TTC#1 having horrible anxiety

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC#1 having horrible anxiety

Postby SarahBarah26 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi! We've been TTC for 8 months now. I used an ovulation kit for the first time this past cycle. The last 3 cycles have been 28 days exactly. It showed the I ovulated later in the month (Oct 22/23). On Oct 30/31 I felt a weird cramp. A close friend mentioned implantation...so I did some research and the feeling was exactly what I was reading. My boobs have been sore, but are normally sore post period. I'm now 6 days late. I've taken two pregnancy tests and both were BFN!! I had blood work done to tell me if I am or not pregnant. This anticipation and waiting game is causing horrible anxiety and making me sick to my stomach! It's much easier said than done to "try not to think about it!" Does anybody have an advice on how to not constantly think about it while waiting on results??
SarahBarah26

Re: TTC#1 having horrible anxiety

Postby hello_amanda » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:04 pm

I feel the same way! I'm so impatient and it's all I can think about! How did your blood test go?
hello_amanda

Re: TTC#1 having horrible anxiety

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:15 am

Is there someone you know who could use a visit, lunch date, or some act of service? The only thing that gets me through the waiting and wondering is finding something to do, be it work, a hobby, whatever. I think focusing our attention on other people helps us forget about ourselves for a while! If you don't know anyone, think about going to the grocery and getting some food to donate to the food bank.

I was house sitting this past weekend with absolutely nothing to do for 4 days and they DRAGGED on like no other TWW. Sunday, I got some relief by stopping by my parents' house for a couple of hours and chatting with my dad. It totally got my mind off of me. Monday flew by in a flash because I was back at work!

I know it's easier said than done to just not think about it, but the time goes by so much faster if you can find something to coccupy your brain, especially if that activity involves another person. Good luck, I hope the blood test results come back positive!!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Your First Baby