Introducing myself! Hello!

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Introducing myself! Hello!

Postby TrebleLily » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:46 pm

Hello everyone!

I have been stalking this website for a few weeks now and finally decided to register and say hello. My partner and I are just starting our TTC journey. It's so exciting! And scary and nerve wracking at the same time... ack! I have wanted a child so badly for many years and can't believe my turn might finally be near. Just to actually be at the TTC phase is mind blowing for me!

A bit about me- I'm 29, my partner is 45 (yes a bit of an age gap...). While I'm still in my "prime" for baby making age, we both have nervousness about his age affecting things. I had an IUD for the last 3 years, just got it out on July 2nd. So this is my first cycle of TTC. I'm not using an OPK at this point, but if it takes a few months I might have to look into it! I also had a LEEP procedure in April after having a number of abnormal Paps. I'm afraid that it might affect my ability to get pregnant or lead to miscarriages, though the doctor assured me it would still be fine.

Anyway, I look forward to joining in on things here and getting to know you girls more. :-)
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Introducing myself! Hello!

Postby MrsT! » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:59 pm

Hello!!!! I'm a Newby too!!

I'm sure we will get great support in this group I've been directed to it so many times via Google! ! Lol
MrsT!
Friend

Postby TrebleLily » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Hi MrsT! Welcome to you too! Are you google obsessed too? So many nights I find myself googling pregnancy related things. Sometimes I even think I've run out of things to google as I don't have anything new to "ask" or read, so I just type in the same thing again and read the same pages again. My partner comes to bed to find my pouring over my ipad and asks what I'm reading. I usually just answer "oh nothing really".... if he only knew the number of hours I've spent looking at pregnancy stuff, reading this forum, and now posting here! HA!
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsT! » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:11 am

Not so much a Googler anymore, get so disheartened when it never turns out to be anything so stopped looking, it was difficult but I was starting to not enjoy anything else in life just in case I might of been!!

I'm trying not to worry so much about it anymore hoping it will help!! Lol

What day are you on now? I still chart and CBFM so know I'm 8dpo.
MrsT!
Friend

Postby MrsT! » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:42 am

Here's my chart so far this month...
Attachments
2015-07-21 18.40.21.png
2015-07-21 18.40.21.png (188.85 KiB) Viewed 1654 times
MrsT!
Friend

Postby TrebleLily » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:15 am

I'm about 8 DPO too! I didn't chart or use OPK though, so my exact O day is just a guess based on my cycle. I've been super regular though with AF coming every 26 days. But I've had an IUD in up until July 2nd. The type I had emits a small amount of progesterone so it's supposed to stop ovulation and menstruation entirely too... but I don't think it did that for me. I still got AF the whole time with it anyway. And I'm pretty sure I ovulated too as I would sometimes notice brief spotting in mid-cycle which seems likely was ovulation spotting.
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCBabyBoy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Hey and welcome! I am a bit of a newbie here myself, but not to TTC. Just beginning the journey of TTC #3.

I had the LEEP procedure when I was 18. Got pregnant at 23 within about 6 months of stopping BC pills, so I don't think it affected anything, so worry not. Now I have had 1 ovary removed due to a cyst and I am also hoping that doesn't affect anything, and also have PCOS. People overcome seemingly insurmountable odds all the time to become pregnant, so hopefully it won't be a big issue for you!! (Also men keep their fertility for way way longer htan women, so it's better to be a big age gap that way than the other way around)

Good luck to you and I hope you get your baby soon!! Baby dust
TTC #3 after IUD removal August 3rd, 2015.
DH: 36
Me: 29
DD#1 is 5 and DD#2 is 3!
TTCBabyBoy
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TrebleLily » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Thanks for the reassurances TTCBabyBoy! Good luck to you on getting #3! How old are your first two?
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCBabyBoy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:25 am

TrebleLily wrote:Thanks for the reassurances TTCBabyBoy! Good luck to you on getting #3! How old are your first two?

The oldest is 4 and a half and the youngest just turned 3! Finally feeling ready to take on the responsibility of another :).
TTC #3 after IUD removal August 3rd, 2015.
DH: 36
Me: 29
DD#1 is 5 and DD#2 is 3!
TTCBabyBoy
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TrebleLily » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:26 am

awww yay!

I went out and bought a bunch more parenting books yesterday and a big fat pregnancy "bible". Got home and showed them to the partner and he commented (again) that I am going to be the most amazing mother ever. Then he said that maybe we should even have 3 kids! Up until now he's always firmly said 2 only and I've said I wanted 2 or maybe 3. WOO! We'll see what happens though.... We're so ready to start this parenting journey together. The past year or more one of our main subjects of conversation is parenting. We've constantly swapping articles we find and have read a bunch of books on home schooling, attachment, emotional intelligence, and all sorts of related things and talked tons about how we want to raise our kids. Now we just need to have some children so that we can put all this into action!
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby spyrals » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:16 am

Hi! Nice to meet you. I'm new as well, similar situation to you I think.. I'm 35, TTC #1, we've been trying 2 months. My husband is 45, I am 35. I also can't believe we finally decided to start trying. It's been a pretty stressful couple of months. Good luck to us both :)
spyrals

Postby TrebleLily » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi Spyrals! Welcome aboard! Thanks for saying hello. :-)
TrebleLily
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC Your First Baby