Newbie Saying Hi

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Newbie Saying Hi

Postby kyrenora » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi there everyone! My husband and I are now officially TTC our first. This is only our first month really trying, although we weren't working terribly hard to prevent it before.

I'm a homemaker/homesteader, so I have little to think about during the 2WW other than you-know-what. We haven't broken the news to people yet, so I have no one to share my excitement with while hubby is at work. I'm also a much more animated person than he is, so even when he's home, he can't match my energy about it, as happy as he may be. I know that this can be a long process, and I need to mentally prepare myself for that, especially because I've dealt with illness in the past that may or may not have had an effect on my system. We're still figuring a lot out.

I guess I just wish I had some tricks for distracting myself or calming the heck down, because I am past the point of obsessive. As much as I have to do around the house, cleaning and yard work leave my mind free to wander, and it only goes to one place! I'm worried I'll get myself so stressed that it won't work.

*Sigh* I told myself I wouldn't test until Wednesday, and I'm trying to stay strong on that.
Me: 27 & DH:28
Married 3/1/2014
RT Born 7/11/2015
kyrenora
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Newbie Saying Hi

Postby jeepgirl88 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Hello and welcome!

I am a newbie too, we are just in our second month of trying. But I know what you mean about being obsessed already...it's just hard not to! I do work, like 30 hours a week (Assistant Manager in Fashion Retail), so that keeps me pretty busy. But my job can be boring when the mall isn't busy, and sometimes there just isn't anything to do. So I have the same thing where my mind wanders. My first TWW was the worst! I learned my lesson though as I actually was pretty convinced I was pregnant last cycle (thought I had IB) and so we both started talking like I was pregnant. So when I wasn't it was a little disappointing, but then of course since it was our first try I told myself I needed to just chill lol. From now on I'm really going to try to not even think about it unless AF actually ends up being late.

We are still figuring a lot out too...like we decided we were just going to BD all the time (at least every second day) so we don't miss my window and otherwise not worry about too much yet. Well it has been A LOT of BD! Not that it's bad lol but I just don't want to have to keep doing it sooo much that our sex life gets stale, you know? So I'm going to be ordering some cheap OPK's off Amazon to use next month, so we can help narrow down the days a little bit.

Good luck! :)
jeepgirl88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kyrenora » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:29 pm

Thanks! I'm about 11dpo now (I think - just started temping) and haven't poas yet. I told myself I would wait until AF was late, which would be Monday or later, but I don't think I'll be able to stay strong!
Married 3/1/2014
RT Born 7/11/2015
kyrenora
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi Kyrenora! Have you poas again yet?? I plan to tomorrow...maybe we can both get better lines! :)

hi Jeepgirl! cheap opks are FANTASTIC :) Good luck!!
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kyrenora » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:42 pm

Nothing more definitive yet. The one from this morning looked almost exactly like yesterday's. I'll keep testing until I either get that line or AF!
Married 3/1/2014
RT Born 7/11/2015
kyrenora
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:05 am

you and me both...nada over here, 13dpo but no AF (she was due yesterday)..guess we just keep waiting it out :)
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Your First Baby