Finally found help for infertility while TTC baby #1

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Finally found help for infertility while TTC baby #1

Postby mossy_oak99 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Here's a little about our journey for baby #1... My husband(26) and I(22) have been TTC for baby #1 since we got married in January 2009. I went to a couple doctors who didn't seem too interested in helping me. Since I couldn't get help I tried FertilAid and nothing happened. A few months ago we tried adopting through the state only to be told we don't make enough money. I summed it up to me being young and they probably were turned off by that because we actually have a decent income I think they were just looking for an excuse. After the adoption journey fell through I was very upset my heart broke but as women always do I picked myself up and decided to try for a baby again. I finally was referred to a endocrinologist by my new family doctor(she's awesome) that diagnosed me with PCOS. I'm also type 2 diabetic and overweight. I have never had regular periods and I can go a year or two without having one. I also do not ovulate(according to ovulation tests I took 2 months straight). Anyway on Thursday 8/29/13 he prescribed me Provera and Clomid. I'm on day 2 of Provera and VERY hormonal. I've also noticed I'm super tired but not complaining I'm very thankful and happy that I have a diagnosis. It has definitely not been rainbows and unicorns by any means. This is the hardest thing I've ever been through but no matter how much I have cried I refuse to give up on having our own child. I just wanted to share a little of my story because I'm new to the forum and I'm looking forward to chatting with others that are going through this. I believe with god and a positive attitude anything is possible.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."
mossy_oak99

Re: Finally found help for infertility while TTC baby #1

Postby Esperanza19 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:39 am

Hi mossy. :welcome: I'm so sorry that you have so much to deal with but great that you now have a fab dr and you are getting some help. I think it makes it even harder when you TTC in your 20s because everyone thinks that you're young and it will be a breeze plus loads of people think that you should chill out because you have loads of time but it's so frustrating and upsetting when AF keeps showing up :( I had 6 months TTC with my ex-husband (I was 23 he was 25) and I had problems with irregular and really long cycles (not as long as some but still like 45 days) and I also had issues with my lp being as short as 6 days some months. We split straight after month 6 for a lot of reasons. A lot has happened since then and I'm with someone new. We have been together 2 1/2 years and have been actively TTC since April '13. Been doing OPKs and lp seems to have sorted itself out and cycles regulated. Not sure why. I think maybe now I'm in a calm and happy relationship and I'm not stressed out. I have also lost some weight so maybe that has helped. I'm glad you shared a little of your story, I'm pretty new to this too :) Please keep me updated as to how you're getting on.
:babydustb: :babydustg:
Esperanza19
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mossy_oak99 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:42 am

Hi Esperanza! I do think it is really tough in your 20's also. Everyone just assumes you should being popping out babies left and right! I bet being in a better relationship and the weight loss is really helping. I'm hoping to lose a few pounds while doing the Provera and Clomid but my doctor told me to do what I can he didn't seem to think weight loss would be very likely to happen while on these pills but who knows! I do hope you get a BFP very soon! Lots of baby dust to you! I will definitely keep you updated and I hope you do the same!
Me: 22 Hubby: 26
Diagnosis: PCOS - irregular cycles - no ovulation
Clomid Cycle 1: Ovulated - BFN
Clomid Cycle 2: Ovulated - BFN
Cycle 3: Started AF without meds and hoping to ovulate without meds!
Hubbys SA - January 7th
Follow my journey at: http://www.babybattle.wordpress.com
mossy_oak99

Postby Esperanza19 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:34 am

So I got a positive OPK yesterday and my temp went right up today so everything looks like I O'd yesterday. BD timing good this cycle so fingers crossed. And so the tww begins... :fingers crossed:
Don't put too much pressure on yourself with the weight thing, just be sensible and focus on being happy, different drugs can do different things when it comes to weight loss. If your Dr doesn't think it's likely then as I say, don't pressure yourself too much. :) Where abouts in your cycle are you up to?
:babydustb: :babydustg:
Esperanza19
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mossy_oak99 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:42 am

Woohoo I'll pray you get a BFP! I've quit focusing on losing the weight for now this Provera makes me extremely tired so I've just been sleeping really lol. Saturday will be by last day on Provera and I can't wait! I'm ready to try Clomid and see what happens.
Hubbys SA - January 7th
mossy_oak99

Postby Esperanza19 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:02 am

Temp still up. I'm not really that familiar with treatment for PCOS. How does Provera and Clomid actually work? I see so much about it on here but felt a bit stupid :oops:
Esperanza19
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mossy_oak99 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:22 am

Provera makes you have a period and the Clomid will make you ovulate. For me I take Provera 10 days then I'll start a period a few days later and on day 5 of my period I start Clomid and take it for 4 days. It says I'll ovulate 5-10 days after the last Clomid pill.
Hubbys SA - January 7th
mossy_oak99

Postby mossy_oak99 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:07 am

Took my last Provera pill today!!! Waiting to start AF so I can start Clomid on the 5th day (: Woohoo! Any new updates with you?
Hubbys SA - January 7th
mossy_oak99

Postby mossy_oak99 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:19 pm

Hey Esperanza just wanted to check and see if you have any new news. Hope everything is going good for you!
Hubbys SA - January 7th
mossy_oak99

Postby Esperanza19 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Hey mossy, didn't receive notification that there was a reply here...strange. AF showed up on Saturday :( OH getting sperm count checked this month and then of that is all good but no BFP this cycle then getting bloods done on CD5 and CD21 of next cycle to check that I do O. I'm pretty sure I do though through cm, bbt and opks I'm fairly confident that my body is telling me I do. How are things going for you?
Esperanza19
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mossy_oak99 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Aw I was praying you would get BFP!!! Hopefully everything will check out good for both of you! I'm doing alright hanging in there. I have been having some awful cramps the past few days so I'm hoping AF will show up soon so I can get on to trying Clomid.
Hubbys SA - January 7th
mossy_oak99

Postby mossy_oak99 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:49 am

AF showed up this morning! Will start first round of Clomid Monday morning!
Hubbys SA - January 7th
mossy_oak99

Postby Esperanza19 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:25 am

Yaaaay! :happyforyou:

CD6 for me so about a week and a half till I reckon I'll O. This wait is getting almost as bad as tww! OH is filling in forms so I can take them back tomorrow and he can have his DR apt where they arrange everything for sperm count. I'm sure everything will be fine but it will be nice to know one way or another.
Esperanza19
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mossy_oak99 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:04 pm

I know!!! The waiting is AWFUL! Hopefully his count is good I'll say a prayer for you guys tonight. Hopefully our BFPs are around the corner that would be great! :babydustb: :praying: :fingers crossed:
Hubbys SA - January 7th
mossy_oak99

Postby Esperanza19 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:58 am

CD8 today. cm is creamy today. Probably a few more days like this and it will be moving towards egg white. Predicted O is around 29th but I think it might be a little early. Just that I only bled for two days (it was so strange I even took a hpt to be sure!) so I think this may be a slightly shorter cycle.

Not long now till Clomid! :fingers crossed:

Forms are done so just being processed and we will get first apt.
Esperanza19
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to TTC Your First Baby