effort trying to make a child as it is spending that time with an actual child. And my best friend who's infertile is super amazing too because she's managed to not totally lose it over the fact that she probably can't have kids and still leads an amazing life. Infertile people don't get nearly enough credit.
rivvyb513
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tak024 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:07 am

I haven't seen it floating around (I actually had go Google it!), but just wanting to chime in that having all the pregnant friends on Facebook complaining about the hormones messing with them and being tired of carrying the baby and wanting it out already has really gotten to me. I would absolutely love to be able to experience even part of what they go through!

I'm sorry, I know they can post whatever they want and I can ignore them if I wanted, but after almost 2 years of trying and finding out I have a disorder that gives me 50% of having a live birth and about 95% chance of pre term labor (as early as 22 weeks) and c-section, frankly I'm tired of hearing about them complaining about their 2nd+ (even first) pregnancies when they didn't even have to try!

(Sorry for my rant :oops: )
TTC since April 2011
DH (27): Perfectly normal (w/mucinex) *March 2013
Me (25): Unicornuate uterus *December 2012 / Endometriosis removed *April 2013
Clomid: *April 2013 - August 2013 (First ever BFP July @ 11 DPO -CP)
Femara: *November 2013 - February 2014 (All BFN)
Gonal F/Ovidrel/Crinone: *March 2014 (BFN)
Femara/Gonal F/Ovidrel/Crinone: *April 2014 (3 cycles)
Depo for endometriosis: August/October 2014/April 2015
*Back on the waggon*
tak024
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby rivvyb513 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:53 pm

yep, I hate those 'being pregnant sucks' posts. Or the ones where people with babies talk about how they wish someone else would take their kid or they're selling their kid. If they don't appreciate their child I'll take it. I know having kids is hard and being pregnant is hard, but it sucks to see so much negativity about something that I would love to have. I'm sure if I had one child and couldn't have another I'd be sad, but at least I would get to experience having one. We've still got a shot but I'm getting discouraged and thinking it may never happen for us.
rivvyb513
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby gillybobs » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:45 pm

AAw rivvy we will, I'm sure. I know it doesn't feel like it most of the tIme but surely it'll happen to us all eventually. you sound really down in your last post.(((hugs))) been quite weepy myself today just not sure why, had my hsg, tummy cramps, friends thinking I'm a nothing... little chat with the bf helped, such a patient man. CHin up rivvy new year soon new start xxx
gillybobs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby rivvyb513 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:26 pm

I've been super down lately because we had expected it to take up to 6 months, but now that we've hit that mark it's starting to really hit me that we may have an issue. My husband is finally wanting a baby really bad which I thought would be nice but it just makes me feel even worse. I totally starting crying during foreplay tonight because I feel like it's pointless lately.
rivvyb513
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby gillybobs » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:41 am

I've got upset afterwards, just think how can it be so nice, and nothing happen. Bf wants one as much as me, but says we still got each other. ALways felt that I wanted a baby so someone could love me. I know bf does so eases the pain a bit... just a bit ha
gillybobs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC Your First Baby