Too late?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Too late?

Postby Ashleycowart1 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:12 pm

I’m not sure if this is the right board to post in and I’m so confused at this point. Okay so my period was May 9-14th. According to fertility friend I ovulate tomorrow. Well I been having unprotected sex the last 3 days, no pulling out or anything. I’m on bc but haven’t been taking the pills like I should. So I know I’m not covered by it. Anyways, I took an Ella today, and I read you shouldn’t take it while on Bc. But I also think I’m ovulating today, cause I got the cramps like every month. So what I really want to know. Has anyone ever taken an Ella, during ovulation or a day before ovulation? And it ended up a pregnancy? And if you take it during ovulation since it doesn’t end a pregnancy does it delay ovulation?
Ashleycowart1
Friend

Re: Too late?

Postby Randilynn86 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:33 am

The morning after pill stops your ovary from releasing an egg. It is highly effective. There are probably other ways it combats pregnancy, too. I think it is recommended you take it after unprotected sex if you haven't taken your birth control appropriately, as you said. I think they don't want you to take both because they're both doses of hormones. If you're on BC and using it correctly you dont need the morning after pill.

It says to take it within 72 hours of sex so you might not be to late.

Your menstrual cycle does get heavily affected by this pill as it is a high dose of hormones. I took it once almost a decade ago and it messed me up for two cycles straight. It can cause cramps.

You wouldn't be getting ovulation cramps while on BC pills. Your cramps might be something else.

GL
Randilynn86
Friend

Return to Ovulation