TTC After The Pill

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC After The Pill

Postby HennaBlossoms » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:58 pm

Hello ladies! Here it is, my first question! Really stepping out of my comfort zone by doing this, but this seems like a pretty safe space.

My question is about trying to figure out fertility after the Pill. I was on the pill for 9 years due to heavy (okay, UNGODLY heavy) and somewhat irregular periods. Well, I've been off for two full cycles and they were 26 and 28 days long. I am NOT temping as hubs wants to not do anything like that for a little while until things haven't just "happened" for several months. :roll: lol

Anyway, he can't stop me from checking my CM ;)

The problem is, there is no rhyme or reason to it. I either have clumpy white stuff or NOTHING.

Is this normal for coming off the pill? Will I ever start making the stuff again? Is this going to make it hard to get pregnant? Is there something I can do to help the situation? Thanks, ladies!
HennaBlossoms
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: TTC After The Pill

Postby Family starter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:03 am

Hi I was also on be pills for about 9 years, I came off it about 2 years ago though, not because we were ttc then but because I wanted to be rid of anything that increased risk of cancer (unfortunately my mum had just been diagnosed and Ihad aalready lost my dad to leukaemia)
After stopping, my periods became erratic with cycles of 20 to 60ish days. It took about 18months for everything to settle down, I think it just messed with my hormones big time.
I think everyone is different though and different types of pill affect differently. I know people who got pregnant immediately after stopping taking it.
Good luck to you :) I hope you get your BFP soon :)
Me (30) DH (42)

:bfp: 28/09/2013
DS born 11/06/2014 40+6

Faint :bfp: 10/04/2016
DD born 15/12/2016 39+5 VBAC!

My Ovulation Chart
Family starter
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ebc12311 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi Henna! I was on the pill for about 10 years and have been off about 14 months. This is my third cycle TTC. I have found that my CM is not really a reliable way for me to determine when I am going to ovulate. I don't get EWCM just watery CM around O time. It is pretty inconsistent during the rest of my cycle. I use OPK's and have started temping this cycle for the first time. I know you don't want to do that yet but it is so much more reliable for me. You can start temping just to learn more about your cycle without it putting a lot of pressure on the TTC situation. :)
Me: 27
DH: 27
TTC #1 since June 2013
Long Cycles
2 fur babies!!
ebc12311
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Bee Bee » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:17 pm

I was only on the pill for a very short time, maybe a year, when I first started BC, something like 11 years ago.

BUT, I have consistently been on some form of BC since then. Honestly, I dont know if that even makes a difference! (whether its in pill form or not). Anyway, I got my arm implant removed a few weeks ago and all I've had since then is watery CM. Really, I don't even recall times in the past few years where I don't have watery CM (that I've noticed) so I'm not sure its even a reliable method for me. But, I'm charting it anyway. Couldn't hurt right?

I know that my sister was on BC for just as long almost and she got pregnant 4 months after going off BC. (hers was unplanned though. She just happened to BD during that month, not the ones before. Could be possible that she might of conceived earlier if she was active)

Atleast you are having cycles! I am on CD39 right now *sigh* Anyway! Good luck to you~!
Me (Brittany): 28
DH (Huy): 32
TTC #1 since September 2013. :bfp: December 2, 2014. Pregnancy was Ectopic. Methotrexate 12/17. :bfp: Feb. 16, 2015

My Ovulation Chart
Bee Bee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SouthernBelle_87 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:10 am

Hi! I was on the pill for 9 years, I got off in February. It took 6 weeks to get my first AF (I didn't have it for a few years while on the pill) I also don't seem to have any rhyme or reason for my CM either. I'm glad to know I'm not alone! I am currently on CD48 when I usually have 30-33 day cycles but all 3 tests were BFN!! This is our third cycle TTC. Good luck to all of you!!
Me(27) DH(27)
TTC#1 Since July 2013
4/2014: DX PCOS
5/2014: DH's SA shows high count, motility, and morphology!

