total newbie, but totally need a buddy

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

total newbie, but totally need a buddy

Postby waiting4number1 » Fri May 22, 2015 9:00 am

Although we've been ttc for eight months I've been pretty alone in this until recently.

Oddly, I am 13 days late, so I'm not sure what's going on since I've been getting bfns until last week and I don't want to test again, just wait for my next af.

I really need a buddy to keep my spirits up!!!!
waiting4number1
Friend

Re: total newbie, but totally need a buddy

Postby sasears » Fri May 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Hey! I'm trying for #1 as well. I'm in a couple buddy groups but I could use as many friends as I can get!

I don't know how you did it alone for so long! I'm only on month 3 ttc but I have been on here almost the whole time. I swear this process is turning me into a crazy woman!

So weird about late af. Maybe you ovulated later than you thought?
sasears
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby waiting4number1 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:42 pm

I've been pretty crazy and my crazy has got me through a lot of bfns lol
I may have ovulated later but my hpt last week was bfn as well so I'll probably treat again Sunday! Maybe it will be my bfp since we BDed every other night lol and on my o day. We will see!
Are you doing anything special to help ttc? We're adding epo, soy iso, and I'm thinking about preseed for the next three months. (Maybe we won't need it that long fx)
waiting4number1
Friend

Postby sasears » Fri May 22, 2015 9:50 pm

The first two months we weren't really trying so much as just not preventing. That was making me crazy! So this month I have opks and preseed. I should be ovulating in the next week and I'm going to try to bd every day for the next 7 days just to cover my bases!

I have only used the preseed once and I already can't recommend it enough. I loved it. It made BDing even more enjoyable AND have you read the reviews on amazon? Lol I have such high hopes for this month!
sasears
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BabyJayne0317 » Sat May 23, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi ladies I'm trying not for #1 too.
I've been crazy for the last 3/4 months, been trying for 8months and last month and this month I've calmed down a lot. I believe I went through a chemical in April and that kind of settled me down.

I will say a lot of experts say not to BD everyday bcuz you need to give the man a chance to build up his sperm so it's better to do it every other day. Female sperm live longer but swim slower. Make sperm die fast but are stronger.

I just started temping this cycle and I find it to be less pressure than opks. Best of luck to you girls !! Baby dust all around. :)
Name: Brittany
Cycle: Regular 28 days
Fiance Age: 27
TTC Since: Aug. 2014
Current Method: Prenatal Vitamins, Grapefruit Juice, Going with the flow :)

BabyJayne0317
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby waiting4number1 » Sat May 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Preseed sounds good lol I mean we don't bd just to make a baby we do it all the time lol it's kind of nice actually.
Just a little update, I'm now 14 days and Tuesday I will be v going b to the Dr because this is not normal for me. I will keep you ladies posted on what's going on because after all this time this is as close to possibly being pg that I've been lol
It would be nice to finally get a bfp on cycle 8. if not we have an action plan!
waiting4number1
Friend

Postby sasears » Sun May 24, 2015 12:29 am

Lol I actually did know that about bd every other day. I'm just feeling a little overzealous this month! Also, at my house, trying for every day will probably result in actually BDing every other day with all the craziness around here.

Ahh good luck with your Dr appt! Fx for a good outcome!

And babyjayne, I feel like temping would stress me out so much! Although I'm seriously considering it for next month if this month isn't so lucky.
sasears
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BabyJayne0317 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 am

Everyone is different and everyone is gonna find the method that works for them. I like temping cuz I just do it in the morning and then by afternoon I forget about it.

BabyJayne0317
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby caseyjeanwilk » Mon May 25, 2015 7:14 am

Got room for one more? I'm trying to conceive number for a few months but this is the first month with opks and a plan. Hopeful for a nugget soon! I don't really have anyone to talk to in real life. I know my friends would be understanding but it's like they all got pregnant so quickly and most without even trying. I feel like they don't comprehend this horrible tww journey. And it makes me not want to talk about it with them. Good luck to you all!
caseyjeanwilk

Postby 4kk4 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:10 pm

i'm new to this too!

I've posted to a few forums but haven't made any strong connections yet.

I'm TTC #1 but prior to this month we have really not been "trying." Just not using protection anymore, but of course I'm super naive and it took me several months to realize that contrary to my high school mentality, I'm not going to get pregnant immediately. (I blame my mother for always reminding how she got pregnant the first try for all three kids at 27, 31, and 34. thanks mom.). I don't regret my fear that all it took was one sperm because, well, we've all heard of Teen Mom 2.

But now I feel so silly for thinking it would happen immediately.

We don't have OPKs and i bought a basal therm but I'm returning it because I'm just not organized enough (yet, anyway. ask me again in a year ... or a month). I have been reading up on CM and how it changes so this is my first month paying attention to that.

Would love to get to know you all!

Oh and I'm currently on CD 7, so just entering my fertile "zone" for this cycle.

