first time using ov test--how to time BD?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

first time using ov test--how to time BD?

Postby miaowington » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:20 pm

This is my first time ever using an ovulation kit. I'd been relying on charting, but FF's ovulation estimate & my own have not been matching up, & FF is telling me I have a short luteal phase.

So I decided to give the ovulation tests a whirl. I splurged on the digital kind with the smiley faces. I took a test on CD 14 in both the morning & the evening. It was negative both times, even though I had other ovulation symptoms (open cervix, creamy mucus). We BD'ed that night anyway just because we felt like it. I tested the next morning & it was negative again, but my cervix was super low & super open, with tons of EWCM. I tested again that evening when I started feeling ov pains & it was POSITIVE! You have never seen a lady get so excited over a positive ovulation test, I swear. We BD'ed right away, & I'm thinking it's good we did the night before too, in case I just caught the end of the surge? Right?

This is our fifth or sixth cycle TTC & this is the first time I've seen mucus of this high quality & such primo cervical positioning, so I'm feeling hopeful. I'm also greasing the wheels with baby aspirin, B6, Vitex (starting today), acupuncture, & occasionally Preseed. I am taking no prisoners!

Oh, & the chart: CD14 showed a major temp dip. Temps stayed low but not super crazy low yesterday (CD15). They climbed a bit today but are still .3 degrees below the potential cover line. I don't know if the gradual rise means ovulation has happened or if there's still a chance. Thoughts?
miaowington
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tee2876 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:32 pm

dance 1x daily for atleast 3 days after smiley face! Yay babydust!!!
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ovulation