Post depo finally have af ish

A special board for anyone TTC #1

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Post depo finally have af ish

Postby Rynkat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:04 am

I'm 32 and I think I'm past the worst of the post depo provera fun now I had my last injection in January this year and I've just started having af again. I've had two normal length ones and a couple only a week apart and I'm really trying not to get my hopes up till januaray as I've read that it takes an average of 9 months after you come off it to concieve but this month I'm on day 21 and I've been nauseous and getting other pms symptoms that I don't really remember (although it has been sooooooo many years who knows) and I'm trying to keep it real but with 8 days till I can test I just wanted to reach out to others also going through similar things. I'm hoping it doesn't take too many periods because my periods are awful which was why I was on depo in the first place but I guess it will take as long as it takes.

Anyway nice to meet you all and good luck everyone else.
Last depo provera injection jan 2015
Rynkat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Post depo finally have af ish

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:25 am

I just want to wish you good luck,I have no experience with deposit sadly so I can't help.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rynkat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:31 am

Thanks! Is your signature up to date? I hope things work out for you soon.
Rynkat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:40 am

yep,is up to date,thank you.I hope so too.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rynkat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:56 am

I really could do without the nausea it just means I can't take my mind of the possibility. I'm sure that is a vicious cycle. It is most likely just messed up hormones.

Do you know when you will start ivf?
Rynkat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:32 am

I really hope this is it for you.I don't have an idea yet about ivf,I wanted to take some time losing a bit of weight then see,during my time ttc I gained a few pounds and I don't want to end up being huge during my pregnancy. Hopefully soon.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rynkat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:22 am

Good luck with the weight loss that's lots to think about at once!
Rynkat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Rynkat » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:26 am

An like magic today no pms/pregnancy symptoms at all. My body is being strange.
Rynkat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Rynkat » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:26 pm

And af on day 25 >.< Guess my cycle isn't normal, though I don't think I was super regular before depo.
Rynkat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby PolkaDot_24 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:08 pm

I saw your message and had to reply. When I was trying to come off depo and ttc I looked everywhere for stories and some hope and it was mostly very worrying.

I got pregnant 11 months after being off depo. I'm almost 14 weeks pregnant now. Af returned to a regular cycle about 8 months after my last depo shot. Before that it was definitely irregular. I used opks the month I got pregnant. I hope my success will give you some hope and strength when you're questioning coming off depo. Good luck!!!
PolkaDot_24
Friend

Postby Rynkat » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Thank you polkadot! There are so many negative stories online it is hard not to feel negative. I'm about 8 months in as well so that helps. I'm not worried yet as I'd tread the average is 12 months after your last one but as I said above the fewer periods I have to suffer the better. Although diclofenac supps are helping a lot so far.
14 weeks in! I hope you are feeling well and being killed after :)
Rynkat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Rynkat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:37 am

Had a horrible time since my last post, I've had another period start 10 days after the last one so could happen again as I'm day 9 of this cycle. I had stopped agnus castus because I ran out but I've started it again. Last week I collapsed from exhaustion, headaches and dizziness and got tested for low iron but apparently everything is fine so no idea what that was about.

I guess it will be a few more months before I have regular periods I'm not going to bother with ovulation tests or temperatures till I have more regular periods.
Rynkat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Klutt910 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:43 pm

I know this is an older post but this is a lot what I've been going through since my last injection in November 2014... AF showed in January and stuck around EVERY DAY until March, Then stopped for like 3 days and went on for 3 weeks 2 weeks off 5 weeks on..... It has been a HORRIBLE year!!! I finally went to a gyn reluctantly though (my OB wasn't covered under insurance) she ran my LH FSH Estrogen and TSH... I've had a borderline thyroid issue for about 2 years my Drs have always checked it at my annual labs and my numbers always slightly increased. I don't fit the "look" of someone with a hypothyroid because I'm 5'3 100lbs so Drs have pushed me off about it. The only good thing that came out of this new GYN was treatment for my thyroid, when TTC your TSH level should be around a 2, mine was at 9.8. But she looked at my other labs and said they were fine and that my body always just regulating. DH and I have been trying for 2 months and I just got new insurance and able to go back to my original OB thank god! He took one look at my labs and said depo is still suppressing your system. All the bleeding has just been breakthrough. There hasn't been any ovulation.

So he started me on a pretty serious med schedule. Today was Clomid day 1 so I'm hoping it works.
Klutt910
Friend

Postby Rynkat » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:12 am

Wow Klutt that sucks I hope the meds work quickly for you and you don't have any really bad side effects. I'm just waiting to see if this cycle will be a proper 25+ day one or one of the 12-16 day ones I've been having. I worry there isn't any point going back to the docs yet as my last one was in january and they won't even consider looking for issues till 12+ months.
Rynkat
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Klutt910 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:37 am

What CD are you on now? Sorry I was in insomnia mode last night lol, the reason I said about my thyroid is because I had severe fatigue, dizziness, and migraines. Although the synthroid has helped a lot it hasn't totally gone away. But has your Dr checked your level? Also when I started synthroid my cycle started to stretch out for longer periods rather than the 1 week I was having. It's about 23-25 days now. It's worth looking into just to make sure there's no underlying problems other than just checking for anemia and depo withdrawals
Klutt910
Friend

Return to TTC Your First Baby