Frustrated But Feel Like I Shouldn't Be

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Frustrated But Feel Like I Shouldn't Be

Postby PeepBiscuit » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:03 am

Hi Everyone... I am new to the forum but have been checking out the site for a few months now.

Here's the short version of my deal:

Went off pill on May 1, 2013.
Pretty sure I ovulated that month (pain on right side, EWCM). Only one BD in that timeframe though. No BFP in May.
Started using Clearblue OPK in June. Got THREE smiley faces in a row on CD15-17. Also only one BD in that fertile period on CD16. No BFP in June.

So now it's July.... I was trying to take a more "laid back" approach this month, although I did inform DH that perhaps only BDing one time during the fertile period was not going to cut it. Ha ha. I only had one OPK test left from June, so I decided to wait and use it on CD15 to see if I would get the smiley again. Sure enough, that little guy popped up right on schedule. We managed to BD on CD 15 and 16 this month. On CD16 I had pretty severe ovulation pains, again on my right side. At 4DPO I had a crazy vivid dream that I got a BFP. I was pretty pissed when I woke up and realized it was a dream. LOL. At 5DPO I had some cramping. Today is 7DPO and I can't say there's anything unusual going on. I also did a FRER test this morning and of course it was negative. In May and June I had crazy sore nipples from ovulation through to AF and this month they aren't really all that sore.

I am just getting bummed out about this. I am 33 and DH is 40 and I feel like we waited so long and now the clock is really ticking for us. Also, I am not sure how long to wait before seeing someone to see if there is an issue. It should be noted that I have always had super regular cycles, as in, you could set the Atomic Clock by them. Never had an irregular pap or anything that would indicate I would have an issue getting preggo. As far as DH's sperm... who knows.

Do you guys think it's crazy to have him checked out if we don't conceive after the August cycle? I feel like I don't want to try for six months only to find out he has a low count or something. Also... how do you keep from going crazy during this time period?!? I feel like I spend the first half of the month waiting for the fertile period and then it's like two days of craziness, and then nothing for two more weeks. Ugh.
PeepBiscuit
Friend

Re: Frustrated But Feel Like I Shouldn't Be

Postby Thully_1980 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:07 am

Hi PeepBiscuit

I don't think you need to be toooo concerned just yet. As much as some women fall pregnant on 1 night stands...others (like US) don't. BDing once per fertile window might be your problem...might!
I'm worried coz me and my hubby BD like rabbits and still nothing :doh:
You should try to BD more in order to increase the chances of the sperm meeting the eggie!
So if you take it easy from your current BD schedule, you'll end up not doing it at all :rofl: from once to nothing.
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PeepBiscuit » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:14 am

Thully-

Yeah, we BD'ed twice this cycle so hopefully that helped. I told DH he was just going to have to suck it up and have more sex with me. Ha ha. You'd think it would be easier to get a man to do that, but as soon as it's for a purpose, it seems like it's not as fun.

I am just annoyed because I keep having these pains on my right side and down into my lower abdomen, like ovulation pains but more achy. Just one more of those things that makes you think "maybe this is it" but then probably means nothing. Stupid progesterone! :)
PeepBiscuit
Friend

Postby Thully_1980 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:46 pm

You are so rigtht...progesterone is CRUEL!!!! It can give us symptoms that can convince us without a doubt that we are preggy :rofl:

But I hope in your case that its something positive.

Your hubby should thank his lucky stars for having a wife who insists on BDing instead of complaining of a headache whenever a man asks for some action :rofl:
To put back the fun, you shouldn't tell him that you want to BD more because of ovulation...this will make him lose some interest :D. Just act sexy and woo him, and get some action :wink:

My current problem is that I don't seem to be ovulating this cycle and its frustrating! I'm BDing a lot coz my hubby just loves to :D. I temp and my temperatures are still low and its so annoying to know that I still haven't released the egg yet :doh:
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PeepBiscuit » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Thully-

Are your cycles pretty regular? Are you using the OPKs at all? For me, I felt like I would not be able to handle the temping so I just used the Clearblue OPK.

How long have you guys been trying?
PeepBiscuit
Friend

Postby mexicanchick718 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Hope im not intruding. We had been trying for 6 months when i finally said come one something is up. So the SA actually showed low motility. Basically the little guys werent moving like they should. It was that month i got my bfp. The only thing i did different was bd everyother day until fertile window and did almost everyday for three days. Oh and i forgot to mention the pillow under my butt and feet against the head board! It worked!! haha. Good luck.
Me: 26 DH: 28
IUD removed: 9/12/12
BFP 5/28/2013
:angel: @ 9wks on 7/11/13
BFP#2 9/23/2013

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
mexicanchick718
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Thully_1980 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi Ladies

Still haven't O'd...according to my temps :doh:

Peep, I used OPKs only one cycle...but I stuck to temping which I'm slowly quitting! Its too frustrating seeing the low temps after 40 days

Mexicanchick, congratulations to you dear :D

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Your First Baby