How about all of you??
4kk4
Friend

Postby Jessi_817 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi girls! Can i squeeze into this conversation? :) my hubs and I are also ttc for #1. We have been trying for 9 months now. At 6 months I got my levels tested and everything was normal. My husband is going to see an endocrinologist in a couple weeks but I'm hoping we have to cancel because I get my BFP! I'm currently 13dpo. I was so anxious because I always get some sort of sign from af between cycles.. And nothing this time around! I'm actually a day late. I took a FRER this morning but it was BFN. Wondering if I should test again in the morning?
Jessi_817
Friend

Postby BabyJayne0317 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi, CD11 now over here.
All my apps say different O dates, but I'm just doing the every other day method(sometimes everday).
I'm also temping for the first time and it's soooo easy for me and really is a hands off approach in my opinion.

I'm going out of town on the 30th and by that time it'll be CD17 so I think I'll be good. The couple times I've done opks, I've got the + at cd14/15. My cycles are so regular its impressive. Lol

BabyJayne0317
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby sasears » Tue May 26, 2015 10:17 am

He everyone! The more the merrier!

4kk4- I just laughed so hard at your post. I was totally the same way. Hahaha I'm only on cycle 3 right now, but I was all surprised at my bfns the first two months, even having been told and understanding it could take a while. I think we all think we are going to be an exception rather than the rule. Hahaha I'm finally facing the reality it may actually take a year. So I'm hunkering down for the long haul. Even though my hopes are still high it'll happen soon!

Jessi- I would probably wait 2 days if you can! That way if you're pg it will give your levels time to rise a little :)

Casey- this is my first month using opks too! I love it. Its a little confusing and in have been googling SO MUCH but it takes so much of the guesswork out of it!

As for me I got a positive opk yesterday afternoon. We had bd Sunday night, and then after I got the positive we bd yesterday, and will tomorrow and Wednesday for good measure. Super happy with our timing. So back in the tww as of tomorrow! Here's to symptom spotting like it's my job!
sasears
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby 4kk4 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:30 pm

sasears wrote:He everyone! The more the merrier!

4kk4- I just laughed so hard at your post. I was totally the same way. Hahaha I'm only on cycle 3 right now, but I was all surprised at my bfns the first two months, even having been told and understanding it could take a while. I think we all think we are going to be an exception rather than the rule. Hahaha I'm finally facing the reality it may actually take a year. So I'm hunkering down for the long haul. Even though my hopes are still high it'll happen soon!

As for me I got a positive opk yesterday afternoon. We had bd Sunday night, and then after I got the positive we bd yesterday, and will tomorrow and Wednesday for good measure. Super happy with our timing. So back in the tww as of tomorrow! Here's to symptom spotting like it's my job!

ha! excellent. While I'm glad to know I'm not alone in the feeling, it was a major d'oh moment for me.

And yes, both my last 2 cycles where we actually bd'd roughly around O day (but i hadn't done much research, just knowing it's roughly day 14 or halfway) i had all sorts of bizarre symptoms that I don't normally have in my cycle ... forgetfulness, fatigue, random spotting, deep but mild cramping, back pain, etc. I was so surprised when it wasn't that.

Perhaps the symptoms aren't so unusual. I'm thinking maybe just the act of paying attention to your body makes you realize all the funny things it does.

For me the only thing i have going is that i have used a period tracker for about 2 years or more, because I travel a lot for my work and need to predict upcoming AFs. So i have a long history of cycle to review and make some judgements based on, so that's actually a really good thing.

For you, honestly a year is more normal than people let on. I think the only people that (in my case) talk about their baby making is people for whom it was a surprise or really easy. Otherwise people just don't talk about it really, unless you're super close, and so as a naive outsider you start to think everyone just gets a baby when they're ready.

My own best friend delayed a baby a year to get her master's degree. The bd'd the night she graduated and boom. Pregnant. Seriously, what are the chances she graduates within her 24 hour ovulation window? And conceives?

Sigh.

Anyway, I'm about cycle day 8 so just starting for this cycle. I'm guessing i'll ) on day 13 or 14 - my period last month actually came like 4 days early so it's throwing off my math. We may have to BD every day starting in a few days :)

Good luck on this TWW!
4kk4
Friend

Postby 4kk4 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Jessi_817 wrote:Hi girls! Can i squeeze into this conversation? :) my hubs and I are also ttc for #1. We have been trying for 9 months now. At 6 months I got my levels tested and everything was normal. My husband is going to see an endocrinologist in a couple weeks but I'm hoping we have to cancel because I get my BFP! I'm currently 13dpo. I was so anxious because I always get some sort of sign from af between cycles.. And nothing this time around! I'm actually a day late. I took a FRER this morning but it was BFN. Wondering if I should test again in the morning?

If you have the tests, go for it. But the longer you can stand to wait the more accurate it'll be of course!

13 dpo is really up there, if you are pg you can and should get a positive soon. Let us know! :D
4kk4
Friend

Next

Return to TTC Your First Baby