TTC #1.. Any tips/vitamins/teas/etc.?

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC #1.. Any tips/vitamins/teas/etc.?

Postby Jdrinka » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:05 pm

Last week I was (and albeit I feel wrongly) "diagnosed" with endometriosis based solely on having cramping mid cycle.. which has really devastated me - if true - as it accounts for a third of reasons for infertility in women. I also had the woman (who is not my normal doctor, as I recently moved to Texas and she had good ratings) tell me to go on the pill when my husband just told her we are open to having children now.. needless to say we are getting a second opinion and a third when we go to visit family back in Jersey in May from my original doctor.

I have two questions:
Anyone who does have endo how hard has it been to conceive naturally and are there any vitamins that have proved successful?

Does anyone know of any alternative or holistic methods that have proved successful at all with trying to conceive?

We haven't been careful what so ever so I guess we've been inactively trying for #1 for 3 months and considering that endometriosis may be the hand I was dealt, we are going to try seriously as the only real cure is a hysterectomy from my understanding. So what has helped? Any advice?
Jdrinka

Re: TTC #1.. Any tips/vitamins/teas/etc.?

Postby BlackAngelPlayah » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:02 am

I've never understood why some doctors want to put you on the pill when you're trying to get pregnant!! It's like a slap in the face. :x

Anyway, I'm actually taking Geritol right now. I've heard it helps with fertility- though there is no known actual proof of this except for women who took it and got pregnant. There are just as many that DIDN'T! But I figure, I need a multi, so it couldn't hurt.

Anyway, I hope you find a great doctor and get a BFP soon. :)

:babyg: :babydustg:
Image Image Image Image
http://TheBabyChronicles-BlackAngel.blogspot.com

Me: 36, Super irregular cycles, possible PCOS
DH: 57, Recently diagnosed with Prostate Cancer :( , Has Chosen watchful waiting
TTC #1 :baby:
BlackAngelPlayah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Your First Baby