gets harder and harder every month

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

gets harder and harder every month

Postby tryingtobepatient1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:18 am

Ahhh I've only been ttc for 6 months but it feels like forever! We want this so bad, I've become a Google addict looking for anything that might help us, DH even wants to go get his sperm checked but considering it's only been 6 months I'd think the doctor wouldnt rum those tests just yet. I suspect I had a chemical pregnancy 3 cycles ago as it was horribly painful and heavy and ever since my AF has been out of wack - the month after basically no AF and this month basically nothing except a huge clot the size of a 50 cent coin and another the size of a 10 cent coin and I knew when they were coming cause its was so painful like mild contractions that nearly had me scream when they passed. So I am really really really hoping this is our month.
tryingtobepatient1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: gets harder and harder every month

Postby orangecat » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:19 am

I hear you. We are cycle #12 and it definitely doesn't get any easier.

We went and began testing after 6 months TTC including DH's SA. We have since had his SA done a second time. It will likely be the first test they run for you as well as CD3 blood work for you. Being that we live in Canada health-care is "free" but the wait lists are long. We've had all of the basic fertility tests done and are now on the wait list to get into an RE which could take some time.

If you suspect anything could be out of whack don't waste precious time wondering if you should see a doctor especially if you are over 30.

Good luck!
Me 37
DH 39
"Unexplained Infertility" diagnosis Feb 2014
IUI- planned for May 2014
Surprise BFP April 18/2014 while waiting for IUI!
Natural miscarriage April 29/2014 - 6 weeks
IUI #1 50mg Clomid and 24 mil sperm July 4/2014= BFN
IUI #2 letrazole 2.5mg Aug= CANCELLED due to cyst and midcycle bleed
IUI #2 letrazole 2.5mg Oct 7/2014= BFN
2015 NOTHING
2016 New RE gives us hope
April 19/16 Ectopic Pregnancy while waiting to begin IUI again
Right tube removed
DH 3% Morphology
ME AMH 4.4PMOL (British scale)
"I may not be there yet. But I am closer than I was yesterday."
orangecat
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby tryingtobepatient1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:14 am

Hi orangecat - check out m.fairhavenhealth.com I just checked it out and I'm going to order some stuff as pretty much all of the reviews fell pregnant using there products within a few months.
tryingtobepatient1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby B Michaelson » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:13 pm

Orangecat, my sister told me the same thing. I am almost 33 and she said, don't wait! It took her a year to get to RE even after 4 yrs of ttc with no bfp.

It is easier to just cancel the RE if you don't need it but alot of people wait a year and don't know how long it takes to actually get in here in Canada.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Babydustblues » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:23 am

We've been ttc for 9 months pretty much since we got married. I'm 36, dh is only 30. It is getting harder every month, particularly as friends are all falling pregnant. My chief 2 week wait friend got pregnant in February ... We had been confiding in each other. And now I've lost her! I'm so happy for her but, as with every other friend that gets pregnant, I have a twinge of sadness every time I think about it/ hear of another one. I don't think it is jealousy per se ... It just reminds me of what I want so much.
Is anyone else struggling like this.
Babydustblues

Postby Elwynella » Thu May 01, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi Babydust- We've been trying going on our 17th month and it really does get harder and harder each month. I recently told some friends of our TTC efforts and my friend said they were about to start trying...well guess what, now 7 weeks pregnant. I can't shake it. I am happy for them too but I am struggling like you. it's just another reminder of what we can't have and what we've been trying for so much. It's seriously causing me so much anxiety. I don't think it's jealousy really either, I think its maybe envy but not even that necessarily. It's more about our own struggle that you know they didn't have.
TTC for 18 cyles
HSG test - Perfect
5 Rounds responding perfectly to Clomid and all BFN
1 - IUI - BFN
2 - IUI BFN
3 - IUI - waiting
Unexplained infertility.
Elwynella

Postby gina_renee88 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Will have to agree with you all that it just continues to get harder and harder each cycle, I am on cycle #19 ttc and at this point I'm so scared to even take a HPT because I fear the bFN , just so tired of seeing it and wishing for a second line to appear ... I imagine that when that day comes I may pass out lol ... But as always we all have to keep moving forward with our ttc in order to get our BFP ... Sending positive vibes and baby dust to all you ladies. We'll all be there one day!! Hopefully sooner rather then later
Me - 27
09/24/14: laparoscopy found baseball sized cyst in left ovary and endo on bladder, ovaries and uterus - all removed - diagnosed with stage III/IV
Hubby - 27,
SHV, morphology is borderline (3%) count and motality are excellent.
TTC #1 since 10/2012

5 IUI's - all :bfn:

01/05/15: Start IVF - Micro-Flare Lupron Protocol
01/17/15: Transferred 2,3 day grade 1-2 embabies, wishing for the best!!
01/25/15: :bfp: on FRER!!! 8dp3dt... God is good :praying:
01/26/15: 9dp3dt beta #1 - 76
01/28/15: 11dp3dt beta #2 - 171
02/05/15: 19dp3dt beta #3 - 6,057!!!
02/13/15: first u/s showed a beautiful healthy baby with a heartbeat :hb:

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours"
Mark 11:24
gina_renee88
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mamabear1 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:22 pm

Yep. I'm beginning to question my sanity :roll: .
Was having a cry just before telling DH that I'm very excited to go visit my good friend and her newborn tomorrow but am worried I'll breakdown crying. He said "just be happy for her".....I AM. I TRULY AM. I'm thrilled, but I think you girls put it so eloquently - it's just a reminder of what I want so badly.
True, I am already blessed with 2 and I am so grateful. But the need I have to have my final little one is all consuming and has been that way for too many years now. It has changed me.
[i]TTC one more precious bundle since Oct 2013 with my now 41yr old eggs, and severe mfi :(

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
EPU 25/1/16 - 5 follicles, 5 eggs (all mature), 3 fertilised (ICSI).
CGH testing on 1 day 6 embryo = abnormal.
Time for a new FS and a kick a*s protocol.
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby lynzjens » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Im sorry and I feel your pain! My husband tried for 8 months, took a 4 month break, and now have been trying again since January. So 19 months all together. I guess its time for me to go to the Dr. I am younger, 24. All of my friends that are pregnant or have a little one, got pregnant by accident. They tell me they know how I feel but they really dont! Its so frustrating hearing them tell me it'll happen when it happens. blah, blah, blah. I really am very happy for them, but whenever I see them and their pregnant bellies or little ones, I am really sad inside.
lynzjens
Friend

Postby lynzjens » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:18 pm

I just realized this post was a LONG time ago. Have any of you gotten your BFP?
lynzjens
Friend

Return to TTC Your First Baby