TTC #1 just started!

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC #1 just started!

Postby Mangito » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:17 pm

So my DH and I have decided to start trying for our first baby. I am very excited as I have wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember.

My cycles have been irregular for years. When I was around 15-16 I could skip several months, then it went to around every 1-2 months. NOW, I was noticing it was getting shorter, anywhere from 45-60 days, sometimes longer.

This has made me worry about conception chances for years, and I have done a lot of research. Recently I have found out about soy isoflavones, and I'm really hoping it will work for me and fast!

I've been using them for the past three cycles and I think they are working, but I found something today that I think was working against me.

I took the cd3-6 at what I thought was 120, 120, 160, 200. The brand was Spring Valley and the front said 40 mg. My cycles did come shorter, 38 days the first time, 39 the second. The third cycle I forgot the 4th day and since we weren't TTC yet (just an experiment to see if it shortened my cycles) I just left it. My cycle was 30 days the third time!

I was excited, but wonder if it was shorter because I missed that day. When I went to buy more, it now said it was 80 mg. I thought it was weird, so I took it home and looked at the old bottle. The old bottle said 40mg on the front, but 80mg in the supplement info!

So I was actually taking 240, 240, 320, 400... way too much! No wonder it worked better when I forgot that day.

Unfortunately, this cycle we decided to start TTC, but it wasn't until I had already taken day 4 that I realized this horrid mistake. So far this cycle I've taken 320, 320, 320, 200...

I feel like my chances this cycle are ruined :'(
Mangito

Return to TTC Your First Baby