Mucinex and other advice?

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Mucinex and other advice?

Postby mzp108 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi there,

This is my very first post on the forum, bear with me I'm still getting used to TTC lingo. Been TTC for 12 months and really starting to get down. All hormone level tests have been normal, haven't had any invasive testing yet.

Was thinking about using Preseed or Mucinex to help my CM (I don't have anything to compare it to but I think it's very minimal) and wanted feedback on others experience with either of these meds?

Really appreciate any and all advice!

-mzp
mzp108
Friend

Re: Mucinex and other advice?

Postby Erinrae2 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi! Im on cycle 11...pretty close to you. My cm also seemed pretty low, so i tried mucinex but had a really hard time taking it because of the taste. This past cycle I tried a combo of things and it worked!! Tons of the good stuff;)

So I used: fertilaid, femance- a vitex tincture from the health store, its Just a concentrate that u take with water and a b vitamins combo -folic, b6,b12

The only other thing I did differently in the past couple cycles was I pretty much switched out coffee completely for green tea.

Good luck!
TTC #1 since July 201
Me 32, DH 28

Apr'14 - Femara and 1st IUI - May 5/14 - BFP!
May 5 14dpiui - 179 hsg!
May 7 16dpiui - 453 hsg!
May 15 24dpiui - 8366 hcg!
Finally done betas whew!!
Erinrae2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mzp108 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:17 pm

Hi!

Thank you so much for replying, I didn't know if anyone out there was listening :)

I will definitely try the fertilaid and fermance, great tips!

Another question - was your doc okay with all of this? My first ob/gyn (I ended up switching) pretty much told me to shut up when I asked about the safety of taking Mucinex, preseed, etc.
mzp108
Friend

Postby Erinrae2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi,
I moved in the last year and didn't have a doc and when I'd go to a walk in clinic they'd just usher me out and tell me to have sex lol. I started seeing a naturopath who recommended the femance. The other ones I put together on my own from reading about other women's experiences on tww. Also figured since fertilaid is a prenatal it was worth it.

I ended up skipping a doc and ob/gyn and went straight to a fertility doc. They know everything I'm taking and are fine with it. I had a couple ultrasounds around ovulation and they told me my uterus or cervix was full of fluid...so I def think its working!! We have preseed too but didn't use it last time cause there was so much fluid already.
TTC #1 since July 201
Me 32, DH 28

Apr'14 - Femara and 1st IUI - May 5/14 - BFP!
May 5 14dpiui - 179 hsg!
May 7 16dpiui - 453 hsg!
May 15 24dpiui - 8366 hcg!
Finally done betas whew!!
Erinrae2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mzp108 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:43 am

More good advice, thank you! I think my next step is a fertility doc. I am also down to one cup of coffee a day and hopefully will be to just decaf/tea in the next week!
mzp108
Friend

Return to TTC Your First Baby