Will it ever happen?

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Will it ever happen?

Postby NewMrsB » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Hello! Could do with some support..

I stopped using BC 3 years ago (March 2010) we have had periods of active TTC, charting etc, and periods of just having regular BD and seeing what happens. Not one BFP in that time. Well not one BFP ever.

Had the tests, all checked out fine for both of us, so our infertility is unexplained, which is hard to deal with as I like to be in control and know why something isn't happening, you know? Started on clomid Dec 2012 but only did 2 cycles as the side fx were pretty bad and I was so devastated when AF showed that I couldn't take it anymore so stopped charting, stopped clomid and we just maintained BD'ing when we felt like it (which prob isn't often enough).

Then one month I spotted on CD16, and was so excited as I never spot so I thought, wow, that must be O bleed. But it got heavier and lasted for 5 days. Had lots of tests done at the docs and they didn't find a reason for it, and the net cycle was normal length for me, 26 days. Doc said maybe it had something to do with the clomid. The good thing about that is that I saw a new doc and she actually cared about our TTC journey rather than just referring us back to the gynae who just said clomid for 6-9 months then if you're not pregnant by your 34th bday (nov this year) I would recommend IVF.

The doc re-ran my ultrasound (they found a cyst last time) and it was all clear, and my bloods, that showed a low prog. Which maybe means I didn't O that cycle.
Now, I feel ready again, and we have a plan. I have bought a clearblue fertility monitor to see if I am O'ing, as temping doesn't work for me, and if I am, we'll try using that for another 6 months before considering IVF. If I'm not O'ing, I'll take clomid again.

The curveball is, as I am writing this, I am waiting for AF to show.. And now a tiny part of me is thinking, could this be it? It's probably not, and it will probably come later or tomorrow, and if so it will still be positive as it means my cycle is getting longer (I was worried about a short luteal phase).

Anyway, that's enough from me, anyone else in the same boat as me? All my old TTC buddies are preggers and dont post anymore.
Me: 34
DH: 36
BFP 17.01.2014 after nearly 4 years of TTC#1
6 cycles of clomid - all BFN
Got pregnant the cycle before IVF
MMC 18.03.14 had 12 week scan, baby died at 7+3
Medical management - miscarried 8.4.14
NewMrsB
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Will it ever happen?

Postby Menehune » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 pm

Hope for luck this cycle, but it sounds like you have a plan. That's great! Hang in there!

Best,
M
Me - 36 (PCOS/Endo/polyps), Him - 37
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
MM/C Apr 2010 @ 5wks
Clomid only Sept-Nov 2010
Clomid/IUI Feb-Mar 2011
Acupuncture 2011
IUI #3 Oct 2012
Started Metformin for PCOS
Clomid/IUI #4 Nov 2012
Laparascopy/Hysteroscopy/D&C Dec 2012 - Endo removed from both ovaries and bladder, uterine polyps removed
Clomid/IUI Jan-Mar 2013
Mar 2013 - Acupuncture to prep for IVF
Hysteroscopy/Endo scratch/polyps removed May 2013
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 30 eggs retrieved, 27 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
The twins arrived at 34 weeks, baby boy spent 2 weeks in NICU, baby girl spent 3 weeks in NICU
Menehune
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby NewMrsB » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Thanks so much, sounds like you have been through a lot.. How are you doing?
NewMrsB
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Thully_1980 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Hi there

Can I join you. I'm also TTC#1 and have never gotten a BFP before on a test but I think I might have suffered a chemical pregnancy in December last year...had all the symptoms, breasts super painful, fatigue and hunger for certain foods...how can I forget the morning sickness...but all these symptoms faded and bleeding started. I'm POAS-phobic...so I don't test as often as most!

At the moment I just feel like giving up...I think my body is too messed up and falling pregnant will never happen to us!!! :cry:

My cycles were very regular, but my Dr prescribed clomis-equivalent here in South Africa called Fertomid...and I took them 1 cycle...and my cycle's been messed up ever since. I'm no longer as regular as I was. So last cycle I started eating kiwi fruit and 2 ppl I know ate lots of it and conceived...and my cycle was back on track...which got me very excited :D
Now this cycle I didn't eat as much and my cycle is out of wack once again! :x

So, I just don't know what to do anymore, I just feel like giving up coz I don't think I'll ever get it right. My hubby said this weekend we need to go see the Dr...we'll see what the outcome will be.
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NewMrsB » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi Thully,

Dont give up, you might need a nudge in the right direction, which the doctor will help you with. Keep your chin up and one way or another you will be a mummy :) XX
NewMrsB
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Thully_1980 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:25 am

Hi MrsB

Thank you so much for your kind words...God bless you as well with your own bundle of joy!!!!
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Your First Baby