6/16/14: Cycle 1 Femara+Pregnyl trigger shot... :bfp: on 7/13!!
SouthernBelle_87
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CH-UK » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:47 am

Hi it took us 7 months to get pregnant after coming off the pill Which I had been on for 12 years. I hardly ever got EWCM, just lots of watery CM around O time. In the 7 cycles I only saw EWCM on two occasions including the cycle we got pregnant. Your body can definitely take time to regulate and, as others have said, everyone is so different. Good luck!
CH-UK
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kandii » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi!! I just stopped taking my pill in October. (Been on it for ten years) and this is my first cycle without it. I'm on CD 25 today and no AF. I am having some dull uterine pain but nothing like my menstrual cramps I normally get (hence the reason for the pill In the first place). Normally I would get some cramping the day before AF showed up but this dull pain has been going on for 2 or 3 days now with no AF. Cm is very watery (just started couple days ago too) I haven't got the slightest idea whats going on. Before the pill I remember being regular and not having any issues. Though its been so long I don't remember how long those cycles where.
So first cycle off the pill and TTC is interesting and intense! We aren't trying to get our hopes up at all, but its hard!
:)
GL!
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Storytime » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:43 am

I went off of the Pill the end of Sept (right before our wedding). I didn't really get a period when I went off the pill...just some brown spotting for a day or two. I got my first real period about a month later, on Oct 24th. That was a light period, that only lasted for 3 days. My ovulation app suggested that my cycles would be about 33 days and that I would ovulate About Nov 12th. I did an OPK around the 12th of Nov and it was positive so we BD a ton around those days...even the week before that and a few days after. Well AF decided to come early (according to my fertility app) today on CD 29. If i really did O on Nov 12th as my app said and the OPK said then that was cycle day 20, meaning my LP was only 9 days long. Yikes.
THe only thing that makes me second guess my O day was that a week before on Nov 4th I got a gush of EWCM (that would have been CD 12)...who knows!
I am going to OPK Starting at CD 8, since apparently I am going to be irregular for a while :)
Storytime
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kandii » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:24 pm

Just updating - my first cycle off bcp was 38 days long. Today I am back at CD 1 and hoping for a more regular length cycle. :)
~*TTC since October 2013*~
BFP Dec 29, 2013 / Blighted Ovum Jan 23, 2014 (8w5d) / MC Feb 5, 2014 (10w4d)
Got my rainbow BFP July 19th, 2014!
DS born March 24th, 2015

~*TTC #2* shhh :shh: it's a secret!~
Kandii
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SweetFry » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:41 am

Hi Henna, I went off bcp last year because of the incredible mood swings it was giving me, in fact DH hid them from me because I couldn't be reasonable or stop crying. Anyways, we've been trying off and on, just waiting for a bfp to happen, but nothing yet. I had only been on the pill for 2 years and it seriously messed my cycle up. I was a regular 31 days before the pill. After going off the pill my cycles were from 20 to 40 days. Things settled down after 6 months but I would start spotting at 28 and af would come at 31 cd and af would stay for 4-14 days! This was really annoying especially when HopingTC. I checked with my doc and he said to temp for 3 months to see if I was actually o-ing regularly. So almost finished my 2nd cycle of temping :) and looks okay so far (definitely taking advantage of the new info for bd-ing lol). The packaging on the bcp I was taking did say a year before being regular again or before the doctor will be concerned. My advice is to wait and stay relaxed, because stress really does weird things to our bodies. But that's easier said then done! ;)
TTC#1 actively since 2013-09 (off bcp since 2012-11)
Me - 24 & DH - 27
SweetFry

Postby sjenkins86 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:10 pm

Hello! I just recently finished my last pack of bcp after 11 years on 11/2/2013. DH and I have been together since we were 16 and we are now 27. We finally agreed that it was time to start our family! I started my period the very next day, 11/3/2013, after a 7 day southern Carribbean cruise (our last hoorah!) LOL! I never thought that I would be this obsessed with ttc until... I was TTC! Didn't pay that much attention to it for the first week after my 5 day period. Then I downloaded an app and started googling, and that's when it began, LOL! I was due to O on 11/17. BD on 11/16 and 11/17 and multiple times during that week. Didn't pay much attn to CM bc I didn't realize it was important until I did all this research! Strangly I feel like I had some clear, slippery CM on 11/21 and felt my libido was in overdrive. So, we BD that day also. I was convinced already that I was probably preggo. I think I gave myself all my symptoms. On the bright side AF came as expected on the day expected, so it was a 28d cycle as I hoped it would be. Started tracking my bbt and bought an opk test. Hoping cycle #2 is the one! Wondering what my chances are??? Crazy how intense this gets when you actually start ttc. I feel like it's a game, and I need to be the winner!
Me: 27
DH: 28
Together 11 years (Oct 2002), Married 6 years (Oct 2007)
2 Pit-babies
TTC #1 since Nov 2013
sjenkins86
Friend

Return to TTC Your First Baby