Brand-spanking newbie

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Brand-spanking newbie

Postby BlueSwallow84 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Hey everyone,

Total newbie here - completely new to TTC, and new to these boards, too! My name is Nicole and my husband and I are 3 months into TTC our first baby. DH and I married in September of 2013 after four years of dating, and we are really ready to start our family. My husband is an amazing support, but he's basically clueless as to how to handle all my emotions when it comes to TTC and TWW and everything inbetween! We went off BC in May and have been doing the "try and see" method by BDing during my fertile window but nothing else. So far, no go. We are going overseas to Italy during our first anniversary (wanted to go all out for one big trip in hopes that next year we have a baby!), so the plan is when we get back to start BBTs, OPKs, ect. unless BFP comes before! Of course, although that's what we decided, it's nearly impossible to think of anything else right now - especially because I work with babies/children and mothers all day everyday! (I'm a social worker).

I'm looking to connect with others because as we do this - I have more questions than answers! I live four hours from my family/friends, so this is good way for me to obsess without driving everyone nuts! Plus, I love connecting with others - we are all in this together! Spreading baby dust to all!
Nicole <3
Hoping for our first little miracle!
BlueSwallow84

Re: Brand-spanking newbie

Postby jeepgirl88 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:52 am

Another newbie here! I just registered so this is my first post.

My name is Angie and this is our first month TTC. We decided back in May to start trying, but I used the Nuva ring for BC and I didn't want to just stop it without going to the doctor because I was also taking antidepressants. So I made a doctor's appt and used one final ring in the meantime. The doctor told me to just take half a pill of my meds and see how I felt and if I was okay after a month to just stop taking them and then stop the BC. So did all that and all was well, and I also started taking my vitamins.

Hubby is in the military so he went away at the end of June and just got back a week ago. So we weren't actually together or able to try for about a month after I stopped the BC anyways. I used an online ovulation calculator and was ecstatic when I found out he would be coming home just as my fertile week started. He got home last Sunday and we had sex once a day for 5 days straight, so I'm hoping we have a good chance. I realize it might not happen right away but I am already pretty anxious. I don't want a baby next week or anything, but the fact that trying may take a little while plus 9 months of actually being pregnant...well I'd like for it to happen sooner rather than later is all.

Looking forward to meeting others here and sharing our stories and experiences! Good luck to you :)
jeepgirl88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BlueSwallow84 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:56 am

Hi jeepgirl! Looks like we are in the same boat! Are you trying for your first?
Nicole <3
Hoping for our first little miracle!
BlueSwallow84

Postby jeepgirl88 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:46 am

Yup! When we started dating we both agreed we wanted to have kids before 30. I just turned 26 and he will be 30 next February, so I kept thinking 'oh I'm only 25' but once I started to think about it in the Spring I considered that if we do want to have more than one and space them out a bit, it would probably be a good idea to start trying. Not that we can't venture from our original plan and have kids after I'm 30, but I like the idea of being younger rather than older. A few times before we were even married he wanted to try, and I insisted I wanted to be married first. Then we both bought jeeps 2 summers ago which are so expensive so we joked that we were sacrificing having kids and got jeeps instead. Well 2 years later here we are lol. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my jeep and its a great hobby but its not the same as having a child...
jeepgirl88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jeepgirl88 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:11 am

How are you doing BlueSwallow? When is your trip to Italy? Congrats on your first anniversary BTW! Ours is in November. Wouldn't it be nice to get a BFP as an anniversary present?

I'm currently a week into my very first TWW! Going a little nutty lol
jeepgirl88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Your First Baby