Double ovulation , separate days

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Double ovulation , separate days

Postby Sophia83 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:05 am

Hi ladies I hope someone can shed some light on my situation. I'm currently on 25mg of clomid and cd 10 had a scan that showed 3 follicles, two at 17mm and one a little smaller ( they didn't give me exact size of that one ). Anyway , cd13 had a positive opk and cd14 had another scan and the nurse said " it looks like your ovulating right now " but you still have two follicles one is quite big so come back in two days to check on it . Anyway cd15 opk was negative , so I thought for sure I ovulated as nurse said . Then today cd16 I had ANOTHER positive opk and at scan nurse said ( different nurse) it looks like your ovulating right now , I explained about Monday but she just said all I know is your ovulating now. I asked how many follicles and she said just the one that's rupturing now! - I'm so confused, did I ovulate twice ? Two days apart ?
Sophia83
Friend

Re: Double ovulation , separate days

Postby Danaa » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:15 pm

It is possible,it happened to me twice a few days apart but I was on injectables.
The nurse or tech who did the ultrasound could of have tell if you ovulated a day earlier Bcs of the corpus luteum left behind,is noticeable for 2days.
My doctor always could tell when I ovulated in the 48h Bcs of that.
Also it is possible to have a "later " ovulation.
I hope you find some answers.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Double ovulation , separate days

Postby Sophia83 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:29 am

The second nurse never mentioned a corpus luteum but the first nurse on cd 14 said I'm sure you have already ovulated but then went to check with the doctor he said yes you have / are ovulating . Second nurse actually showed me the follicle breaking down ( cd16) im just so confused I hope I ovulated twice . Thanks for replying X
Sophia83
Friend

Return to Ovulation