everything is different

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

everything is different

Postby 860lindsey » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:59 am

Hi ladies so here is my backstory...when we were trying to conceive our daughter I would get three days of positive opks, with a temperature shift on the third positive day signaling ovulation. The is my second month now using opks/watching cm/temping since we had our little girl. Last month never got a actual positive but I had a temperature rise so I know I ovulated, had the normal O pains, and AF came right on time. Before I had my daughter, I would usually O between CD 14-25. This month I was only on CD 10 when I started to feel O pains so I went out and bought some opks, took one that afternoon, and got an almost positive. I tested again that night and it was lighter, CD 11 tested twice and both were lighter still, and today CD12 it almost completely white. I continued have O pains, had ewcm yesterday (CD11), am dry today (CD12) and had a slight temperature rise today.

Can everything be different this second time of ttc? I feel like I researched a ton when ttc our first and I was going into this time thinking that it would be much easier bc I already know how my body works but everythings seems so different. Anyone else experience this?
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: everything is different

Postby FosterMom » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:44 am

Sounds like you finally O'd on cd11. As your body geared up the first time and finally did it. Our bodies are so different with each cycle and pregnancy...don't be too surprised. Hopefully you caught the egg!!!
FosterMom

Postby 860lindsey » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:04 am

Thank you for your reply! I'm thinking I agree with you but it's just so weird that I'm so early and that my opk was never truly positive (like a said before I always use to get three days if positives). My temperature is up a little but not like it should be. Before ovulation it's never above 97.5 and after it's never below 97.9. For the past two mornings it's been right in the middle at 97.7. I know ultimately time will tell but I'm just so impatient! I am glad to hear you say that with each cycle and pregnancy things can be different. Maybe after one pregnancy my body is now having super short LH surges when previously I would have three days if high levels????
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:22 pm

Oh yes. Everything was different after I had my daughter. I could not even get an opk close to positive the cycle I conceived this baby. It is quite frustrating because you do so much work to get to know your body, then you have to do it all over again!
Me (Lindsey) - 39
DH/love of my life - 45
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

TTC baby #3!

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: everything is different **Update**

Postby 860lindsey » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:29 am

Thank you for your reply Highland and congratulations on your BFP and baby girl. Now I am even more confused with my body though lol. Here's what's going on, any thoughts or similar stories are appreciated.

I thought I ovulated early but no sustained temperature rise so I know I didn't. Thursday evening I started getting ovulation pains and had a dark but negative opk so I thought O was coming soon. Friday pains continued with a negative but still dark opk in the early afternoon and evening, TONS of ewcm too. By nighttime last night my cm changed to creamy so I assumed I missed my surge again this month (even thought I was making sure I wasn't drinking too much water and was waiting 4 hours before testing) and I had already ovulated (doesn't cm change to creamy after ovulation???) In the middle of the night I got up to go to the bathroom and thought I would take an opk for fun and boom positive.

Today opk is still positive but cm is still totally creamy. Any thoughts???? What is more reliable cm or opk? Based on my cm I already ovulated based on opk not yet??? Is creamy cm fertile cm at all??????
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Ovulation