In TWW limbo.... 5 days of brown spotting??

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

In TWW limbo.... 5 days of brown spotting??

Postby CharleeMurphy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:29 am

Okay guys, grab a cuppa and a comfy seat, this is a long one...

Currently on Cycle 3 of TTC after being on BCP for donkeys years. The first two cycles off BCP were like clockwork, 38 day cycles and then AF arrived on the afternoon of CD1 in the same fashion: a couple of hours of brown/red spotting and then bam, the witch was here. In full force.

This cycle, however, has been a lot different. On CD36 (13DPO) I got some VERY faint pale pink spotting when I wiped, and this then turned into brown spotting shortly after. Now for the past 5 days that's been the case - brown spotting/discharge, mainly only when I wipe but a bit on the panty liner too (very small amount). What the heck? Where's AF? She was due yesterday. And if she's not on her way, where's my BFP? I took tests on 11, 13, 15 and 16DPO and nothing. When AF is on the way I get crampy, bloated and gassy but haven't felt that at all this cycle.

Nor have I felt 'typical' pregnancy symptoms. No cramps, no nausea, no sore bbs. There have only been a few things (apart from the spotting) out of the ordinary this time. I had one day last week when I was seriously exhausted - I literally didn't think my legs could carry me to my car after work. Went to bed at 5.30pm and then my husband dragged me out of bed for dinner. I ate and then snoring my head off by 9pm. Usually I don't sleep til 11pm. My face has also decided to go retro and break out like I'm 15 years old again. I seriously cannot remember a time in my adult years that my face looked this bad. I woke up on 7DPO with an oil slick on my face and it's been coming and going since then. Yesterday my hair was so greasy it looked wet. Ick. My moods have been pretty diabolical too, one minute I'm loving life and super energised and the next I am murderous and weepy. My poor husband :/

I just don't know what's going on! Has anyone else had spotting for this long? Did it end in AF or BFP? Or nothing? I'm sure I ovulated because I'm temping and doing OPK, and according to Fertility Friend I O'd on CD23.

So hit me with your theories and/or stories! I'm hoping to gain some perspective here (I may have been a little obsess-y these past few days). Either that or by me posting here AF will show up just to make a fool of me :) Thanks everyone.
CharleeMurphy

Return to TTC Your First Baby