Help, Why Can't I Get Pregnant?

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Help, Why Can't I Get Pregnant?

Postby keepingtrying » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:29 pm

me and my partner have been trying for 7 months to have a baby, unfortunately 3 of those months we were not able to have sex a lot due to my partner being away and only coming back for a few weekends. I stopped all methods of birth control almost a year ago, we have intercourse almost every day. My periods when I was young were all over the show, but have sorted itself out since stopping birth control to around every 25 - 30 days. I'm really worried about whether I can actually get pregnant, I have very recently started to take my basal temperature, and my temperature is around 35.8 - 36.3 C but as I understand that's really low, could this be why I am struggling to get pregnant? I used to smoke fairly badly, but I quit just under a year ago.
keepingtrying

Re: Help, Why Can't I Get Pregnant?

Postby Maz882 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 am

Hey Hun, sorry you haven't got your bfp yet. Firstly I'd like to say that even tho you've been trying for 9 months if only 4 of them have had good bd schedule then that may have something to do with it. Even if everything is right, ie no fertility issues and bd schedule is good then there is still only a 20% chance of getting pregnant each cycle (ugh I know I'm sorry it's frustrating to hear that). I don't know about low basal body temps but I would be surprised if that was causing a problem. When temping its not so much about the actual temps but more the overal pattern and a shift in temps (biphasic pattern) that I think is more important.

Temping is such a good idea. My cycles were 28 days and I always assumed I ovulated day 14, after 5 months unsuccessful TTc I started temping and found I actually Od around cd17-23 (my luteal phase was super short some cycles). I was unknowingly stopping bd'ing too early. Keep temping and if you see the biphasic shift you can be certain you ovulate which is half the battle. I know it's hard to hear but it might just take a little more time.

Hope this helps, hope you get you bfp really soon xxx
MC at 10 weeks October 2012
DS1 - Jamie Arthur born 3rd September 2013, 8ib 4oz
MC September 2014 at 7 weeks
Maz882
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Help, Why Can't I Get Pregnant?

Postby dove0813 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Try to have intercourse every other day from a couple of days before your ovulation week through to the end.
Don't get up immediately after intercourse each time. Just lay there for about ten minutes or so. I conceived
that same month, and that was the first time we tried. Crossing (xx) fingers for ya! :)
dove0813

Return to TTC Your First Baby