Luteal cycle length

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Luteal cycle length

Postby Mishie83 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:12 am

Hi, I was pregnant 18 months ago (miscarried) I had a 28 day cycle, and ovulated at day 14, it must have been day 14 as this was the only day we had sex that month and I conceived, now I'm trying again and I have irregular cycles, sometimes 28, sometimes 29 and sometimes 32, this month was 29 days, I think I ovulated late this month, around day 19. Is this normal? Is it possible to go from having a normal Luteal cycle to having a short cycle? I thought you weren't supposed to fluctuate that much? Advise please?
Mishie83

Re: Luteal cycle length

Postby indie_ana » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:47 am

i cant offer advice - only support really

my LP is all over the place but used to be fairly standard. i concieved my son after a 14 day, then 11 day LP this month my last one was 7 days..... needless to say no BFP that month! but my point really is yes.. it can vary from month to month :0)
indie_ana
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Luteal cycle length

Postby ourmaybebaby » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:24 am

it's probably your follicular phase that is changing, not your luteal phase.
the follicular phase, leading up to ovulation, can be affected be lots of things- like stress or travel, etc.
but once you ovulate you're probably having the same length luteal phase leading up to menstruation.
do you track with opks? i really appreciate the clearblue fertility monitor, or even the clearblue digital ovulation tests! they really help pinpoint ovulation, and definitely were a good learning tool for me when trying to conceive our first!
ourmaybebaby
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Ovulation